Thailand expects 5.5 million Chinese tourists in 2015

webfact

Thailand expects 5.5 million Chinese visitors next year
By Digital Content

14156119402360-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 10 -- The Ministry of Tourism & Sports is promoting Thainess to woo foreign tourists and this is part of its campaigns to raise the number of Chinese visitors to 5-5.5 million next year.

Tourism & Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said Thainess, or Thai ways of life, would be the main highlight of Thai tourism campaigns next year. She said tourism had dropped due to the political situations earlier this year but it is now recovering in the last quarter this year.

She expects Thailand will receive 25.5 million visitors throughout this year compared with 26.5 million last year, a drop of one million.

Ms Kobkarn said the theme of Thainess had been introduced in a travel fair in England and received a very warm welcome from European tourists.

She said European tourists usually stayed 10 days per trip and Britons did 17 days on average, compared with other foreign visitors who stayed 8-9 days on average in Thailand.

Tourism campaigns with the theme of Thai lifestyles will be officially launched next year together with cycling routes in 47 provinces, the minister said.

She will present the theme in the China International Travel Mart 2014 opening Friday in Shanghai and running though Sunday. She will leave for Shanghai on Wednesday.

Ms Kobkarn that the three month visa fee exemption for Chinese visitors expired Saturday and was not extended because of considerable arrivals of Chinese tourists. She expects 5 to 5.5 million Chinese tourists to visit Thailand next year, compared with 4 to 4.5 million this year. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-11-10

a bit unrealistic a figure. I would say a rise from now 2.3 million towards a 25% raise for every following year is more close to the truth.

For the Thai hotelery industry, focussing on chinese tourists is kind of a an old tradition. For the chinese middle class - which itself is growing in numbers, and they HAVE money to travel - Thailand is literally China's "southernmost" province ! The fact that they are being greeted in their mother tongue by all the Thais involved in their tour packages, makes Thailand a pro-bono vacation country for the average chinese traveller. A kind of a starter, before an Europe trip, let's say.

The steadily rising number of chinese tour packages are solid proof for TAT's expectations. I do not understand why some ThaiVisa members think of it being laughable.

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 2

a bit unrealistic a figure. I would say a rise from now 2.3 million towards a 25% raise for every following year is more close to the truth.

For the Thai hotelery industry, focussing on chinese tourists is kind of a an old tradition. For the chinese middle class - which itself is growing in numbers, and they HAVE money to travel - Thailand is literally China's "southernmost" province ! The fact that they are being greeted in their mother tongue by all the Thais involved in their tour packages, makes Thailand a pro-bono vacation country for the average chinese traveller. A kind of a starter, before an Europe trip, let's say.

The steadily rising number of chinese tour packages are solid proof for TAT's expectations. I do not understand why some ThaiVisa members think of it being laughable.

Thank you for the first intelligent post on the subject.

Cheers

Mmmm...guess it may be good for the economy but i find the abruptness and attitude of the Chinese doesn't go with the smile vibe in Thailand, the most polite and nicest people in the universe. Mind you it's in the Chinese nature to be considered a little rude as they are from a country of 1.3 billion people, there's no time for politeness ,you just gotta be first in line.

I just don't want to see Thai people jaded by just putting out for cold tourism for the Chinese and getting nothing back.....I'm just saying thumbsup.gif

so after chasing off the europeans with the murders, rapes , mafia and general rip offs they have decided to try it out on the chinese. I am sure that as soon as the chinese are targeted for the murders, rapes, rip offs etc they to will no longer be so willing to come here but as long as there is all you can eat buffet breakfasts they will be hard to dissuade. All the chinese tour groups that have stayed in the same hotels as I have were the first to the buffet and promptly cleaned them out before anyone else was able to get at the food, they then queued up to make sure they were able to fill their plates to the limits again, simply put anyone elses coffee/drinks and toast that were put on the tables while they went to try to get some food on the floor and taken over the table. They have no manners, no etiquette what so ever, push in to lines, try to take other peoples orders and need to be yelled at/abused before they actually take notice of anyone else , yes these are definitely the high quality tourists that Thailand want to attractblink.png

The Chinese don't go out alone. Safety in numbers.

so after chasing off the europeans with the murders, rapes , mafia and general rip offs they have decided to try it out on the chinese. I am sure that as soon as the chinese are targeted for the murders, rapes, rip offs etc they to will no longer be so willing to come here but as long as there is all you can eat buffet breakfasts they will be hard to dissuade. All the chinese tour groups that have stayed in the same hotels as I have were the first to the buffet and promptly cleaned them out before anyone else was able to get at the food, they then queued up to make sure they were able to fill their plates to the limits again, simply put anyone elses coffee/drinks and toast that were put on the tables while they went to try to get some food on the floor and taken over the table. They have no manners, no etiquette what so ever, push in to lines, try to take other peoples orders and need to be yelled at/abused before they actually take notice of anyone else , yes these are definitely the high quality tourists that Thailand want to attractblink.png

The Chinese don't go out alone. Safety in numbers.

Im not sure theres even such a thing in China as being alone ;)

Great thing about the China spitting package tours is as long as you stay away from main tourist areas you never bump into them off the beaten track, not yet much anyway.

• Like 1