Thai reform council places emphasis on eradication of social inequality

webfact

Reform council places emphasis on eradication of social inequality

PNPOL571110001000601_10112014_014219.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 November 2014 (NNT) - The National Reform Council (NRC) has made known that social inequality is the country’s main concern, expressing keen interest in tackling the issue through reforms.

During a seminar hosted by the reform council, representatives of the group expressed concerns over the problem of inequality, saying members of the NRC must do whatever it takes to reduce social disparities and find a way for every member of the society to have equal right and opportunity.

They said Thailand needs to have a more effective income tax structure and a better distribution of wealth.

In addition to this, members of the reform body said all children, including those living in rural areas, must have equal access to education.

As for the energy sector, they said laws and legislation concerning energy must be modernized in order to create national stability, and that more long-term concessions must be awarded to ensure that public interest is upheld.

As for the main obstacle, they voiced that the lack of seriousness and effectiveness of policy makers and those who implement them as well as politicians’ lack of cooperation will prevent the NRC from achieving its goal.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-10 footer_n.gif

Isn't it lovely that the "good people" really really care about their less fortunate countrymen!!

Almost brought a tear to my eye!!

On a side note, I read today, that bloodrelatives of the real wealthy would be extempted from the new inheritance-tax!!

So much for the eradication of social inequality!!

• Like 1

Eradicate social inequality would mean not exempting certain kind of people from police investigation even if very suspect wouldn't it?

Eradicate social inequality would mean not exempting certain kind of people from jail term even if convicted wouldn't it?

etc. etc.

• Like 2

Isn't it lovely that the "good people" really really care about their less fortunate countrymen!!

Almost brought a tear to my eye!!

On a side note, I read today, that bloodrelatives of the real wealthy would be extempted from the new inheritance-tax!!

So much for the eradication of social inequality!!

Read where?

• Like 1

Me thinks, these are proposals, what should be done, not plans, what will be done. After all this was a seminar with people and organizations sharing their thoughts, nothing more.

And in general they are right, the income gap is far too wide and growing, leading ultimately to social unrest. But as already stated here, those which the money decide, and their decision is, that they need more money, before they can start pondering, if they might reduce the speed of their wealth growing.

The social divide inequality would need a big boost in the lower end of towns fortunes to bring a better world for them, I think that the reform council likes the sound of it's own voice, the PTP had this fault , a press stop easy fix is not going to re-arrange the Merc's in garages in the short term nor the long term and it is doubtful the disposable income will increase 300% in real wages ,I doubt that in twenty years time Thailand will be any different , prove me wrong.coffee1.gif

Years ago, we used to take clothes and food and water to migrant workers living in the most squalid conditions opposite the Club Med in Kata Phuket. They had no electricity or running water! Later, we saw another shanty town grow behind the Junk Ceylon in Patong. Surrounded by luxury, these people loved in appalling conditions. At the same time, I often gave money to some elderly homeless ,men and women, Thais who wandered the streets in rags.

Lately , hearing something on a fire escape staircase in the evening, I went out to have a look. There , I found a couple with a little baby sleeping on the floor with their bag of belongings. I went out to get some food and baby food for them, but also saw the next day that one of my Thai neighbors was helping them. There are a lot of homeless families with children living on the streets of Thailand. It's about time that the government did something to help them.

• Like 1

They could always start with selling some assets and the Prime minister and deputy prime ministers diamante earrings and rings and sports ministers 9 handbags and watches alone would help quit a few Thai families to get on a more "equal" level to their masters.

My my there is a constant flow of brown stuff in the headlines lately I must say. rolleyes.gif

Thais are best at talking. Most non-locals learn over time to generally pay no attention to what the average Thai says at generally they are not much motivated by truth. They are story tellers, really. Fantastical story tellers.