Report on 90-day Report at Chiang Mai Immigration, 2014-11-11

Seligne2

I waited 3 weeks for my self addressed envelope to come back to me. It never did. Went in person today and was advised DO NOT use mail for 90 day reporting. No fine as I had the post office receipt.

With apologies, Circusman, but I don't find your post helpful. The reason is that there seem to be too many expatriates obsessed and nervous with what is really a simple business (albeit a pain in everyone's hind quarters). Look at the number of posts on this thread! blink.png Your post is a bit like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded place!

Your apparent experience runs counter to the recent reports of many, many others including myself. It is directly contrary to the very recent specific guidance from the head of Chiangmai Immigration. I am not calling you a liar. Perhaps you simply misheard or misinterpreted the clerk, a simple confusion of accent or lack of a common language.

Your registered post might have gone astray, but that a registered letter posted locally to a local official address in Thailand would not be delivered is most certainly extraordinarily rare. Did you track it? It could have been misplaced at the office. Perhaps it was misaddressed or the submission incomplete. Whatever. In any case, you were not charged.

I am sorry that you had to make the trip to the office --- a pain in the rear and an unnecessary addition to your carbon trail, but please be careful not to sow seeds of confusion with this topic !

By the way, with your handy receipt, you could well have waited until the approximate date of your next report --- and have enclosed an explanation in another mailed submission with a photocopy of your receipt. If you were going to leave the country before then, a very, very alert immigration officer in a nasty mood at the border might pick up that you were missing a report in the passport, but then you have the receipt. I leave the country often, and I haven't ever seen an officer even look, but it could happen, I suppose. Or there is the infintesimal risk some BIB with an Immigration background might nail you on the street (or at the circus biggrin.png) ?!

By the way, that's what we need in Chiang Mai. A tent circus at least once a year. Lots of elephants here already! Lots of clowns, too. And lots of acrobats! Should be fun!

Me too, but I stand on those foot-marks looking into the camera, so I really don't know what the officer is looking at. wink.png

• Like 1

Mapguy.

Shanghai acrobats will be here this month until sometime in April, they are brilliant, if they are anything like the show we saw in Shanghai. Caught sight of a sign on the canal road but no more details.

As mentioned, plenty of elephants and clowns here already.

Maybe this is the one! Wrong thread really!

http://www.chiangmaizoo.peam.biz

Edited by Thailand

I waited 3 weeks for my self addressed envelope to come back to me. It never did. Went in person today and was advised DO NOT use mail for 90 day reporting. No fine as I had the post office receipt.

With apologies, Circusman, but I don't find your post helpful. The reason is that there seem to be too many expatriates obsessed and nervous with what is really a simple business (albeit a pain in everyone's hind quarters). Look at the number of posts on this thread! blink.png Your post is a bit like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded place!

Your apparent experience runs counter to the recent reports of many, many others including myself. It is directly contrary to the very recent specific guidance from the head of Chiangmai Immigration. I am not calling you a liar. Perhaps you simply misheard or misinterpreted the clerk, a simple confusion of accent or lack of a common language.

Your registered post might have gone astray, but that a registered letter posted locally to a local official address in Thailand would not be delivered is most certainly extraordinarily rare. Did you track it? It could have been misplaced at the office. Perhaps it was misaddressed or the submission incomplete. Whatever. In any case, you were not charged.

I am sorry that you had to make the trip to the office --- a pain in the rear and an unnecessary addition to your carbon trail, but please be careful not to sow seeds of confusion with this topic !

By the way, with your handy receipt, you could well have waited until the approximate date of your next report --- and have enclosed an explanation in another mailed submission with a photocopy of your receipt. If you were going to leave the country before then, a very, very alert immigration officer in a nasty mood at the border might pick up that you were missing a report in the passport, but then you have the receipt. I leave the country often, and I haven't ever seen an officer even look, but it could happen, I suppose. Or there is the infintesimal risk some BIB with an Immigration background might nail you on the street (or at the circus biggrin.png) ?!

By the way, that's what we need in Chiang Mai. A tent circus at least once a year. Lots of elephants here already! Lots of clowns, too. And lots of acrobats! Should be fun!

Me too, but I stand on those foot-marks looking into the camera, so I really don't know what the officer is looking at. wink.png

Just remember to smile !!

• Like 1

Did you see the circus that was in C.M. about a year and a half ago ? Of course I went. I won't go into what was wrong with it but just want to say it don't expect anything

like you have seen in another country. Now they have a tiger act at Night Safari. As I used to have a tiger act of my own I of course had to go see it. In a word, pitiful.

Lasted 20 minutes but could have been done in 7.

As for my 90 day report. I understood the counter man perfectly well when he said, better to not use the mail for the report. He checked the computer and my report was inside it. Just my slip never came to my house. You don't think I would/could wait 90 days without the new slip to try again? Geez man, unrealistic for sure.

Did you see the circus that was in C.M. about a year and a half ago ? Of course I went. I won't go into what was wrong with it but just want to say it don't expect anything

like you have seen in another country. Now they have a tiger act at Night Safari. As I used to have a tiger act of my own I of course had to go see it. In a word, pitiful.

Lasted 20 minutes but could have been done in 7.

As for my 90 day report. I understood the counter man perfectly well when he said, better to not use the mail for the report. He checked the computer and my report was inside it. Just my slip never came to my house. You don't think I would/could wait 90 days without the new slip to try again? Geez man, unrealistic for sure.

So your postal report was actually completed by immigration and it was the return mail that was not received?

You don't think I would/could wait 90 days without the new slip to try again? Geez man, unrealistic for sure.

That's exactly what you should do. The registered mail receipt that you kept serves as proof that you submitted the 90 day report via mail, despite the fact you didn't receive the new slip via return mail.

You don't think I would/could wait 90 days without the new slip to try again? Geez man, unrealistic for sure.

That's exactly what you should do. The registered mail receipt that you kept serves as proof that you submitted the 90 day report via mail, despite the fact you didn't receive the new slip via return mail.

No thanks. It is not a big deal for me to go to imm. unless it is full of people. I went in the afternoon and there was no one ahead of me. Officer explained his thoughts on mail in gave me 90 days on paper and out the door. Of course sometimes you run into a room full of the unholy and unwashed.

No thanks. It is not a big deal for me to go to imm. unless it is full of people. I went in the afternoon and there was no one ahead of me. Officer explained his thoughts on mail in gave me 90 days on paper and out the door. Of course sometimes you run into a room full of the unholy and unwashed.

They knew you were coming and scarpered.

• Like 2

You should maybe have blessed them with your particular type of Evangelistic holiness. Jesus washed the feet of the disciples. What holds you back.

• 1 month later...