A complete tale of woe

loppylugs1

Pattaya is full of old men like him. I know several suckers who have lost much, much more. Some of the ladies waited patiently for years until the pot was full and worth taking. Unbelievably 2 of the ripped-off have already re-married or are buying property in their gf.'s name again. Just go into any Isaan village and see the major changes that have occurred the last 10 yrs. Mansions, financed by dumb Farangs everywhere. I have long ago given up telling/warning them. Let them live the illusion. If they at least picked a nice, sporty, good looking one. But most of their picks are just scary, to word it nicely. biggrin.png MS>

what? So you think a sporty good looking one will not cheat/rob/murder you?

Mate i do hope you reach the age of 78 :0)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy thut he'd find happiness by buying into the land of smiles, why is it you guys do this? At least find a woman closer to your own age then u mite stand a chance at happiness, but really, look in the mirror guys, would a western 22, 25,30,40 year old love you for the $50.000 in your pocket? You'd call her a gold digger, so why wen an Asian woman does it are you so surprised. Find me a marriage that's worked where there's a huge age difference, I don't mean one where the guy burns his head in the sand,or one where the guys a control freak, but one where both partners are on equal footing & happy despite the 20 year age gap & not just the big ATM card. Do your home work guys,thai women or men don't fall in love on meeting some one,their love grows over years as the partner proves themselves worthy.

What do you think is the success rate for a marriage to survive in western cultures? Well there's less than a 50% success rate, so do you think all the guys who came out of these broken marriages came out with all they went in with? Talk to a few guys who have been divorced, and not in their 70's, but in their 30's, 40's and 50's and see how many were skinned alive, either by their ex-wife or the lawyers, or both.

Then why immediately jump back into the fire and why re- marry..no need here....1 year 2 years hardly know the lass ,the country, the rules that apply....

• Like 1

80 year old with a 40 year old girl.

Legend in my opinion.

If he's lonely out there, and you know the guy, drop round once a week make sure he and especially bubs are ok, support him, be a friend.

Long as they are safe, fed, and happy, its all good and its his life mate after all.

Rubbish. Legend status would be if the same age applied but she was payin for everything.

This is just sleazy LOS typical.

Dumb and dumber stuff.

You get from things in life what you put into them. Put in crap, get crap back out.

Having a few baht to spend on a hooker makes you far from a legend IMO.

Each to their own.

I feel sorry for the kid. ;)

• Like 2

The guy thut he'd find happiness by buying into the land of smiles, why is it you guys do this? At least find a woman closer to your own age then u mite stand a chance at happiness, but really, look in the mirror guys, would a western 22, 25,30,40 year old love you for the $50.000 in your pocket? You'd call her a gold digger, so why wen an Asian woman does it are you so surprised. Find me a marriage that's worked where there's a huge age difference, I don't mean one where the guy burns his head in the sand,or one where the guys a control freak, but one where both partners are on equal footing & happy despite the 20 year age gap & not just the big ATM card. Do your home work guys,thai women or men don't fall in love on meeting some one,their love grows over years as the partner proves themselves worthy.

What do you think is the success rate for a marriage to survive in western cultures? Well there's less than a 50% success rate, so do you think all the guys who came out of these broken marriages came out with all they went in with? Talk to a few guys who have been divorced, and not in their 70's, but in their 30's, 40's and 50's and see how many were skinned alive, either by their ex-wife or the lawyers, or both.

Then why immediately jump back into the fire and why re- marry..no need here....1 year 2 years hardly know the lass ,the country, the rules that apply....

Where did it say he married her?

Dear Old (long departed) Dad moved over when he was 75. The first honey to latch onto him didn't last long as she was actively trying to juggle 3 sugar-daddies at the same time.

Despite the warnings of friends and family, he hooked up with a 38 y.o. that had a 6/7 y.o. daughter (and a Thai boyfriend or husband on the side). He suspected she was stealing from him as every time he took money from the bank it was disappearing far quicker than he could recall spending it.

We told him flat out to dump her and that there were 10s of thousands of other women around that he could be happy with (and hopefully wouldn't rob him blind as well). He decided that even though she had the boyfriend and was stealing from him, it was better than being alone (or trying to find someone new). She did take care of him though, right up to the end. She easily could have just taken what she could and left him in dire straights, but she didn't so I didn't begrudge her the money she stole, including the almost 200k she was able to get out of his bank after he was long dead and dusted.

I think that is true of a lot of the older gents as well. Maybe they've been alone a long time. They meet someone who seems nice. Slowly they get drawn in until they are at the point where the prospect of being alone again isn't worth contemplating. As long as they are getting something out of the relationship themselves, they can find ways to justify staying in it, even knowing that they are being taken to the cleaners.

All those studly young men of today will soon be the sad, lonely old men of tomorrow, making the same bad choices for the same sad reasons.

