The 3.2 Dilemma. Ranger or BT-50?

Skyboogie

for me it would be a no brainer. - The Ford.

some good people at Mazda must have looked at the new model styling and they hearts would have sunk....

It is a classic example of ow just a minor bit of body styling can transform a vehicle.

The Mazda is SO ugly that anyone who has seen both vehicles can only come to the conclusion that anyone who buys the Mazda version has absolutely no appreciation of art, style and proportion whatsoever....a philistine no less.

• Like 2

Which dealer is the best for support? You need to consider that as they will be your servicing dealer....keep in mind if policy is the same as in the states any Ford dealer that did not sell the vehicle is under NO obligation to perform warranty service....seen it invoked many times....

Which dealer is the best for support? You need to consider that as they will be your servicing dealer....keep in mind if policy is the same as in the states any Ford dealer that did not sell the vehicle is under NO obligation to perform warranty service....seen it invoked many times....

I'm looking at Mazda Sukhumvit 65 and Ford Sukhumvit 62. I haven't been to either yet because I am out of the country.

The mazda is 999,000 and the ford is 1,109,000. Same engine, Same Transmission, both 4x4. Is the Ranger worth the extra 110,000?

Thats a lot of dosh difference for the "same" truck...........Wonder where the savings on the Maz were made, seems a bit odd.

Must confess I think the Maz looks 'orrible, bit girly..........sad.png

• Like 1

The mazda is 999,000 and the ford is 1,109,000. Same engine, Same Transmission, both 4x4. Is the Ranger worth the extra 110,000?

Thats a lot of dosh difference for the "same" truck...........Wonder where the savings on the Maz were made, seems a bit odd.

Must confess I think the Maz looks 'orrible, bit girly..........sad.png

I agree with you on the looks. The wife will drive it most of the time.

The 3.2 Wildtrak has 18" alloys, reverse camera, curtain airbags, a non-functional sports bar, roof rails, and the interior has that orange stitching.

Isn't the 3.2 Ranger going to be withdrawn from the Ford range?

I have a Mazda 2.2 and am very happy with it. Also because of the looks, I like girls:)

I heard that too. Maybe that will help it retain some value.

Buy the last one, it will become a collection piece :)

Isn't the 3.2 Ranger going to be withdrawn from the Ford range?

I have a Mazda 2.2 and am very happy with it. Also because of the looks, I like girls:)

I heard that too. Maybe that will help it retain some value.

Buy the last one, it will become a collection piece smile.png

I'll keep it in the original box.

Not even remotely close to being worth the extra - so long as you like the BT50's exterior....

For perspective, compare the 3.2L BT-50 R to the R-AT - for just 40K baht more you get an upgrade to AT from MT, leather seats, cruise control, steering wheel audio controls, and a reversing sensor.. Makes the extra 110K for the Ranger look silly.

Edited by IMHO

I think with a few mods the BT looks pretty decent. This is from another forum and the Australian GT model - don't think I'm allowed to post a link but do and image search for BT50 GT on google and it'll come up.

IMG_1291.jpg

Looks pretty decent IMHO. Even if its smiling...

Edited by Pomthai

Not even remotely close to being worth the extra - so long as you like the BT50's exterior....

The exterior doesn't bother me too much. It is kind of refreshing in a way. The other pickups all look very similar.

The exterior doesn't bother me too much. It is kind of refreshing in a way. The other pickups all look very similar.

Oh well, your decision is made :P

And even if the exterior doesn't fully light your fire, the BT50 definitely has a nicer interior, which is what you'll look at the most :)

• Like 1

I think with a few mods the BT looks pretty decent. This is from another forum and the Australian GT model - don't think I'm allowed to post a link but do and image search for BT50 GT on google and it'll come up.

IMG_1291.jpg

Looks pretty decent IMHO. Even if its smiling...

If you want a slightly different looking version and don't need 4x4 or the 3.2L, there's the Eclipse version (Mazda's take on the Wildtrak):

Bt50 for me, wouldn't want ace calling me silly names all the time. Plus 100k is also a nice incentive for a better equipped, slightly faster version of the same truck.

How is the BT-50 "slightly faster" than the Ranger ?

Faster or quicker........?

Hope they ain't skimped on the chassis to make it lighter.....laugh.png

I think the difference is in the ECU mapping. The BT is allegedly slightly quicker off the line. The 5 cyclinder engines sound pretty sweet when you put the boot in too.

I think you'll find it's because the BT-50 is measurably lighter.