Lifetime period Thai driving licences maybe revoked and replaced with period 5 year driving licenses

Beetlejuice

My son heard yesterday on the Channel 6 Thai news that all lifetime period Thai driving licences are going to be revoked, even the current ones and replaced with period 5 year driving licenses. A time has not been set but apparently this is on the way.

The reasons given is that the authorities have concerns that some drivers who have become elderly or have diminishing health issues since they first acquired their licenses have now become unfit to drive and are a risk to other road users. I expect more details will be given later on and as I said; this is only something my son heard on the TV news and my only source of this information so far.

• Like 1

Thais are the Worse drivers I have ever seen in my 40 years on the road bring it on and the test is a joke as well

You have obviously never travelled much then, try India, Nigeria or are few other places I could name, Thai drivers are not even in the same league
No I have not but if you are wight then they are a joke to but I am in thailand not those place so not care about those place just care were I am now and thais are a <deleted>?king joke

re

The reasons given is that the authorities have concerns that some drivers who have become elderly or have diminishing health issues since they first acquired their licenses have now become unfit to drive and are a risk to other road users

bugger :( ..... im doomed ... doomed !

now where did i leave my mobility scooter ?

dave2

post-42592-0-36252300-1416358455_thumb.j

• Like 1

Not even addressing the REAL problem at all which is crap training and followed up by virtually zero enforcement.........If I was traffic cop Id be minted here with the amount of rules broken.

Exactly, why even bother, when driving without a license is only 500 baht or half that for a Thai and you can keep on driving.

Best part of it, if you been caught, you can not be fined again on the same dayblink.png

Not just the elderly, infirm drivers are a risk, it's practically everyone on the road. Regular 'tests' will not make a blind bit of difference, need to change the culture first. Stop cutting them corners, drop the 'me first' mentality and, most importantly, have respect for other road users and pedestrians. Yeah right lol.

Thais are the Worse drivers I have ever seen in my 40 years on the road bring it on and the test is a joke as well

You have obviously never travelled much then, try India, Nigeria or are few other places I could name, Thai drivers are not even in the same league

Try Greek taxi drivers on the Islands.

They do not know what breaks are or where its locatedlaugh.png

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

You just don't get do you we are in thailand not on a Greek island if on Greek island ok but not on the island in thailand understand the drivers here are just sh?t

Nor do you. coffee1.giftongue.png

my wife has a lifetine licence, they are no longer available though. To think that they didnt even have to drive on a road to get it as well plus not having to answer any questions, no wonder they want to remove them and make these people re sit their licence.

There are people who have a lifetime DL.

But since (long?) they do not issued the lifetime DL anymore.

The idea is not so far from what is considered or done in European countries.

I am not sure whether Germany (e.g.) still issues lifetime DL.

Some very old people drive with licenses from pre WWII biggrin.png (still valid!).

Lots of people who have the lifetime licenses bought them and never did a test.

I'm all for it make it an even playing field.

Interesting. I am sure you have a source identifying how many have lifetime licenses without taking a test or are you just talking out of your a..?

Edited by bangsaenguy

Lots of people who have the lifetime licenses bought them and never did a test.

I'm all for it make it an even playing field.

Interesting. I am sure you have a source identifying how many have lifetime licenses without taking a test or are you just talking out of your a..?

My bf for one...

Lifetime licenses exist. At least two men from our family have one.

But I guess they have done the test.

My 1 and 5 year DL based on international DL in Khon Kaen: absolutely no test, not even reaction and eye test (as the known rules require for this case). Not usual probably, but sometimes it happens you slip through?

Edited by KhunBENQ