tiger boxer bike

jacksam

I've only ever heard of one owner who was enthusiastic about his Boxer....all the rest were at best ambivalent and most bordered on hating the bike.

Multitude of problems popped up and then, when there were even more dealerships than there are now, it required the Factory sending out parts or even mechanics from Samut Prakarn to resolve issues. The bikes are quite gutless; a CBR 150 carb'd model can easily perform to the same or better level. I was rooting for them back in the day, even considered getting one of those Sachs Madass but the constant issues reported here and on the Tigersachs forum scared me off.

I had a Tiger Boxer 250RS. It was a really nice looking bike. Perfekt for me style wise. But sadly only problems from day one. I cannot recommend a Tiger motorcycle. I guess even a Platinum is better nowadays. There were some happy owners of the Boxer 250 long time ago. But if you look in detail even most of them had some problems.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I can do a lot better than a boxer. Its pretty important for stuff to be able to be fixed easily. I imagine those Thai blokes doing repairs on Hondas must be able to do it with their eyes shut. Also no shortage of parts. Thanks

• Like 1