What is this air born dust? Gray and very powdery?

KhnomKhnom

My house in middle of Nakhon Pathom gets this fine, powdery, gray dust all over everything. Where is it coming from? It cant be healthy?

There are no factories near and Google Earth shows lots of green foliage for km in all directions from my location. This dust penetrates even interior rooms where the door and windows are closed for weeks and no air cond is run in there and yet this dust gets in.

It seems to be a "settling dust" that does not infiltrate into stuff but just covers the horizontal surfaces. It is invisible in the air. I have no smokers in the house and our kitchen is closed off from the house, and uses gas for cooking, not charcoal. I have few close houses near. It seems the volume of the dust would indicate more than one cooker nearby or more.

My interior walls are all covered with wall paper, including the ceilings, and the floor is parquet wood or stone tiles so I think the dust is not that material slowly disintegrating. I do not have whole-house cooling, just small fans and no huge ventilation fan pulling in air. The family closes up windows and doors at night for various reasons known to Thai.

I hope someone has an idea. I wish I could get it tested to see what it is. Any solid ideas are welcome.wai.gif

• Like 1

Probably all the major road construction/fly-overs they are constructing on Phetkasen Road (#4) that goes through/by muang Nakhon Pathom (you know, around the Lotus, Big C, and private hospital areas), "and" all the dirt trucks constantly carrying dirt from Nakhon Pathom dirt quarries to constructions sites in Bangkok which has been going on for many years...at some point in the future I expect all of Nakhon Pathom to be relocated to Bangkok. The wife and I go to Nakhon Pathom weekly to visit the mother in law....I go with a clean car and come back with a dusty car and I'm on paved roads all the way. Yeap, I think Nakhon Pathom is the dirt truck capital of the world.

Sell the hoover, they tend to attract dust............. whistling.gif

sell my Hoover washing machine? never!

As it is, I used my Electrolux to vacuum clean the insect screens, and they sure catch a lot of dirt. Probably 2%. The rest just settles on the floors, benches, cupboards.

I'm talking about the fresh, clean mountain air of Chiang Mai. Heaven help BKK!

Sell the hoover, they tend to attract dust............. whistling.gif

sell my Hoover washing machine? never!

As it is, I used my Electrolux to vacuum clean the insect screens, and they sure catch a lot of dirt. Probably 2%. The rest just settles on the floors, benches, cupboards.

I'm talking about the fresh, clean mountain air of Chiang Mai. Heaven help BKK!

You mean that choking, eye burning air you get sometimes in Chiang Mai from farmers in and outside Thailand illegally burning-off of the jungle. Wasn't it just last year that was making big news.

Are you any where near a cement manufacturing plant or a concrete manufacturing plant? This happened for many years in a New South Wales, Australia, town of Portland. A cement manufacturing plant ensured the town was covered all year in a similar type dust.

Hope it is not caused by USA initiated "Chem Trails," which are now prevalent in other countries, such as Australia. I did not believe it until they were pointed out to me by a former Govt. operative one evening in Darwin (Northern Australia) in the twilight sky at very high altitude. He said some of it is being done to replentish our depleted ionisphere, but there are also other more sinister reasons (anti society) as well.........

• Like 1

Wow...I had to lookup "Chem Trails" in Wikipedia to see what it was...see this link. Based on the Wiki article it's definitely the USA causing the problem because they are the only ones flying airplanes in the world. Is this govt operative also an expert in Ancient Astronauts (i.e., aliens who visited Earth in the past)?

Probably all the major road construction/fly-overs they are constructing on Phetkasen Road (#4) that goes through/by muang Nakhon Pathom (you know, around the Lotus, Big C, and private hospital areas), "and" all the dirt trucks constantly carrying dirt from Nakhon Pathom dirt quarries to constructions sites in Bangkok which has been going on for many years...at some point in the future I expect all of Nakhon Pathom to be relocated to Bangkok. The wife and I go to Nakhon Pathom weekly to visit the mother in law....I go with a clean car and come back with a dusty car and I'm on paved roads all the way. Yeap, I think Nakhon Pathom is the dirt truck capital of the world.

