A complete tale of woe

loppylugs1

I was forced by Farang bank to do exactly this.

My Thai family gave me credit when no Farang ever cared.

Let me just get that for you...

I was forced by Farang bank to do exactly this.

My Thai family gave me credit when no one else Farang ever cared.

You're welcome.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When are these old men going to realise that they haven't found love. They are used to fund a better life.

i think most know that but why have an old banger when you can ride in a rolls royce

I am 76 with a 25 year old. Been together for 3 years now. Lay it on the table when you first meet them. I told her that she gets hers after I am gone. This is in my will. She gets so much a month now part of which goes to the parents. Despite our age we get along great. She is a good person no smoking drinking or partying. Movie lover like me.

Classic Pre-Baby Boomer attitude right there. I hope you feel proud of yourself as you throw your legacy down the drain, I know that your ancestors are probably ready to kick some ass when they get hold of ya' wink.png

Some of us have no ancestors to speak of or give a rats ass about. I ma 67 with a 29 year old wife married her as a virgin university education and no family she gives a hoot about. She became a citizen of my country last year and since moving back to Thailand she aches to move back to my country where she once worked and enjoyed her own money as she has a designer goods mentality. Been married 5 years now and my 3rd marriage and she is the best considerate partner friend and lover I ever had. I speak to her about pensions and wills and she says she wants nothing when I croak. She says give it to your daughter that I have and hardly know. I have done as she asked and I have a stranger called daughter in for a surprise at by death. BTW am on 3 pensions and still work for a living. Home office consulting for the company I have always worked for Medical insurance for both intact.

It's quite simple, you take care of your 'house' back home in farang land, even if they are the lowest of the low as you say they deserve something.

Now here's what I think of you old man :-

You're a disgrace and an old fool.

They are happy and comfortable while the gold rolls in, but when the money runs dry (not in your case so soon in all likelihood), they'll cast you out 9 times out of 10 onto the bones of your arse. Thai people are often more corrupted by the west than farang are by the east imho. At least the ones I've seen that return after a few years.

Now you baby-boomers typically have it the best out of the post WW2 generations - you got wealthy, usually you worked pretty hard BUT you got the gold-plated pensions that can't be replicated by the successive generations. Now the younger fools out there that try and copycat your behavior I really feel sorry for! Unlike you, they don't have gold-plated pensions to rake in the coin and live high off their back!

Your opinion means absolutely nothing considering you give the impression your a young fool with zero respect for your elders. You'll go far.cheesy.gif

I am 76 with a 25 year old. Been together for 3 years now. Lay it on the table when you first meet them. I told her that she gets hers after I am gone. This is in my will. She gets so much a month now part of which goes to the parents. Despite our age we get along great. She is a good person no smoking drinking or partying. Movie lover like me.

Classic Pre-Baby Boomer attitude right there. I hope you feel proud of yourself as you throw your legacy down the drain, I know that your ancestors are probably ready to kick some ass when they get hold of ya' wink.png

Some of us have no ancestors to speak of or give a rats ass about. I ma 67 with a 29 year old wife married her as a virgin university education and no family she gives a hoot about. She became a citizen of my country last year and since moving back to Thailand she aches to move back to my country where she once worked and enjoyed her own money as she has a designer goods mentality. Been married 5 years now and my 3rd marriage and she is the best considerate partner friend and lover I ever had. I speak to her about pensions and wills and she says she wants nothing when I croak. She says give it to your daughter that I have and hardly know. I have done as she asked and I have a stranger called daughter in for a surprise at by death. BTW am on 3 pensions and still work for a living. Home office consulting for the company I have always worked for Medical insurance for both intact.

It's quite simple, you take care of your 'house' back home in farang land, even if they are the lowest of the low as you say they deserve something.

They are happy and comfortable while the gold rolls in, but when the money runs dry (not in your case so soon in all likelihood), they'll cast you out 9 times out of 10 onto the bones of your arse. Thai people are often more corrupted by the west than farang are by the east imho. At least the ones I've seen that return after a few years.

Now you baby-boomers typically have it the best out of the post WW2 generations - you got wealthy, usually you worked pretty hard BUT you got the gold-plated pensions that can't be replicated by the successive generations. Now the younger fools out there that try and copycat your behavior I really feel sorry for! Unlike you, they don't have gold-plated pensions to rake in the coin and live high off their back!

No need for the family to cast him out. If he can't afford to extend the visa, the law will cast him out of Thailand.

If I couldn't put the required sum in the bank to extend my visa, the family certainly couldn't afford to.

Harsh, but not a stretch by any means.

Just ask Weegee.

Who"s Weegee? This is not his posting.

He got shafted big time just recently. The whole clan ran him out of town and tried to steal everything.

Reason as it pertains to the topic.?

