Just got kicked out of thai with valid visa

What if the ED visa is for doing a degree in an International program? They are not doing Thai classes so may not have the necessary Thai skills.

The international program's are normally with Universities. Maybe, Immigration are also looking at certain schools?

and no-one has done more to push the "all in visa package" then our friend Mac lol

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He says studing Thai for 6months but has a car to sale I have to wonder what popped up on that computer when his name was run thru the scanner. I suspect he has been here longer than a few months.

I though he said he was married and living here for 8 years but now divorced and needed a long term visa.

I would think people living here for multiple years under other visas and suddenly asking for a Ed visa to study Thai language would be suspected and probably not valid.

Possibly after living here for 5 years someone might want to improve their Thai, but if legitimate interest, why wait so long?

• Like 1

They said i will be refused in other countries because of my thailand refusal stamp. They dont want to let me fly anywhere else than france.

Exactly how will they stop you from going to a Qantas or NZ Air counter and buying a ticket? Can you use your smartphone or get to one of those computer terminals on that upper level and buy a reservation to wherever you want to go?

Possibly after living here for 5 years someone might want to improve their Thai, but if legitimate interest, why wait so long?

Maybe there is no school to go near home, I don't have. If I ever move to Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc. first thing I will do is sign in to learn thai. Not sure I will do that on ED visa but sure I go to school.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you have done something wrong Immigration always force you to fly back to your home Country and they will only let you fly with one of their "approved" airlines. Air India is their favorite. Hope you like rats and curry.

He didn't do anything wrong though, he was just denied entrance.

This is very different to having being convicted of a crime (doing something wrong) and subsequently deported.

I seem to remember the case of a certain Russian lady being denied entry in Phuket a few months ago, after being denied entry she flew out of Thailand to Malaysia. They didn't force her to go back to Russia.

So either something has changed or they are lying.

I don't think they can stop anyone who is free to travel, go anywhere , the important thing for Thai immigration you have left the country, where you go is not their business. Contact your designated embassy

IO's do not need to know their own rules, they just make up whatever rule they want at the time, they love the power, and sometimes we just have to hope that the individual IO, is not in a bad mood, it's the same with other government offices, and what about the banks? they all make up their own rules.

I'm sorry if this sounds like Thai bashing, but I have been reading Thaivisa for years now, and see the same things involving IO's etc cropping up all the time, and if it's going to make me unpopular with some TV members, then that's just too bad, I just call things as I see them, and will respect those who do not agree with me.

They don't make up their own rules however every Country reserves the right to allow entry.

A valid visa is not automatic right of entry. Even if they don't like your aftershave they can refuse you entry.

• Like 2

Johnny BKK post # 88.

I was here for 8 years on marriage visa but got divorced so i applied for student visa. I dont attend classes as i already speak thai good enough and that was fine until recently. They said they believed that i was working here. I dont work really in thailand i have income from a business in HK. My Ed visa was 7 or 8 month old. Im on the airplane now leaving for Paris.

Well there is the proof that the deportee was abusing the system and has been caught and now paying the price.

Here for eight years and still couldn't or wouldn't get a proper visa., many options out there to take the right road.

No, he had legitimate extensions based on marriage for the eight years he was married. Then he signed up with our buddy, Walen, and got an ED visa, but did not attend classes because he spoke Thai.

What is really happening here is they suspect he is working.

To me that is all irrelevant, though. What bothers me is they would not let him leave to anywhere they did not approve.

• Like 1

I was here for 8 years on marriage visa but got divorced so i applied for student visa. I dont attend classes as i already speak thai good enough and that was fine until recently. They said they believed that i was working here. I dont work really in thailand i have income from a business in HK. My Ed visa was 7 or 8 month old. Im on the airplane now leaving for Paris.

fine with who? your school?

Its even more amazing that after 8 years here he cannot read or write thai... suspicions aroused at the border? .. for sure ! Why bother with an ED visa and not attend class... makes no sense.

He wasn't attending class because he was working like so many others.

Well look at it this way...he was married for 8 years.... then gets divorced ...and now does an ED visa/course? .. that looks strange and the wrong way round.. why after 8 years here would you go to school ? No wonder he was refused entry.

Surprised there were no kids after eight years of marriage. Most Thai girls come with at least one. Possibly could have got a family support visa.

No, he had legitimate extensions based on marriage for the eight years he was married. Then he signed up with our buddy, Walen, and got an ED visa, but did not attend classes because he spoke Thai.

What is really happening here is they suspect he is working.

