Stop finding fault, Prayut says

Lite Beer

Stop finding fault, Prayut says
Jeerapong Prasertpolkrung
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- PM says Sommai's claim that poll may not be held till 2016 is just a personal view

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha insisted yesterday on his intention to hold an election within one year as per his initial road map but said it depends on how ready the country is.

However, the premier then burst out after being pressured by questions from the media on the junta's plans and election schedule.

"If you really want the election to be held tomorrow I will be ready. But do you really want it? I don't understand what you want from me. The country has a lot of problems to be solved but you [media] keep finding fault with me," he said.

Many things needed to be done before an election is held, he said. The new charter was not completed yet and they also needed to draft organic laws.

Late on Wednesday, Finance Minister Sommai Phasi gave an interview to the BBC in which he said that general elections may be delayed by a year and a half. But Prayut said that was just Sommai's personal evaluation.

The premier pleaded for sympathy from the public and media, saying that everybody should give him some hope and suggestions.

"They [public] should not put pressure on me over when my government tasks will be finished or if our performance is poor. You shouldn't ask me when the election will be held or when we will leave. What am I?" he said.

Speaking to reporters on his return to Bangkok from Vietnam, Prayut spoke with an apparently angry voice while hitting the podium all the time. He also told reporters that the media would write that he was upset after returning from abroad.

Prayut then went on to explain why the Human Rights Watch website had been blocked, saying that the decision was up to the Information and Communications Technology Department, whose duty it is to enforce certain rules and regulations.

"How is this a restriction or censorship? Go and read what they wrote. If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said.

This week, the premier ordered a change in the presentation of his "returning happiness to people" weekly TV programme, in which he tells the nation about the progress his government is making.

The producers of the show set up a Facebook page, asking social media users to create a new backdrop for the show, and many came up with humorous backgrounds and graphics.

When asked which of the backgrounds was his favourite, he said, "I've seen it all, they made me sick."

He also said he chose to sit down in last night's nights programme, because he was exhausted.

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan insisted the junta did not want to stay in power for so long as some groups were calling for the junta to hold the election in one year.

"I don't feel any pressure [on the demand]. One year is our road map period.

"We don't want to stay for so long. We just want to unite people in the country," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Stop-finding-fault-Prayut-says-30248816.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-29

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"(you) should not put pressure on me over when my government tasks will be finished or if our performance is poor. You shouldn't ask me when the election will be held or when we will leave …"

What an emotionally immature thing to say.

(Guess we'll all just go quietly wait over here …..)

• Like 1

Stop finding fault with me! Don't you understand how it works? I say things and you whistle and cheer.

How are we going to do all the things I want to do if everyone else insists on having their own opinion?

Untrue and unfair. It is perfectly acceptable to have any opinion you want providing it coincides with his.

• Like 1

Ehhh, It's not April 1st now is it? cause it seems someone is taking the p*ss,

stop finding fault, don't put pressure on me when the tasks will be finished or if our performance is poor, blocking Human Rights Watch web sight, how is that a restriction or censorship? Did you read what they wrote about me? go and read it then, ehh, OOp's I forgot it's blocked heheheee,,,blink.png

Wasn't the government removed because it apparently was doing a poor job, and people were not happy? isn't that what elections are for?

OK C'mon now, you've had your fun now stop (<deleted>) about, it really is April 1st and it all a big joke right???

• Like 2

Late on Wednesday, Finance Minister Sommai Phasi gave an interview to the BBC in which he said that general elections may be delayed by a year and a half. But Prayut said that was just Sommai's personal evaluation.

what the general and government need is a skilled press office - then issue strict instructions to all MP's and officials not to voice opinions or release information to the media unless it is sanctioned through that office - Thailand seems to suffer from this need for officials to blab off their mouths at every opportunity with a deluge of crap just to fill their need for self importance, we have seen it time and time again, all it does is lead to confusion and miss-information

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1