Michel Platini does it again.

delgarcon

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30251129

What a <deleted> this Frenchman is. Last year he was against using goal line technology, which in most people's opinion is essential to verify crucial decisions made by the refs and their linesmen. Maradona's "hand of god", Henry's goal against Ireland and indeed, Hurst's 'goal' in 1966, for example.

Now he's telling the world that the Ballon d'or should go to a German, because Germany won the World Cup. Real Madrid are quite rightly annoyed with Platini for suggesting that it shouldn't go to Ronaldo, arguably the season's best player.

Edited by metisdead
Edited for vulgar comment.

Platini is of course welcome to his opinion but in his position within the game i think he should keep his trap shut.

Ronaldo's been the best player this past year and i can't really fathom why he thinks a German world cup winner should deserve it more.

Great football he was and a bit of a tit he is. I suppose we'll have Blatter throwing one in next......oh wait a minute, he already has. Cudos to Ancelotti for the response.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Typical of a senior football administrator to think that people should care what the hell they think. Typical annoying euroctraic behaviour to ignore established rules and hand out baubles on some misguided buggins-turn principle.

What a <deleted> this Frenchman is. Last year he was against using goal line technology, which in most people's opinion is essential to verify crucial decisions made by the refs and their linesmen. Maradona's "hand of god", Henry's goal against Ireland and indeed, Hurst's 'goal' in 1966, for example.

Now he's telling the world that the Ballon d'or should go to a German, because Germany won the World Cup. Real Madrid are quite rightly annoyed with Platini for suggesting that it shouldn't go to Ronaldo, arguably the season's best player.

Goal line technology would not have solved Maradona´s hand of god goal or Henry´s goal against ireland as there was no doubt as to if the ball crossed the line or not. Platini is against the over use of technology in the game as it can/could interfere with the natural flow of the game. It´s not American football where everything is screened and put up on big screens and referee ha sto explain to crowd his decition that would be horrible for football. I´d hate it if every offside or ball in play/out of play was debated or inside outside of the box, replays every handball (was it hand to ball or ball to hand?)

Goalline technology is fine but too much technology can spoil it. That was platini´s objection to goal line technology.

Balon d oro winner? I´d have Bale, tired of the Ronaldo/Messi dominating the ownership. Bale was no slouch last season either!

2nd Choice for FIFA Balon d or would have been Suarez...That aint ever going to happen!

Goal line technology would not have solved Maradona´s hand of god goal or Henry´s goal against ireland as there was no doubt as to if the ball crossed the line or not. Platini is against the over use of technology in the game as it can/could interfere with the natural flow of the game. It´s not American football where everything is screened and put up on big screens and referee ha sto explain to crowd his decition that would be horrible for football. I´d hate it if every offside or ball in play/out of play was debated or inside outside of the box, replays every handball (was it hand to ball or ball to hand?)

Goalline technology is fine but too much technology can spoil it. That was platini´s objection to goal line technology.

Balon d oro winner? I´d have Bale, tired of the Ronaldo/Messi dominating the ownership. Bale was no slouch last season either!

2nd Choice for FIFA Balon d or would have been Suarez...That aint ever going to happen!

Some good points Derek there until you said Bale and then Suarez just because you are tired of the Ronaldo/Messi domination.....they are owning it for a reason and yes they are the best two in the world by quite a margin at the moment....score and make goals for fun the pair of them.

As for Plattini ...i like rus's summary they are a pair of sponges sucking the life out of football at the top. Mafia.

• Like 2

Some good points Derek there until you said Bale and then Suarez just because you are tired of the Ronaldo/Messi domination.....they are owning it for a reason and yes they are the best two in the world by quite a margin at the moment....score and make goals for fun the pair of them.

As for Plattini ...i like rus's summary they are a pair of sponges sucking the life out of football at the top. Mafia.

For all the talk of the Ronaldo/Messi domination, which is totally justified, and despite Ronaldo again being the best player this year, by a distance imo, might i remind everyone that blessed Sepp has publicly said he think that Neuer should win it. Surely not you say.....

Might i also remind you, world football is Sepp's personal plaything and ATM machine.

Blatter + Plattini = Blattini.

Horrible pair the both of em, Blatter's just a greedy idiot and everything Plattini does nowadays, just demeans what he was as a player.

redrus

It's difficult to work out which is worse, Blatter or Platini.

Sometimes one edges into the lead with a grubby corruption scandal, then the other hits back with a half-baked policy directly aimed at the hated English.

Stanley Rous could still do a better job than either of them, and he's been dead nigh on 30 years......

If the World Cup was the showcase for the best talent around, then Ronaldo and Messi didn't show up too well. Germany's Muller would be a good shout.

Messi hauled his misfiring attacking teammates and squad to the final. Aguero and Higuain might as well not even played as ineffective as they were. The criticism he has received from some for his WC performance is ridiculous.

If the World Cup was the showcase for the best talent around, then Ronaldo and Messi didn't show up too well. Germany's Muller would be a good shout.

Messi hauled his misfiring attacking teammates and squad to the final. Aguero and Higuain might as well not even played as ineffective as they were. The criticism he has received from some for his WC performance is ridiculous.

Oh please, he wasn't that influential.

Oh please, he wasn't that influential.

I beg to differ. Higuain and Aguero mostly absent and Di Maria injured and missed out the crucial games. It was Messi and Sabella's reworking of the defense that got Argentina to the final. Nada mas.coffee1.gif