To me that is all irrelevant, though. What bothers me is they would not let him leave to anywhere they did not approve.

If it was a simple case of being refused entry like not having enough funds he could have gone anywhere.

When you are suspected of a crime e.g. visa fraud you are deported at your own expense to your Country of residence.

IO's do not need to know their own rules, they just make up whatever rule they want at the time, they love the power, and sometimes we just have to hope that the individual IO, is not in a bad mood, it's the same with other government offices, and what about the banks? they all make up their own rules.

I'm sorry if this sounds like Thai bashing, but I have been reading Thaivisa for years now, and see the same things involving IO's etc cropping up all the time, and if it's going to make me unpopular with some TV members, then that's just too bad, I just call things as I see them, and will respect those who do not agree with me.

They don't make up their own rules however every Country reserves the right to allow entry.

A valid visa is not automatic right of entry. Even if they don't like your aftershave they can refuse you entry.

Are you saying that all the IO's all over Thailand go by the same rules? I can see a lot of TV members having a good laugh at this.

• Like 2

Are you saying that all the IO's all over Thailand go by the same rules? I can see a lot of TV members having a good laugh at this.

Every Country's immigration policy has the same rule. If they don't like you, you're not coming in. Visa or no visa.

Very interesting thread. Makes me wonder which group of expats will be next to face stringent crackdowns. Retirement maybe? All those alcoholic wrecks living on pensions in Pattaya and elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the financial requirements are raised significantly in the near future.

fear mongering much? :D

• Like 1

I expect more of this type of thing.

I wonder if there's a new crackdown being launched ?

Did they let you in on a 30 day visa exemption, a 7 day 'refusal entrance' or refuse entrance completely at the airport and make you leave on the next flight available ?

Edit : From what I've heard if you're refused entrance you can buy a ticket to fly anywhere you want, you don't have to go back to whichever country you come from.

If he's French I'd imagine he'd have an eec passport thus enabling him to fly to a variety of countries... Unless he has dirtied his copybook recently.

Why doesn't he ring eg the British embassy

They could tell him straight up if he is persona non grata on the UK.

I think there's more to this story than meets the eye

• Like 1

Every Country's immigration policy has the same rule. If they don't like you, you're not coming in. Visa or no visa.

I see your point, but we are talking about 'rules' here, not just one rule.

Very interesting thread. Makes me wonder which group of expats will be next to face stringent crackdowns. Retirement maybe? All those alcoholic wrecks living on pensions in Pattaya and elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the financial requirements are raised significantly in the near future.

I read on another thread one American claiming one immigration officer didn't accept a simple statement from the US embassy about having adequate income but was asking for proof.

The op complained he couldn't prove the required income. He insisted a simple statement without proof had always been accepted before.

He was asking for help on how to stay in Thailand.

The government is targeting abuse in many areas.

Those of us here on correct visas will benefit.

Johnny why don't you call Walen and get him to sort it out. If he can he'll be a hero.

Maybe he'll give a prorated refund?

cheesy.gif

Okay, maybe not.

I think refunds are the last thing on Mac's mind at the moment. He's waiting for that knock on the door.

• Like 2

Can see this happening in the future as even the Retirement visa gets abused as i have met people working on a retirement visa's without a work permit and people who have paid companies to sort out their retirement as they didnt have the correct amount coming into their account each month or the correct lump sum.

Just stands to reason it seem to be the only visa they haven't yet cracked down on and believe will be next. That will be a fun day on this forum when that happens.

What about 2M baht for an alcoholic wreck visa?

• Like 1

Johnny why don't you call Walen and get him to sort it out. If he can he'll be a hero.

Maybe he'll give a prorated refund?

cheesy.gif

Okay, maybe not.

I think refunds are the last thing on Mac's mind at the moment. He's waiting for that knock on the door.

He may not like the OP publicly staring the Op enrolled at the school purely for the visa, didn't attend classes, on visa for 7 months, 2 extension.

The school owes nothing if the student pays and doesn't attend.

Immigration may be concerned how non attending students are getting extension.

I read on another thread one American claiming one immigration officer didn't accept a simple statement from the US embassy about having adequate income but was asking for proof.

The op complained he couldn't prove the required income. He insisted a simple statement without proof had always been accepted before.

He was asking for help on how to stay in Thailand.

The government is targeting abuse in many areas.

Those of us here on correct visas will benefit.

People on "correct" visas will benefit? Really? How, pray tell?

Especially when immigration does not accept what the rules say they must accept. For many years I used the affidavit of income without any problem. It was legal. Why is that abuse?

• Like 2