Pattaya Baht Bus Pickpocket Gang Members arrested in Central Pattaya

webfact

Pattaya Baht Bus Pickpocket Gang Members arrested in Central Pattaya

japan-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, the Pattaya Police Chief announced the arrest of 2 members of a Pickpocket Gang who target foreign nationals riding on Baht Buses.

Police Colonel Supatee confirmed the arrest of Khun Arkom aged 24 and Khun Usar aged 33 but informed the gathered media that three other members of the gang were able to escape before Police arrived.

Two Japanese Tourists, Mr. Masimoto aged 51 and Mr. Sito were on a Baht Bus travelling from the Dolphin Roundabout towards Central Pattaya when the alleged pickpocketing took place. A bag containing 4,600 Baht was taken from Mr. Masimoto and a bag thought to contain in excess of 20,000 Baht was taken from Mr. Sito.

The smaller amount of money was recovered from the two suspects but the larger amount was taken by the three other gang members who were able to escape. Police do have full details of the three outstanding members of the gang and arrest warrants have been issued for them.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/156332/pattaya-baht-bus-pickpocket-gang-members-arrested-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-27

20.000 in a bag but riding on a Bath bus? Another big spender quality tourist lost as a repeater.

Rubbish! What has Bt 20,000 have to do with it. Engage brain before using mouth.

Lupatria, limousine and bodyguards?? It was 20 not 2mil.

One of these gangs did my son in law on his first visit to Thailand. He was with his wife and two kids on a baht bus and lost his wallet to them. Ruined their holiday and they have never considered coming here again. Just shows you where the 'clean up' is needed by TAT if they are going to solve the problem of real tourists.

Had them try and pick pocket me a few years ago on a Pattaya baht bus. The woman sat next to

me, and her partner sat next to her. I could feel my wallet being grabbed, and quickly whipped

my hand around to stop it. She instantly let go of the wallet, and it fell on the seat between us

where I grabbed it up. When I started yelling at her about getting the police, she kept saying

no and pointing to her fellow thief who was sitting next to her. The fellow thief then started

denying everything and pointing to the person who was sitting next to me. At that moment

I realized they had set it up so even when caught they more or less had a way out as I could

not say for 100 % which woman had done the actual pick pocketing. I suspect this scam

has been going on for a long long time.....

• Like 1

The one that puts his or her hand in my pocket loses it. Last time I broke an arm was on Ratchadaphisek Road on April 3rd, 2013 when a guy tried to pickpocket my wallet. Also smashed his face up a bit.... KO for 20 minutes, picked up by an ambulance, no police involved. Maybe he learned a lesson... His buddy ran off.....

A troll post has been removed.

If you have a problem with a news story or the way it is presented please take it up with the source do not post your discontent on here as it is off topic.

If the police are serious they will be arrested and this will be brought to trial. If the prosecutors are serious, they will agree to not be bought off. And if they can find a serious judge, this may go to trial. If the judge has enough courage, morality, sense of ethics, concern for the tourism industry, and respect, these insects will be sentence to many years in prison, as that would set an example for lazy turds who do not want to work for a living, and prey on tourists for cash. If not, things will continue to unravel in contemporary Thai society. A society without meaningful law and order is not much of a society at all.

If you want to carry 20k in cash around with you , why dont they just keep the money close to their body in a safe place where its almost impossible to get pick pocketed ? Instead they just put it in a bag for everyone to steal it.

20.000 in a bag but riding on a Bath bus? Another big spender quality tourist lost as a repeater.

Rubbish! What has Bt 20,000 have to do with it. Engage brain before using mouth.

Because, what nitwit walks around with 20k in his/her pocket while traveling in a foreign country? ATM cards work world wide, no need to carry excess amounts of cash.