American arrested for sex crimes here and in the US

Lite Beer

Good riddance. I hope he will spend a considerable amount of time in Bangkok Hilton so he could be given the same treatment he provided for others. After he served his time (if still alive), deport him back to his home country never to return again.

• Like 2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since not all English teachers in Thailand are sexual perverts, than it must be that all the sexual

perverts in Thailand are teachers, or somehow connected and in close proximity to young

adults and children.. and Thailand is haven for such possibilities as no farang is ever vetted

for his/her criminal past...

If any one wanted an example of opening the mouth, or in this case typing, before engaging the brain, look no further than this little gem

Your inability to read > think >type, leaves me to wonder just how much contact you have had with teachers, at this or any time in your life

Without thinking, or any factual evidence, you have placed every teacher under suspicion with your twisted piece of logic i.e "all sexual perverts are teachers or somehow connected and in close proximity to young adults and children"

While it would be difficult to carry out sexual abuse without being in close proximity to the victim, I also have to ask......What the hell are you on? Some of his victims were teachers. Please excuse me but I am unaware of all that many adolescent lecturers, in this country or any other.

Further evidence, if any were needed, that you haven't got a clue about the subject is your claim that no farang is ever vetted.

However you may wish to dress this up, it is no more that unadulterated "teacher bashing"

He is close to correct. If you are a sexual predator in Thailand, you will want to be close to your victims. Therefore, you would probably want to be a teacher. I know this guy was attacking adults but that does not nullify ezzra's logic. It is basic selection bias; we select into the environment that best meets our needs. It is not that teachers are predators but predators are likely teachers.

Sophistry to the highest degree.coffee1.gif

Since not all English teachers in Thailand are sexual perverts, than it must be that all the sexual

perverts in Thailand are teachers, or somehow connected and in close proximity to young

adults and children.. and Thailand is haven for such possibilities as no farang is ever vetted

'...Thailand is haven for such possibilities as no farang is ever vetted for his/her criminal past..."

Most of these guys have a prior history of committing such crimes in their home countries and eluding the police, so using your logic Farang Land must be both a breeding ground & a haven for such behavior and the police can't seem to either detect the crimes or hold onto the criminal once arrested and convicted.

And this guy seems to have sufficient false identities to make vetting impossible. Even if he was using a legitimate passport putting together a fake resume is not a problem and few former employers are likely to respond to requests for information by announcing he's a sexual deviant and thus open themselves to lawsuits. A Thai employer requesting a police report from one of the thousands of police departments in the US is a dead end waiting to happen.

The guy is not Thai. He apparently has a history of criminal acts before he ever got to Thailand without any problem. He's been using fake passports. And it was the Thai police, not the Farang police who arrested him. But let's make it all the fault of Thailand. The mind boggles.

Thailand is like a magnet for the trash of the World,the more they

catch the better,a few years in a Thai prison is what they need,then

deport them to their home countries.

regards Worgeordie

"Thailand is like a magnet for the trash of the World ..."

Especially considering the incompetent trash collectors in their home countries.

Your "magnet for the trash of the world comment" doesn't paint a very attractive picture of your fellow Thai Visa posters.

Edited by Suradit69

The fact that he has a bipolar disorder is not relevant to his actions and does nothing more than further stigmatise a relativaly common mental diorder. He knew right from wrong and is nothing more than a "bad lot" who, if found guilty, should be punished to the full extent of the law.

...."He knew right from wrong....." Please inform yourself before writing such nonsense

"He served a 10 yr prison term to be be released early (3 years) on condition that he return back to Thailand not to return to the USA."

Flat out false. No American court has the power to do this to an American citizen. This is 2014, not 1714.

well well... My wife and I just removed our son from a school here in Nakon pathom because the owner and full time teacher at the school was recently caught in a lie hidding the fact that he was convicted of a brutal rape back in america and released in 2004. He served a 10 yr prison term to be be released early (3 years) on condition that he return back to Thailand not to return to the USA. He came to Thailand and started a career teaching English as he doesn't speak Thai that well. Then he was let go of his last job because the school found out that he had this criminal record. he then started his own school with his wife. According to the police and Thai school board it was perfectly ok because after all he is Thai and the offence happened in america not Thailand..... At least that was there way of thinking.... Back in America he is not allowed within 1000 ft of a school but here... living the life. We gave them the opportunity to go before the entire school (moms and dads) and tell them the story but they did not and kept it a secret instead... unfortunately without the support of others to make this known even though we had the paperwork from the USA we just let it go as we don't have time for that kind of stress.

