booking air asia

stevehaigh

i'm trying to book an air asia flight from vietnam to here. if booking on line, i have to pay credit card and they charge a lot, 500 per passenger i think, which i think is a bit of a rippoff.

if i go to the air asia desk in the airport, can i pay cash with no fee for a flight originating outside thailand?

thx

Maybe some information here:

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/book-with-us/payment-channels.page

I used Air Asia a couple of months ago for a return flight HKT/BKK. Made payment at a nearby 7/11, couldn't have been easier.

can do for flights originating here but when i tried to book flight from Hanoi, it only gave me options of pay with credit card or ATM in vietnam.

check if you are logged in on the thai airasia site ... are you a member of big shot on air asia ?

yes and yes. i just tried again to book and its $18 per passenger to use a credit card! the only online banking offer they have is via vietnam banks or ATMs

i guess i need to take a trip to the airport, see if i can buy in person in cash for cheaper

check if you are logged in on the thai airasia site ... are you a member of big shot on air asia ?

yes and yes. i just tried again to book and its $18 per passenger to use a credit card! the only online banking offer they have is via vietnam banks or ATMs

i guess i need to take a trip to the airport, see if i can buy in person in cash for cheaper

"i just tried again to book and its $18 per passenger to use a credit card!" - just wondering how you are getting "$18 per passenger?"

I have just run a flight scenario through their website, for a flight departing Hanoi - this is what appears in the payment screen.

"Processing Fee: 6 USD"

"This fee is chargeable per guest for each way when payment is made ONLINE through credit card, debit card or charge card only."

• Like 1

"i just tried again to book and its $18 per passenger to use a credit card!" - just wondering how you are getting "$18 per passenger?"

I have just run a flight scenario through their website, for a flight departing Hanoi - this is what appears in the payment screen.

"Processing Fee: 6 USD"

"This fee is chargeable per guest for each way when payment is made ONLINE through credit card, debit card or charge card only."

really, i'm booking in April 23rd, maybe that makes a difference. it definitely says $18 per passenger on the final checkout screen

I just ran a flight scenario through AA's website for Thursday the 23rd April - Hanoi to Bangkok - 9am Promo flight for $45.

At the payment stage, it still says: "Processing Fee $6 USD" for me.

I suggest you clear your browser's history of everything, then close the browser, then open it again, and run the flight booking again.

Let me know the result.

Edited by NamKangMan

i'm trying to book an air asia flight from vietnam to here. if booking on line, i have to pay credit card and they charge a lot, 500 per passenger i think, which i think is a bit of a rippoff.

This is my experience of Thailand AirAsia. If I book online domestic Thai flights in the UK then the credit card charge is £8 per passenger. For me and my wife that is a staggering £16 and invariably more than the price of a flight.

The only way to negate this is to pay through my Bangkok Bank account and the charge for us both is a mere 40 baht.

As you are in Vietnam and the website is not giving you the option of paying through a Thai bank account then you are probably better off going to the airport or an agent and paying by cash. I doubt you'll get much joy by settling by credit card at the airport or an agent either, but I could be wrong.

Edited by wooloomooloo

This is my experience of Thailand AirAsia. If I book online domestic Thai flights in the UK then the credit card charge is £8 per passenger. For me and my wife that is a staggering £16 and invariably more than the price of a flight.

The only way to negate this is to pay through my Bangkok Bank account and the charge for us both is a mere 40 baht.

As you are in Vietnam and the website is not giving you the option of paying through a Thai bank account then you are probably better off going to the airport or an agent and paying by cash. I doubt you'll get much joy by settling by credit card at the airport or an agent either, but I could be wrong.

"If I book online domestic Thai flights in the UK then the credit card charge is £8 per passenger." - I have just tried to book the OP's flight, but through a VPN with a London based server. (this gives the AA website the appearance I am in the UK at the time of booking)

Same thing: "Processing Fee $6 USD."

I have no idea what's going on, but can only comment on the processing fee that is quoted to me, when I run various flight scenarios through their website.

i'm obviously not explaining well. i'm in phuket and trying to book a flight from Hanoi to Bangkok on April 23rd

the ONLY payment options the airaisa.com website gives me is pay at a vietnamese bank, ATM or creadit card and the CC charge is $18 per passenger. no option for SCB, 7/11 etc. i know you can do that for flights starting in Thailand but appentently not this flight. i wish i could get the $6 fee, that's not too bad. i'll try again tomorrow.

maybe i'll try their call center, see it i can get help there, i doubt it

but what about the airport? anyone know if i book at the counter, do they crage extra fees?

As far as I remember the processing fee is 200 baht for a credit card, and that is for the entire transaction no matter how many pax/flights.

Must admit these days I use the direct bank transfer option which attracts no charge.

last time i booked a flight with air asia i used my SCB atm card

NO EXTRA CHARGE :-)

i just booked at the airasia office on the 2nd floor at the big tesco, 5028 baht for 3 tickets all in, so that's a great deal, better than the online price i think and no booking fees. plus, quick and easy too, just gave the girl the passports, waited 5 mns and all done and dusted. definitely the easy and cheap option.

Each to their own SH.

I book online from the comfort of my lounge chair, in the air conditioning. :)

I have no idea what's going on, but it's only ever the $6 USD fee when I visa run to Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam.

i just booked at the airasia office on the 2nd floor at the big tesco, 5028 baht for 3 tickets all in, so that's a great deal, better than the online price i think and no booking fees. plus, quick and easy too, just gave the girl the passports, waited 5 mns and all done and dusted. definitely the easy and cheap option.

Each to their own SH.

I book online from the comfort of my lounge chair, in the air conditioning. smile.png

I have no idea what's going on, but it's only ever the $6 USD fee when I visa run to Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam.

exactly, visa run TO HCMC. try booking a one way from HCMC and tell me if its still $6. maybe it is, but anyhow, free is still better than $18 or even $6 each.

Each to their own SH.

I book online from the comfort of my lounge chair, in the air conditioning. smile.png

exactly, visa run TO HCMC. try booking a one way from HCMC and tell me if its still $6. maybe it is, but anyhow, free is still better than $18 or even $6 each.

"exactly, visa run TO HCMC" - i entered YOUR exact flight, from Hanoi to Bangkok. I entered the data with a Thai IP address, and a UK IP address. Always, the processing fee was $6 USD for me.

What's "visa run" go to do with it? Do you think AirAsia have a special discount processing fee for "visa runners?" :)

I entered in HCMC to Bangkok. Always the processing fee was $6 USD. I have flown this route many times. Like you, I would also quetion an $18 processing fee, just never seen it. It's always been $6 USD.

Anyway, you are happy, that's the main thing.

Did you clear you internet browser, as I suggested?