I admired those who although a lone are not sad, infact I know a few and they are more content, In control and self sufficient.

Why do so many put alone and sad together..almost smacks of desperation . Many farangs married to Thais here aren't exactly bursting with happiness, as in evident on this board.

Where did it say he married her?

Sorry. I was talking in general terms....not specifically this scenario.

If he has been told and has all the info let him live his life.

Later when his money is drained and he is dumped he should not come crying to his friends.

Nothing wrong with old guys paying for it. But they should not complain when she cheats and it goes wrong.

Doesn't just happen to old guys! biggrin.png

I know it does not but more often then not it does. Anyway plenty of smart old guys that know they are not physically desirable to a younger girl and just give her a rent salary.

The fools are the ones pretending its love and the girl wants them and then builds her a house.

I hope i end up as the smart type.

...and there's plenty of younger guys (30-50) who come to find a partner in Thailand because no woman in their own country would give them a second glance. Take a walk along the beach bars in Pattaya, Soi 6 or Walking Street and you'll see some fine younger specimens of manhood (read ugly as sh*t) who suddenly think they're god's gift because a bargirl is making a fuss of them.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Happens everywhere, back in the states a friend of a friend is 76 married a Pinay 9 years ago and has a 8 year old daughter. She = wife is 29 .He is an ex-cop big guy 6'3" 260 lbs . Found out his wife was cheating on him with a Phillippine guy she met thru friends, she goes over to guys house almost evey day says she wants a diviorce he doesn't want one and comes back at night to sleep there (sometimes) Friends have told him dump her get a diviorce but he says doesn't want to break up marriage. We said what marriage ! He says don't call to early because he doesn't want the phone to disturb her.(she's been out all night) He's hoping that she will see the light and stay--sure she will because she can have her cake and eat it too. Stay with him, screw the other guy, get cash has home and when he dies she gets "everything" and his pension.

People know this but hope springs eternal.

Happens everywhere, back in the states a friend of a friend is 76 married a Pinay 9 years ago and has a 8 year old daughter. She = wife is 29 .He is an ex-cop big guy 6'3" 260 lbs . Found out his wife was cheating on him with a Phillippine guy she met thru friends, she goes over to guys house almost evey day says she wants a diviorce he doesn't want one and comes back at night to sleep there (sometimes) Friends have told him dump her get a diviorce but he says doesn't want to break up marriage. We said what marriage ! He says don't call to early because he doesn't want the phone to disturb her.(she's been out all night) He's hoping that she will see the light and stay--sure she will because she can have her cake and eat it too. Stay with him, screw the other guy, get cash has home and when he dies she gets "everything" and his pension.

Like this never happened to a young guy. In fact, probably more often than to old guys, purely because a a 76 year old marrying a 29 year old is more the exception than the rule, whereas young guys are getting divorced and fleeced on a regular basis.

Edited by giddyup

Like this never happened to a young guy. In fact, probably more often than to old guys.
Keep living in fantasy land.

People are responsible for their own actions.

Doesn't matter how good your advice is, it can be disregarded.

The man at 78 is happy with the situation he is in.

He is not stupid, he knows what you are telling him is right, but he is content in the world he lives in.

No point disturbing him you will be rejected.

Everybody has different values in life and yours do not match his.

Let him live and enjoy the rest of his life in his own dream.

I certainly agree with the response from Costas2008, with one clarification. Is he down to his last dollar? Will he be jumping off of a balcony soon? If so, I would certainly butt my way into his life and try to stop him big time. That is what friends do.

Like this never happened to a young guy. In fact, probably more often than to old guys.

No fantasy involved, the average age for divorce in America is 30 years old, the average marriage lasts 8 years. Now you want to quote me some facts as to how many 76 year olds marry bar girls and get fleeced instead of your usual flippant remarks with nothing to back it up.

• Like 2

Personally know of two couples here in Thailand, with an age difference of 30yrs plus. One couple been together for more than 10yrs, the other for 8yrs. Both couples seem to be in a loving and stable relationship.

What is even more surprising is that both of the Thai wives are amongst the most beautiful women in the area. Again as far as I'm aware they have never encountered any problems due to their age difference, except for a few remarks from people who are jealouse of their situation.

• Like 2

No fantasy involved, the average age for divorce in America is 30 years old, the average marriage lasts 8 years. Now you want to quote me some facts as to how many 76 year olds marry bar girls and get fleeced instead of your usual flippant remarks with nothing to back it up.

We are in Thailand not the USA and the times i seen a Thai wife kill her lover it always was an older guy.

Do you want me to find links ... you do the same please.

Same with marriages here. USA stats dont count as huge age gap relations are not the norm there.

• Like 1

I am 76 with a 25 year old. Been together for 3 years now. Lay it on the table when you first meet them. I told her that she gets hers after I am gone. This is in my will. She gets so much a month now part of which goes to the parents. Despite our age we get along great. She is a good person no smoking drinking or partying. Movie lover like me.