I did not know of the dirt trucks, which sounds the most plausible of the stuff posted. However, tell me if the NP dirt is GRAY. It would seem it would be brown?

Around where I live, in the sticks, it's the beginning of "black lung" season. Because of the drought the sugar cane mills are opening late this year, 1 December, but once they are open the burning starts every night and won't stop until almost Songkran. Everything turns black, even your laundry if you leave it out at night, but I have no complaints as I chose to live where I live and even grow sugar and contribute to the problem. Some people will do anything for $, and the burning won't stop until the mills adjust the pricing for machine harvested cane which is done without the burning as most of it is still harvested by hand..

I did not know of the dirt trucks, which sounds the most plausible of the stuff posted. However, tell me if the NP dirt is GRAY. It would seem it would be brown?

It's all kinds of dark type colors, especially when includes the sands being carried. "Lots" of construction, concrete making/laying/pouring occuring on the west side of Bangkok (west side of Chao Phrayo River) and eastern side of Nakhon Pathom province...this creates all types and colors of dust like concrete grey dust. Plus, this rainy season in my part of western Bangkok and according to the mother in law who lives just out side of muang Nakhon Pathom has been below normal (i.e., drier) which has caused more dust. But Nakhorn Pathom City has always been a fairly dusty city from my many years of being associated with it due to in-laws which live there...and the outgoing major road construction has amplied that problem....and like I mentioned earlier all the dirt trucks should transport the entire Nakhon Pathom province to Bangkok within 10 years...then Nakhon Pathom province will be renamed Nakhon Pathom Lake and one province stricken off the Thailand books.

Edited by Pib

Sounds like you are too close to a crematorium.

Eeeeeeyuch.

On the positive side the begonias in the balcony are very lush year round.

Hope it is not caused by USA initiated "Chem Trails," which are now prevalent in other countries, such as Australia. I did not believe it until they were pointed out to me by a former Govt. operative one evening in Darwin (Northern Australia) in the twilight sky at very high altitude. He said some of it is being done to replentish our depleted ionisphere, but there are also other more sinister reasons (anti society) as well.........

First of facepalm.gif

Secondly facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

"Chemtrails" are water condensation from the hot exhaust gasses from airplane engines precipitating moisture out from the air, the same thing that happens when you breath out in cold weather, it's been going on since airplanes started flying at high altitudes.

Here, 1944 contrails behind B-17s, although I wouldn't put it back to the "chemtrail" nutters to claim they were spraying something over Germany, because of course it makes a lot of sense to deliberately trail a proverbial arrow pointing at their asses so that the Germans could flak them to kingdom come. Did I say facepalm.gif ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOrez6q7WM

In other words, please do humanity a favour and stop spreading BS, pretty please.

• Like 1

Eeeeeeyuch.

First of facepalm.gif

"Chemtrails" are water condensation from the hot exhaust gasses from airplane engines precipitating moisture out from the air, the same thing that happens when you breath out in cold weather, it's been going on since airplanes started flying at high altitudes.

Here, 1944 contrails behind B-17s, although I wouldn't put it back to the "chemtrail" nutters to claim they were spraying something over Germany, because of course it makes a lot of sense to deliberately trail a proverbial arrow pointing at their asses so that the Germans could flak them to kingdom come. Did I say facepalm.gif ?

In other words, please do humanity a favour and stop spreading BS, pretty please.

chemtrails are a fact, no one in the US disputes it anymore,

it is Barium, Strontium and Alumina, screening the atmosphere in an attemt to shield the vegetation of the planet from increased solar radiation

it is hard to see coming down usually

my guess is,

Indonesian volcano dust

Eeeeeeyuch.

First of facepalm.gif

Not to mention the hot exhaust gases emanating from TV conspiracy theorists on this forum.

It is concrete and cement dust from the construction work on Phetkasem Rd. As mentioned before.

If you live in Nakhon Pathom, you should have seen this. Its is the main artery going through NP.