let this be a WARNING

i dont know if this has been discussed before.

i am about to do my extension of stay,i picked up the forms last time i done my 90day report.

TM. 7 form which was stapled to 2 others.

one of the forms is all in THAI,this one i think you have to fill in at the interview.

the other form is THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF PENALTIES FOR A VISA OVERSTAY dont remember this one.

now for the WARNING all those who dont sign your name across the forms saying,

for example[ mr.ding dong dingaling for immigration purpose's only] and cross it.

you might ask why you must do this,well on one side of one of the forms IS,

A PHOTO COPY OF SOMEONES DEPARTURE CARD WITH STAMP.

A PHOTO COPY OF HIS PASSPORT PAGE,NAME,PASSPORT NO.STAMP AND DATE.

A PHOTO COPY OF VISA STAMPS.

on the back of the thai form is a PHOTO COPY OF A TAX DOCUMENT WITH AMOUNTS IN BAHT,and a co.name.

this to me looks as if they are useing the blank sides of forms with someones personel details on.

so it will be interesting to get some replies.

Thais generally do not view personal data as something sacrosanct. You often see the banks leaving papers in full view too. It'd be funny if immigration recycled a copy of your papers and printed your next application form on it ... w00t.gif

• Like 1

Thais generally do not view personal data as something sacrosanct. You often see the banks leaving papers in full view too. It'd be funny if immigration recycled a copy of your papers and printed your next application form on it ... w00t.gif

Is identify theft illegal in Thailand and if not is it an occupation closed to foreigners?

Is identify theft illegal in Thailand and if not is it an occupation closed to foreigners?

I'm no legal expert -- maybe you could ask the guys here.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780900-new-technology-traps-cheating-thai-girlfriends/

This is not the first time this has been reported.

Many of my 90 report receipts have had something on the backside.

It is immigration's way of recycling paper.

Received my 90 day receipt from Chiang Mai a few days ago. On the back was another receipt where the person was filling in the Officials Only section with his name/passport/etc info.

More to do with the fact that government departments are so under funded that even clean a4 sheets of paper are scarce. Hence the term you'll hear a lot in a government department 'Gradat Recycen'

• Like 2

Received my 90 day receipt from Chiang Mai a few days ago. On the back was another receipt where the person was filling in the Officials Only section with his name/passport/etc info.

By 90 day receipt do you mean the bit they staple in to your passport ?

By 90 day receipt do you mean the bit they staple in to your passport ?

Yes the "receipt of notification".

It seems to be a common trait here in Thailand, which I stopped immediately at my place of work, and had to explain data protection. Think it is an unknown concept. Very poor practice, but also proves that a lot of the paperwork submitted is pointless.

It's funny because it seems the only reason they require dozens of photocopies from you of everything, is so that they can just print on the reverse side.

Our applications are their stationary supplies!

I personally be handed by the immigration copies of other people's home address, telephone number, email address, employment details and address, passport information page, and other useful information. Thanks to the immigration department. You guys are great,

It seems to be a common trait here in Thailand, which I stopped immediately at my place of work, and had to explain data protection. Think it is an unknown concept. Very poor practice, but also proves that a lot of the paperwork submitted is pointless.

I think to myself, maybe they scan it into their computer in the off hours, Then the paper becomes extraneous. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. Or even simply looked at as a single pile of daily papers by the supervisor at the end of the day. Once checked, the pile becomes "recycle". Any actions taken are already a "done deal". ??

I've gotten copies of things from the Jomtien office and the back side was somebody's passport page with all details clearly visible. Not good. A few years ago, stacks and stacks of papers were sitting under the counters near the front door. There for anybody and everybody to see and or take.

Did a 90 day report yesterday. Lucked out and got the lady with the computer. No copies needed, but the back of my notice was somebody's personal info...again...

You can say that again. I remember having a conversation with a doctor in a hospital and he kept asking me if I knew Mr so & so from the expat community, and telling me which ailments he'd treated Mr so & so for.

and years ago I ceased having confession with Thai priests.

i done my ext.and 90day report 2hrs.ago and every copy i changed my signature,same name but the first letter of my first name i done different.i think a letter from thai visa should be sent to head of immigration with our concerns.

You only sign the front side , not the backside , so nothing to do with it !

havent you read the posts dai boy,never mind which side you sign,some other person is goner get your copies,

bank details,all your passport details with your original signature and every thing else you got to give them.

UNDERSTAND? anyone can copy your signature.

Edited by meatboy

The only way that they could have copies they don't want is if you give them more than is needed for your application. Don't give them anything more than is needed. If they want it they will ask for it.

They keep everything you attached to your application if it is required for it.