• Like 1

Not our business. True, but you cannot help wanting to save a friend. Problem is, is the friend suffering? Does he know everything to which you refer and still wants her? Maybe she does take care of him--a kind word, the laundry done, a home-cooked meal, a little leg . . .

I hesitate to get involved, but I have. I lost a good friend trying to get into his business. He was down and out in the PI some years ago. I helped him, got him off booze and got him back to the States. While there he was able to get a job, and finally got both Veterans Administration and Social Security disability pensions. He quit his menial job and returned to the PI with a suitable pension. He hooked up with a girl he had known and wanted before. She was much older now and past her prime, but was attracted by his new-found peso-nality. My wife and I went to visit him when we returned to the PI several years ago. While he and I were out on the town, my wife and his girlfriend talked. She was full of questions for my wife: how much does your husband give you, how much have you saved, how much can you get hold of, how much . . . how much. The girlfriend told of building a house, and her buffalo not knowing he was supporting her Filipino husband and kids in that house he built for her.

I wrestled with that story for a while. I saw how she manipulated my friend and how he was continually giving her money--most of what he got every month. Finally, I told him. He flew off the handle, told me it was none of my business, cursed me for even getting involved. Told me to get out and never speak to him again.

A few years later, while he was sick in hospital, she got his power of attorney, emptied his bank account, sold his truck, sold his household goods, and left him. His brother told me this, he still doesn't speak to me.

• Like 2

.........in a 'relationship'..........

......but what he wants..........and what she wants....are totally different things.....

.......as long as he keeps paying.......or makes no demands that encroach upon her.......he can stay.....

80 year old with a 40 year old girl.

Legend in my opinion.

If he's lonely out there, and you know the guy, drop round once a week make sure he and especially bubs are ok, support him, be a friend.

Long as they are safe, fed, and happy, its all good and its his life mate after all.

Rubbish. Legend status would be if the same age applied but she was payin for everything.

This is just sleazy LOS typical.

Dumb and dumber stuff.

You get from things in life what you put into them. Put in crap, get crap back out.

Having a few baht to spend on a hooker makes you far from a legend IMO.

Each to their own.

I feel sorry for the kid. ;)

I feel sorry for the guy and the kid.

The misses is a drop kick

But...

He made it to 80, lives in Thailand, and has a women half his age in bed with him. Thats not to bad.

Paid for her house...big deal, couple lousy million baht.

She roots around...blame her?

Beats shitting the bed in an Aussie nursing home aka heavens waiting room

I also feel sorry for the kid, but seen worse off in the sticks. I bet the house at least has ceilings and air con.

Could think of worse places to be at age 80 thats for sure.

Anyway, u don't have to race up into the sticks to see WOE.....it floods into the forum on a daily basis, it's EVERWHERE. It's a classic. It's always being spoken about, in Thai, sadly most the victims seem completely oblivious to it. Woe is them. Sad sacks. You get out of things what you put into them.....money doesn't count.

There's no shortages of woe mate, it's in abundance. ;)

• Like 2

i think that you are very wrong, it is so peaceful out here in issan, he is 78 , over bars , over the pattaya bullshit, the lady is most likely the same and has grabbed the opportunity to be back close to her family, and have the child she always yeared for, the issan people are an amazing race when you get close to them, hope it continues to go well for both of them, most likely in a previous life he was mistreated by the establishment ,as we older gentelmen have been, go for it, he is now well into to back nine of his life, every happy day is a bonus

Robblok

Where do you know all these women that kill their old falang husbands, what you read in the paper or what you see on TV, or do you know them personally? I see plenty of spouses killing their husbands and husbands killing wives, but usually Thai, can't say I've seen a spate of falang murders by Thai wives. Proportionately there are probably more huge age gap marriages in America than Thailand, rich old guys marrying strippers etc, but you stick with your preconceived notions that all the old falangs that come to Thailand are just sheep to the slaughter, and young guys are just too smart for it to happen to them. All the statistics in the world aren't going to change your mind.

• Like 1

Robblok

Where do you know all these women that kill their old falang husbands, what you read in the paper or what you see on TV, or do you know them personally? I see plenty of spouses killing their husbands and husbands killing wives, but usually Thai, can't say I've seen a spate of falang murders by Thai wives. Proportionately there are probably more huge age gap marriages in America than Thailand, rich old guys marrying strippers etc, but you stick with your preconceived notions that all the old falangs that come to Thailand are just sheep to the slaughter, and young guys are just too smart for it to happen to them. All the statistics in the world aren't going to change your mind.

I have read about it here and can google them for you. You cant do the same for same age relations here in Thailand. Thailand is the topic not usa.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/aug/17/thailand.familyandrelationships

And google dale henry

I can find a few more if you want

Edited by robblok