Help Me To Understand How You See Thailand

pgrahmm

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP:

As we all know, in daily life anyone who is consistently negative is typically shunned.

It shouldn't come as any surprise, then, that someone with a predisposition to complaining might find an anonymous internet forum to be very appealing, indeed. They can vent their spleen without suffering any social repercussions in their day to day life. However, I think some could stand to be gently reminded that no one likes a sourpuss and that that kind of negativity isn't any more welcome here than it is in day-to-day real life.

I have also noticed that there are cultural differences in terms of how free people feel to criticize and denigrate the local culture. In some cultures it is considered culturally insensitive or politically incorrect to do this while in other cultures it almost seems like doing this is practically considered a birth right or national pastime.

For the record, nearly 12 years in, I still consider moving here to be the best decision of my life. I am convinced that my Thai family and country-livin' lifestyle here has provided me with a greater degree of self-fulfillment and happiness than I would likely have ever experienced back home.

I offer only encouragement to everyone who has chosen to live here.

There is so much more than specifics that go into it. I can not put it into a list. But I feel like I am home here and don't have to make it into a contest of who has the best what ever. When ever we go some place I always have that good feeling that I am coming home on the way back to Chiang Mai. Maybe the future will bring me some thing different. I have no idea and am not looking for one.

I often wonder as a person not living in Thailand why the twenty or so same posters boast about their great life in LOS on TV forum from dusk till dawn on a daily basis.

Don't you people have nothing else to do or are you guys getting paid by the TAT or something?

We don't have to wash the dishes, hoover the carpet, cook food, go shopping or mow the lawn. TV fills in the spaces between drinking and sex.

I got a dishwasher after my divorce does a good job en doesn't nag like my ex Thai wife,life is good.....and concerning cooking since no more Thai food is being prepaired in my kitchen my house doesn't smell like somebody threw a teargas canister in my house on a daily basis :-)
  • Like 1

TV NEGS

They come out of the cracks in the dead of night,

frowning and grumpy to give you a fright,

All covered in warts, they torture and tease

making the members feel really at ease

A positive comment is something they hate

negativity is surely their trait

What can we do to make them feel meek?

I think we can leave that to ... Costas the Greek!!

(I'll close the door on my way out) whistling.gif

And turn the light out.