What is the best way to hide lots of cash while traveling?

Zierf1

In September you asked about living on 100 Bt per day.

In October you say you have money and lots of creditors that you don't want to pay.

Now you say ÿour "friend" wants to bring cash over rather than pay "his" creditors.

I think credibility and honesty are something you lack.

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$8000 is a lot of money to carry around? Just stick it in the wallet.

Its only 8K (and fiddly little freedom vouchers at that wink.png ). Below any border limits to declare. For Gods sake put it in your pocket

If wallet is a bit tight, so a couple of envelopes slipped inside an A4 snap-on plastic wallet shoved inside the carry-on back pack should do. Hide in plain site is the appropriate phrase I think.

And then he can forget the backpack in a Bangkok taxi so he can get his picture in the news with him and the cabby pointing at the backpack ... like so many tourists seem to do.

$8000 is far less than the amount that needs to be reported. Assuming all these creditors he stiffed are not in Thailand he could put the money in a Thai bank and get an ATM card. For a big-time character like him $8000 won't last that long ... always assuming this whole story isn't hatched in a troll's imagination.

Travelers bringing foreign currency more than USD 20,000 or its equivalent into or out of Thailand are required to make a report to Customs. This report is required by the “Ministerial Regulation (No. 25) B.E. 2530 issued under the Authority of the Currency Exchange Control Act B.E. 2485 and relevant regulations.
Edited by Suradit69

OP's ethics aside, we travel twice a year to LOS from UK and I openly carry a small man-bag across my chest with anything between GBP 3-4k each trip. The man-bag goes through the scanners at LHR and again at Don Mueang for our domestic flight. Never had a problem.

I carry cash as the f/x is obviously more favourable and I don't like using debit/credit cards due to bank charges and fraud prevention, that's unless I'm making occasional large purchases in reputable stores.

Once had a sniffer dog at LHR take an interest and the policeman asked if I had cash on me. Opened my man-bag and pulled out 3k and no further questions asked.

If I lost the cash, then I have comprehensive travel insurance to fall back on.

When I moved from USA to Singapore, I carried 10K USD in 100 bills so am familiar with the size of the "bank roll". It really isn't fold-able but isn't really that much either. I simply had it in an envelope and had it in a small bag ("murse") that I can carry with me in the plane (toilet runs) without looking totally paranoid.

I routinely have a stack of SGD, THB and USD (larger stack with total value probably lower than 10K USD) with me all the time, safely tucked away in my carry on backpack and never even think about it. Never been asked about it by any custom/immigration ever.

Amazing.....a guy stiffs his creditors....then is worried about thieves.....mmmmgiggle.gif

Some creditors can be the biggest thieves, the money could even be getting used to help pay MPs "expenses", overseas aid, or to rob OAPs of their annual pension increases. (I'm referring to the UK here).

Wear "cargo" shorts or trousers and place money in FRONT pockets lower down on what ever you are wearing. It would be very difficult for someone to access those pockets without you knowing.

But I can think of one exception, just don't let her do it while you are carrying all that cash! coffee1.gif

Tell your friend to have it surgically implanted, but be sure that stringent sterilisation is carried out before travel; there have been reports of messy toilets on trans-Pacific flights. I'd also recommend a reputable hospital this end, if I knew of one.

Didn't say waht country he is coming from. A bodyscan in a country like America would show anything hidden. When bag goes through xray, money in a can would be seen.

What are you all raving about. It is only $8k, stick it in your pocket. If the customs find it, it's in your pocket, nothing suspicious about it. It's legal to carry it and what's all this hoopla about being asked where you got it? It's only $8k, do you actually travel half way around the world with less?

• Like 1

Before leaving get several Pre-Paid Debit/ATM cards ... 2000 in each one... No need to even think about violation any laws... He would be putting cash in -- so no credit check - because there is not credit risks.

There are many brands of these cards ... Green Dot, Walmart Money Card managed my Green Dot, Amex Bluebird Card... and a dozen more... A google search will show you the top ten cards...

To avoid lots of transaction fees - take sums of money out in Thailand that is at the maximum daily withdraw amount. Just use what ever safe address in America that he has to make the application ... Then opt for only on line and email notifications and statements.

Empty the cards and close them -- keep one or two...

Whats wrong with carrying it in your pocket as that amount is legal to cross borders with.

Whats wrong with carrying it in your pocket as that amount is legal to cross borders with.

Suggest telling this deadbeat POS to pay off his bills instead of going on holiday? It may be unfashionable in today's world, but when you borrow money (which is what credit is) how about paying it back? I somewhat hope he does get robbed, just like he has robbed from others.

• Like 2

I brought 9 k cash my last trip to Thailand. Put it in an envelope in the button closed pocket of my cargo shorts.

No worries no issues. I would rather have it on me than in my checked luggage in a shaving cream can.

You will not be able to carry the shaving cream can in your carry-on. I like to be able to have access to

money from various sources. Cash to exchange, bank cards and credit cards.

In hundreds it is not that big a stack.

Zierf1

In September you asked aibout living on 100 Bt per day.

In October you say you have money and lots of creditors that you don't want to pay.

Now you say ÿour "friend" wants to bring cash over rather than pay "his" creditors.

I think credibility and honesty are something you lack.

Suspicion confirmed. I should have checked his previous posts.

Full of more $hit than a Christmas turkey.

I was going to ask if he had nothing better to do, but with his intellect I think he's probably already punching above his weight with troll posting

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 2

OP...Your "friend"...is a jerk. However...here's a tried & true method of carrying cash through

international borders literally undetected. I must mention first that 8K USD isn't gonna last

your "friend" very long. Especially if his "creditors" get wind of where he is. One can't run

too far on empty.

Method...

1. Procure a thick Zip-Lock bag or local equivalent.

2. Procure one jar of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.

3. Procure one roll of 2 inch wide gaffing tape..any colour "friend" wishes.

4. Place money/cash inside Zip-Lock bag, close the "zip" then roll the bag

into a cigar shape. Wrap the gaffing tape around rolled Zip-Lock bag to

completely cover the bag...do this tightly.

5. Rub Vaseline over the outside of gaffing taped Zip-Lock bag then insert

up anus.

6. Travel.

Note...If your "friend" cannot obtain "Vaseline" brand petroleum jelly, Tiger Balm

is a good substitute.

• Like 2