Hmmmm.....do not trust your younger thai wife/gf with who you have been for years. It can happen to anybody.....i guess thats what must be the relevance to this thread, according to them.

BUT you got the gold-plated pensions

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My pension doesn't even give me enough back home to rent and eat, never mind have a life.

Advise him to go back to UK and be among his love one in his own country.

Go back to the UK and freeze to death on his own in a bedsit would be more likely.

The UK is not a nice place for the elderly.

If you haven't got your own house in order by the time you are elderly then more fool you.

May be his house is in order--in the order he wants it. Who are we to judge? Look how many on this forum have been taken by women. Are we all fools? Yes, but fools who have lived. My old grandpappy had a saying, "You pays your money, and takes your choice."

Advise him to go back to UK and be among his love one in his own country.

Go back to the UK and freeze to death on his own in a bedsit would be more likely.

The UK is not a nice place for the elderly.

If you haven't got your own house in order by the time you are elderly then more fool you.

May be his house is in order--in the order he wants it. Who are we to judge? Look how many on this forum have been taken by women. Are we all fools? Yes, but fools who have lived. My old grandpappy had a saying, "You pays your money, and takes your choice."

Not just women. I lost a year's income to a bad ( ex ) male friend, though my ( ex ) western wife did take my house and I had to start from scratch at 35. Life isn't always easy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

has anyone just for one moment thought, this old guy just might looking after the little might, weather his or not,?

grandperents always like to see there grandchildren, he just might like looking after the little fellow,

and if he,s happy with that and the situation he,s in, who are other people to say different,

the OP seams to be reading a lot into this,,BUT, from his point of view not old Freds,

i would say let fred get on with things, and if it did go tits up,

Then be a good friend for him then,,

just my thoughts,

some seam to get hung up on how others spend there money,, maybe because they havnt got any!!!!!

• Like 2

has anyone just for one moment thought, this old guy just might looking after the little might, weather his or not,?

grandperents always like to see there grandchildren, he just might like looking after the little fellow,

and if he,s happy with that and the situation he,s in, who are other people to say different,

the OP seams to be reading a lot into this,,BUT, from his point of view not old Freds,

just my thoughts,

some seam to get hung up on how others spend there money,, maybe because they havnt got any!!!!!

Agree. The man shoul be given a medal of honour. Very caring and compassionate. Im sure the bargirl appreciates alll this fellow has done. A house-WOW!

Edited by nooption

just my thoughts,

Agree. The man shoul be given a medal of honour. Very caring and compassionate. Im sure the bargirl appreciates alll this fellow has done. A house-WOW!

Given the option of getting rid of Fred and still keeping the money coming in which way do you think the compassionate "angel" would take?

just my thoughts,

and you being another expert whould know,,,lol

Grr, will you ever get the message?

Fred was not alone. He had a family in Thailand, mutual caretaking.

You surely never had any pre- or extra-marital sexual experiences, that's why you know so much about angels.

In Thai families they show respect for the elderly, even if they are not so well off.

And now compare to Farang countries, please.

It's not yours to judge for prostitution. Bar girls work for their money, too.

Only the real &lt;deleted&gt; or the completely disabled (not to bash anyone) take money for nothing.

Are you crusaders or what?

Grr, will you ever get the message?

Fred was not alone. He had a family in Thailand, mutual caretaking.

You surely never had any pre- or extra-marital sexual experiences, that's why you know so much about angels.

In Thai families they show respect for the elderly, even if they are not so well off.

Respect is something you EARN - you don't just get it, it comes from your thoughts and deeds........

None.

But I'm not 70, I'm younger than that.

My gf is older than 25, but as she keeps herself in a good shape, and to many Farangs she looks like a teenie bopper. Probably because at her age most Farang women are already half way gone.

So, from a static point of view we are closer than you think.

Here's the dynamic point of view:

My lady and me, we had our ups and downs, some at different times, eventually even synchronically (both up or down at the same time)

We tried to go for exchange, and we shared. Mentally, physically, economically. People in my Farang country called it addiction, for us it was a long-distance relationship between two globetrotters. Yes, 2 of them, my gf also travelled a lot.

She brought me up when I was down, she actually saved my life (no joke) What more can you ask for?

Of course I shared my money with her, without her there would be none for me anymore.

After all these years we're (almost) in a balance, we both had our share, and she owes me nothing.

Economically, I understand Farang mentality: Shared wealth = divided wealth.

It doesn't really make them happy though, and that's why they come to Thailand.

There's an idea for the measurement of happiness beyond economics, it's called Social Indicators.

Eg. shared money maybe less money for each person. But isn't it much more fun to spend it together?

You cannot eat money anyway, it's only a promise on a banknote. You can eat food, and in Thailand food grows on trees or in fields.

You share your bed with your lady. Isn't it nicer than being on your own?

If you think you rather keep yourself to yourself, then why are you so urgently after Thai girls?

Pray tell.