Speaking directly to the head of the school board here in Nakon pathom, said if you knew about this or our ok about this and if something happens going forward then you are directly responsible... she just looked at me, shrugged it off without a care.

Maybe she has bi Pola hence why she's a top teacher in Thailand wai2.gif

Besides his desire to have sex with Asia people, my concern is how in the F#$%^&* does Thailand secure safety in passport control, overstays, piss test for retirement visa's, bullshit visa runs? If anyone has travelled to Japan as myself, in Narita eye scans. New passports have computer chips inside and a proper scan shows data. WAKE up Thailand try facebook, customs!

"

He later moved to the Rangsit area and then Prawet area, doing a brief stint as an English-language teacher," the senior officer said. "He also worked as a freelancer for a media firm via an Internet-based contact".

Does that make him one of the so called "digital nomads"?

first time could be an "accident",

the second time i have serious doubts,

the third time, there's absolute clarity!

How does 'accidental' rape work exactly?

<snip>

Does the same rule apply for 'accidental' 1st time murder?

Accidental first time murder is call involuntary manslaughter. But accidental rape? Hmm, got me on that one. Maybe the same as what happens when two drunks have sex and the female gets caught by her boyfriend or feels guilty so claims rape.

We had a case here in he US where a potentially great football player did his time for rape and then had the girl confess she lied. She also sued and won a large amount of money by the school they both attended.

She did no time though and kept the money. The thought (read:absurd idea) was that other girls who have made false claims may not come forward if they think punishment is harsh.

I mean what a liberal crock of BS! How about thinking the harsh terms may prevent other woman from making false claims. I say liberal cause it is usually they who think this way.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A police background check, from your home country, is required before you can legally teach in Thailand.

It's just not true, maybe written down somewhere as "requirements" to teach in Thailand.

Nobody ever asked me to show them a background check in 10 years, at four different schools, ( which I've got), neither did i hear that any of these guys I worked with had to show one.

I had the responsibility at two schools to look for foreign teachers, but the school didn't even understand why I wanted to see such a ( real) document.

Do you have to show a background check, when working for an agency, always seeking "teachers" to fill positions? Guess you know the answer.

BTW, there's a British guy who' served a long time in prison, because he "blew somebody's head off". He applied for a criminal background check from the UK, they sent it to his Thai address and somebody "Photoshopped" it in a way that he's got a clean record.

Two others "only" served five and the other one six years for an armed robbery. But they're still working for an agency, as far as I know.

The guy who "blew somebody's head off" is a "model teacher" for a well known agency.

I found the story quite amazing, as it doesn't seem to be that easy to have "quite a few" passports with different nationalities and names.

Finally, it shows me why so many Thais at schools have lost respect for foreigners.

I agree with someone's post that Thailand seems to attract all human trash. Too many people here are "on the run."

• Like 1

When I started my teaching job I had to go to the royal thai police headquarters and have a criminal record check done which included being fingerprinted. Recieved a document a month later stating that I had no criminal record in Thailand or my home country. All schools should and must do this with all new foreign teachers. Just the idea alone will scare aware any dodgy people.

When I started my teaching job, I had to go to the royal thai police headquarters and have a criminal record check done. It included also being fingerprinted. A month later I received a document, stating that I had no criminal record, not in Thailand nor in my home country. In my opinion all of the schools should do this, especially with the new foreign teachers. Just the idea of going through it would be enough to scare away any dodgy people.

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Sorry I just had to, because you're supposed to be a teacher w00t.gif

On topic: Another alleged offender off the soil - good work RTP wai.gif

Most schools that claim to be "international" or an "English" school are a profit making school; thus, some (not all) will want that blue eye, blond hair, white skin instructor as a token Western teacher at their school. Since these schools are nothing but a business, they are into profits, they may not even look into the person's educational background or experience. And we all know recommendations or a diploma on paper may have been printed off on some soi somewhere. Good schools will do a check up by calling the future employee's last place of work, do a police check on him/her; and even check up on his/her university degree since the Thai education department requires all this data. They also require work permits, but the "cheapie"schools will hire someone on a tourist visa expecting them to go in and out of the country every 90 days. These "fake" schools are too cheap to pay the expenses of getting work permits and doing a check-up on the teacher's professional background.

That is why it is best that one looks at schools witih a type of accreditation from an institution from Australia, England, or the USA.

• Like 1

The fact that he has a bipolar disorder is not relevant to his actions and does nothing more than further stigmatise a relativaly common mental diorder. He knew right from wrong and is nothing more than a "bad lot" who, if found guilty, should be punished to the full extent of the law.

