Thai Post unamused by your 'box-in-box-in-box-in-box-in-box' gag

webfact

Thai Post unamused by your 'box-in-box-in-box-in-box-in-box' gag
By Coconuts Bangkok

boxinbox-gag.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand Post responded to a delightful parody of their “box-in-box” packing tip this morning with a complete lack of humor and threats of legal action.

After seriously suggesting consumers pack their Thai Post parcels inside another Thai Post parcel last week, it didn’t long for someone to take it one step (or box) further by suggesting reliable shipping requires at least six boxes and a wooden crate.

Despite having earned its reputation for damaging, throwing, folding, and totally losing parcels, Thai Post didn’t see the funny.

"This illustration spread in social media has caused a misunderstanding!” Thailand Post posted to its Facebook account under a picture comparing the original (green checkmark) with the parody (big red ‘X’). "We'd like to inform you only the first three steps are from us." [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/27/thai-post-unamused-your-box-box-box-box-box-gag

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-27

• Like 1

I recall coming home 10 years ago and, despite having a nice big letterbox attached to my gate, finding the package containing my new passport lying amongst the pot plants just inside the entrance. Fortunately it hadn't rained. Viz's Postman Plod came to mind...

• Like 1

4 parcels containing Christmas presents and 4 parcels containing birthday presents were sent from my family in the UK to our 6 year old late last year/early this year. The end result:

1 x parcel arrived

1 x parcel returned to sender in the UK (for no apparent reason)

6 x parcels disappeared

4 parcels containing Christmas presents and 4 parcels containing birthday presents were sent from my family in the UK to our 6 year old late last year/early this year. The end result:

1 x parcel arrived

6 x parcels disappeared

Did the 6 ever get to Thailand, don't know do you ?

The only thing I have ever had lost was a packet of photos sent from Singapore and they disappeared before they got to TL.

Everything else no problems, even a motorbike sent from Hua hin to Singburi.

• Like 2

1 x parcel arrived

6 x parcels disappeared

The only thing I have ever had lost was a packet of photos sent from Singapore and they disappeared before they got to TL.

Correct. I don't know if the 6 made it to Thailand - they were not sent with any kind of track and trace service. I only know that the one returned to sender did make it here... briefly.

"Steps 4 to 8 were made by an individual with bad intentions who attacks us and aims to damage the organization’s reputation!" it read. "The act is considered a computer crime as Thailand Post hereby requests you to cease unlawful acts. We will prosecute those who violate the law."

R they serious ?

Sent a small package containing a wallet with $40 american to a friends father in Putthai Song several years ago, wallet arrived less the $40! Package was resealed like it was never opened! There are professionals out there!!

Postal theft is not confined to LOS.

When I was a lad I worked at the fixed penalty office for parking fines in London. The fixed penalty in those days was £12.

The absolute majority of people that settled the fine by post was in cash and the majority, again, was settled as a ten pound note and two pound coins. The majority of two pound coins were missing with the obligatory hole at the bottom right hand corner of the envelope.

Some workers at the local sorting office [ahem, Marylebone] were making a killing.

All I know is that they know how to charge, last parcel sent to Perth OZ cost more than the present and it never arrived, I am not blaming Thai Post as Oz post has its moments also , generally by expats of other nations who have difficulty in differentiating between Street and Place or numbers 286 & 288 coffee1.gif

For me Thai post always been good. Bought loads of stuff on ebay it always arrived. I usually gift the postman an JW black label at the end of the year.

Ill keep doing that as long as it goes well.

I think location has a lot to do with it.

Just started a BKK internet account. Everythings gone through. E-mail informed me that my pin-number has been sent by post and will arrive within 5 days. That was two weeks ago. Sometimes if I am expecting mail and it's late, I go to Post Office at Baan Amphur. It is often found sitting on a shelf 'awaiting delivery.'

Why is it that every incompetent company / public figure ALWAYS runs and hides behind either defamation laws or the computer crime act?

I guess it's sort of like why Thai males attack in groups and usually only fight when they have weapons.

Never mind, I answered my own question.

• Like 2

1 x parcel arrived

6 x parcels disappeared

Correct. I don't know if the 6 made it to Thailand - they were not sent with any kind of track and trace service. I only know that the one returned to sender did make it here... briefly.

So you don't even know if there were mistakes in the address.

Golden rule if you sent something abroad to any country in the world is to use some track and trace service, which isn't that great of a cost, or don't point fingers at someone if something get lost because you don't know who's at fault.

Just started a BKK internet account. Everythings gone through. E-mail informed me that my pin-number has been sent by post and will arrive within 5 days. That was two weeks ago. Sometimes if I am expecting mail and it's late, I go to Post Office at Baan Amphur. It is often found sitting on a shelf 'awaiting delivery.'

I was patient, waited 3 weeks before I went to the branch to complain - they walked out to the back of the office and came back with the PIN envelope. It had been sitting there for 2 weeks wai2.gif

• Like 1

1 x parcel arrived

6 x parcels disappeared

So you don't even know if there were mistakes in the address.

Golden rule if you sent something abroad to any country in the world is to use some track and trace service, which isn't that great of a cost, or don't point fingers at someone if something get lost because you don't know who's at fault.

I went to the extent of sending my Thai address in Thai as a PDF file, so that the sender can print it out and stick it on the article just to help out the Thai postie.

I was patient, waited 3 weeks before I went to the branch to complain - they walked out to the back of the office and came back with the PIN envelope. It had been sitting there for 2 weeks wai2.gif

Mine was sent from Germany at the beginning of November, i'm still waiting.