Anyone know of a nice sushi bar in Bangkok for a hot date?

Chicagoan

Going on a date with a young cutie and we both like sushi. I've only been to cheesy places in the malls.

Anyone know of a nice, authentic sushi bar that's a great place to take a date in the bkk area? Preferably somewhere around Sukhumvit?

Budget is 2k-3k.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't you go out and have a few beers with your mates and then go out and find a cutie later when you've a had a few?

If you really want to impress, I'm told Lord Jim's at the Mandarin Oriental does some pretty amazing Sushi. Won't come cheap though, she'll have to be a pretty tasty morsel herself to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Why don't you go out and have a few beers with your mates and then go out and find a cutie later when you've a had a few?

If you really want to impress, I'm told Lord Jim's at the Mandarin Oriental does some pretty amazing Sushi. Won't come cheap though, she'll have to be a pretty tasty morsel herself to make it worthwhile.

I'm still kinda new out here. I don't have any mates....

You've definitely got your priorities wrong, my friend! Pretty girls are ten a penny in this city. Good mates need more effort!

I won't argue that. Valid point. I'm not really into this one and I've been out with several... I'm just in the mood to actually go out on a "date-date" because usually it's just drinks and back to my place.

I need some friends. Ha. I sound so lonely, but I'm really not.

• Like 1

You've definitely got your priorities wrong, my friend! Pretty girls are ten a penny in this city. Good mates need more effort!

Yeah right, plenty of pretty girls just want to have fun with a farang... last time I checked it was B. 3,000

a pop, far more expensive than a penny...and that's for one girl only....

In the Mood For Love - Ekkamai 1 Soi 1

There was a bigger one at Suk 36 but it's closed down, but the smaller one is still worth a visit as you can see from the photo.

post-78695-0-16135600-1415957493_thumb.j

Although a lot of the other suggestions are great- Heaven, Iroha etc.

Wouldn't take her to a shopping mall though, traipsing through MBK or wherever to get to your restaurant of choice is pretty unromantic. (Although Central Embassy is probably the exception as it's futuristic sci-fi style is kind of cool, plus it's always near empty...) :)

Tell her to pick a place if she doesn't know any shes not hi-so and is just another lo-so.........back to a 40 baht noodle. Thai girls don't need a budget of 2 to 3 k spending on one meal . She may even think you are wasteful. And if you had to maintain this 2.5k meal adventure you are going to be broke.

If you want to be romantic think, action not money.Be attentive not make yourself big.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I won't argue that. Valid point. I'm not really into this one and I've been out with several... I'm just in the mood to actually go out on a "date-date" because usually it's just drinks and back to my place.

I need some friends. Ha. I sound so lonely, but I'm really not.

you sound like a very personable chap. I'm sure you'll find a bunch of good mates soon!

Yeah right, plenty of pretty girls just want to have fun with a farang... last time I checked it was B. 3,000

a pop, far more expensive than a penny...and that's for one girl only....

to the best of my second hand knowledge you were robbed and could have got triplets for that amount!