...."He knew right from wrong....." Please inform yourself before writing such nonsense

Please enlighten me oh wise one.

Thailand is like a magnet for the trash of the World,the more they

catch the better,a few years in a Thai prison is what they need,then

deport them to their home countries.

regards Worgeordie

"Thailand is like a magnet for the trash of the World". If you are here, then I guess you must be one of them. regards

• Like 1

I'm not sure how an American can get away with masquerading as a Brit. That alone should have made local farang leery. Everyone knows that there are dodgy farang here.

He had a Brit passport; how many non-native Brits do? Maybe he only told the Thais he was a Brit. Just because he had a Brit passport doesn't make him dodgy.

Before I came here two years ago from Australia, I applied for a Retirement Visa

from the Thai Embassy in Canberra (no Thai services now in Perth).

One of the things required in the package of documents to Canberra, was

a police background check which I enclosed.

Unfortunately I forgot something else (bank records from memory) and

the package was returned to me with...

"Due to time constraints, we suggest you enter Thailand on a tourist visa and change to

a Retirement Visa once there".

I did as suggested but when applying in Phuket, less paperwork was needed and

the police check was now not required!?

NS

well well... My wife and I just removed our son from a school here in Nakon pathom because the owner and full time teacher at the school was recently caught in a lie hidding the fact that he was convicted of a brutal rape back in america and released in 2004. He served a 10 yr prison term to be be released early (3 years) on condition that he return back to Thailand not to return to the USA. He came to Thailand and started a career teaching English as he doesn't speak Thai that well. Then he was let go of his last job because the school found out that he had this criminal record. he then started his own school with his wife. According to the police and Thai school board it was perfectly ok because after all he is Thai and the offence happened in america not Thailand..... At least that was there way of thinking.... Back in America he is not allowed within 1000 ft of a school but here... living the life. We gave them the opportunity to go before the entire school (moms and dads) and tell them the story but they did not and kept it a secret instead... unfortunately without the support of others to make this known even though we had the paperwork from the USA we just let it go as we don't have time for that kind of stress.

Do I understand this right?

The US let him out on condition that the does his raping in Thailand?

• Like 1

And you presume to take the moral high ground in the same breath as not having the "...time for that kind of stress"?

Let's hope nothing bad happens because of your lack of "time".

perhaps i should have better worded that.... What I mean is we have our own family and business to run.... we exausted our effort there with both the school board and the police being just plain to lazy to further look in to it.... If the authorities who for some unknown reason have no time to pursue it the only thing we can do and have done is inform others... even that being said there are moms and dads who did not care... for them rape seemed menial as it did not happen to their direct family...

Edited by Likenitstill

"He served a 10 yr prison term to be be released early (3 years) on condition that he return back to Thailand not to return to the USA."

Flat out false. No American court has the power to do this to an American citizen. This is 2014, not 1714.

I read the court transcripts myself and also spoke with the sherrifs department in the USA. He is a Thai citizen who shortly after being born moved to the USA under the care of a US citizen. I do indeed know that was the condition.

• Like 2

I have to agree, many of these farang "teachers" are kind of unqualified and unscreened.

Not pointing fingers at every single teacher, of course, because some of them are qualified, and want to stay in Thailand for other reasons than fiddling around with children.

Many, I have seen, are lonely male type adults, wandering around the school yards. Kind of weird, to begin with. I seen quite a few male, adult farangs (alone, of course) applying for a working visa in Laos. Would not let them within gunshot distance of my kids.

How can you say that you are not pointing fingers? You just wrote a post that strongly implies most male teachers in Thailand are strange perverts.

You are very wrong to do so. I've taught alongside many foriegn teachers in Thailand. Not one fits the profile you painted.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What needs to be done is for both Thai and expat teachers to be police cleared from their respective place of origin and a working with children permit issued, no certificate no work.

Erm, maybe also test expat teachers on their qualifications and abilities? What for instance with the scores of English 'teachers' who know nothing about the language's grammar, and even barely speak it, but got a job here... Can't expect the same tests for Thais though, alas... I have witnessed appaling situations, even for my non-native English speaker's ears and eyes... 'In the kingdom of the blind (persons), the one-eyed (person) is king' (transl. fm. French)?

A persistent repeat offender only one way to stop a repeat offender make sure he can never walk in any of the streets with woman or children on them, just put him to sleep like a rabid dog after his blunt knife castration.

• Like 2

Criminal background checks is not a strongpoint of the Thai employment system. There are professional companies that do these for a fee and should be mandatory for TEFL teachers in Thailand to avoid further tarnishing of a respectable profession by a few rotten apples.