Does anybody know what a Kor Tor (Kaw Taw) 11 document is?

So today I wanted to extend my Non-O based on Child.

Brought all the documents as stated on the bangkok.immigration website. Obviously only to find out that of course it was not enough!

So I have been asked to further bring:

- Picture of me and my daughter in front of the house

- Copy Rental agreement of the house I live in

- Copy House Book registration of my daughter

- My daughter in person

- And a Kor Tor 11 document. I asked them what that was but they could not explain this to me. They said go to the District office...

I am not married to the mom and have shared custody from court.

Does anybody know what that Kor Tor document is?

You need to have your parenthood legalized and registered at the Amphoe (district), that is the document that they want. I suppose that must have happened when you got the joint custody, but you may still be missing some formal step.

Check below for some information about the process (again - you may actually have got it done already),

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776053-unmarried-not-yet-legal-father-how-to-get-1-year-non-o-extension/

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

You need to have your parenthood legalized and registered at the Amphoe (district), that is the document that they want. I suppose that must have happened when you got the joint custody, but you may still be missing some formal step.

Check below for some information about the process (again - you may actually have got it done already),

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776053-unmarried-not-yet-legal-father-how-to-get-1-year-non-o-extension/

Thanks for that! We did do the whole thing at the District office with the translation of my passport certified by the Minister of Something....

Forgotten that I had to bring it. Thanks!

RayHaas, on 17 Nov 2014 - 21:28, said:
paz, on 17 Nov 2014 - 21:02, said:

Thanks for that! We did do the whole thing at the District office with the translation of my passport certified by the Minister of Something....

Forgotten that I had to bring it. Thanks!

the translation of my passport certified by the Minister of Something....

That would be the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I did one a few months ago - not married, but have a Thai national daughter. Need to go to Amphor together with mother and child and necessary documentation; like housebook(s), passport(s), ID-card(s). The child has to confirm you are the father, so the child needs to be of certain age (think 7 years and older). The documentation was issued promptly at the Amphor’s “one stop service” office; a small fee needs to be paid.

Mind you, procedure may vary from office to office, so it’s often a good idea to check first, or have your GF to check for you (the staff may not always speak well enough English).

If the child is minor the procedure may need to be done in court, which sounds like OP have already done and therefore should have the document in questions.

A remark: Some Immigration now also asks for a Google-map printout with house marked and the coordinates.

smile.png

I did one a few months ago - not married, but have a Thai national daughter. Need to go to Amphor together with mother and child and necessary documentation; like housebook(s), passport(s), ID-card(s). The child has to confirm you are the father, so the child needs to be of certain age (think 7 years and older). The documentation was issued promptly at the Amphor’s “one stop service” office; a small fee needs to be paid.
Mind you, procedure may vary from office to office, so it’s often a good idea to check first, or have your GF to check for you (the staff may not always speak well enough English).
If the child is minor the procedure may need to be done in court, which sounds like OP have already done and therefore should have the document in questions.
A remark: Some Immigration now also asks for a Google-map printout with house marked and the coordinates.
smile.png

yeah done all the above. Not risking the google map print out...LOL.

I used the papers with instructions of what to bring giving to me by the immigration and still they added more.

• Like 1

As often described by others: some immigrations do not accept a readily prepared Google map, but expect you to scetch a handdrawn map right on the spot tongue.png

Its one simple test to find out, whether you an idea how to get to your common home.

Some "married for the papers" foreigners have no idea biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

As often described by others: some immigrations do not accept a readily prepared Google map, but expect you to scetch a handdrawn map right on the spot tongue.png

Its one simple test to find out, whether you an idea how to get to your common home.

Some "married for the papers" foreigners have no idea biggrin.png

I have never had to do the map myself. When we didn't have one done already my wife did it with input from the immigration officer. The past 3 years I have used a copy of the same map.

So went back in Today after getting the KT11 from the district office. No problem I thought. All docs prepared and waiting.....

My number was called all documents checked and passed... Up to the next booth to let the supervisor sign off on the Visa.... BANG!!! Your rental agreement details are insufficient. There are hand written remarks on it that need to me typed needly. Come back tomorrow!!!!

Jesus all mighty!!

So I have a stamp in my passport with NO Signature..... LOL