Can anyone suggest a 'personal tuk tuk driver' who i can use often for longer trips?

koochie

happy friday!

Can anyone suggest a 'personal tuk tuk driver' who i can use often for longer trips outside of CM?

i dont drive and would like to develop a relationship with a driver who will hopefully charge fair rates for 20-40 minute trips.

thanks

kk

No tuk tuk driver will take you outside of the city.

Where'd you get that idea? I've used tuk tuks for years to go to Wiang Kum Kam, Wiang Tha Garn, Baan Tawai, temples 15+ miles south, Mae Rim, Mae Jo, etc., etc.

Unfortunately, my trusty tuk tuk driver of 10 years+ got rid of his tuk tuk and got a car. So can't give you his name. I'd suggest just asking a few and ultimately settling on one you like and who's reasonable with the fares. Most of them are more than happy to give you their card so you can call them when you need them. I would recommend, however, that you generally stay away from the tuk tuk groups that have locked in the spaces at the usual haunts (the malls, Tesco on Nimmanhaemin, the gates, etc.) as they generally aren't very reasonable with their fares.

thanks for your comments! i just found one who will take me today for a trip that is 25 minutes south of CM, wait for an hour and then bring me back for 350 baht which i am fine with. he is a friend of the woman i get my morning coffee from. have a good one!

• Like 1

I would say start talking to Tuk Tuk drivers in your area and go from there.You know you will have to pay him for the hour that he

Is waiting for you.I'm sure if you give him A good deal he will take care of you every day.But you need to make it worth his while.

It's like almost having A private limousine working for Ya.But in this case it's A tuk tuk.

No tuk tuk driver will take you outside of the city.

I beg to differ... I once had one take me from the Night Markets to what was then the CNX REGENT...out by the Elephant Camp. No problem and the Fare was quite fair.

Meanwhile there is a very good and honest driver, I think Khun Sumkiat (or similar...he is an Older Grey Haired guy, slim build) who most days used to park near the corner of Thapai Road and the Thapai Hotel. (years ago, I needed to visit someone at the McCormick Hospital, I was staying at the Thaipai Hotel and had my own car but had no idea how to get to the hospital. This driver offered to show me the way, which he did...I followed and he REFUSED payment. Nice gesture! I saw him parked at his usual spot not more than a few weeks ago, so presume he is still working.

I'll go through some old business cards, if I can find his, I'll send you a message.