Issan (burriram)

macb

EXCHANGE RATES 0731 HRS 07/10/2007

GBP-THB=69.942

USD-THB=34.24

http://www.moneycorp.com/

How does the Moneycorp information compare with VISA exchange rates, which for the past 3 days have been unavailable. http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_serv...HB&rate=0.0

If you are able to use a Nationwide debit card, the exchange rate is usually up to 10 satang MORE than the telex transfer rate available from Kasikorn bank for the £, but some 15-20 satang less than the VISA quoted rate

Edited by prakhonchai nick

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I use a Nationwide Debit card 1. there is no withdrawal fee and 2. the withdrawal rate is very near to what moneycorp predict

Checking the rates just now on both sites there is not much in it heres the links have a look its just a preferential thing really using a site I know

http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_serv...HB&rate=0.0

Edited by macb

Well we went to Big "C' on the opening day but were unable to park it was heaving, I have spoke to locals who have been and they say same layout as Surin others say better lay out, I may go tomorrow but certainly net week sometime and will report:

Weather wise We been getting a lot of rain and folks are putting more Fertilizer on so maybe yields will not be to bad after all, I was told today that some locals who sowed early are harvesting already :

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

I have plans to build a house, close to Buriram and many, many questions. A Buriram forum would help me a lot to find contacts to give me advise to find the right people for the right job(Builders, lawyer, building materials, etc.). Within 2 weeks I'll be there again for 1 month. I am really looking forward.

I have plans to build a house, close to Buriram and many, many questions. A Buriram forum would help me a lot to find contacts to give me advise to find the right people for the right job(Builders, lawyer, building materials, etc.). Within 2 weeks I'll be there again for 1 month. I am really looking forward.

hope you will get nice advise soon ' my wife from Krasang' but i stay in Bkk full time , i think Buriram good place'

Nearly all your questions can be answered on the Forum ,using the search facility: However feel free to ask away or send me a PM

Well today I went with the wife and kids to Buriram Big'C' : I was very impressed ,I was told yeaterday its the same as the Surin store, well its not the lay out is very different and up market:

I would recommend its well worth a visit there is ample parking and two entrances, designed for entry and exit, the exit they have situated from the Food store area for convenience, there are trolley ramps situated along the covered footpath outside the store :

But the layout inside as you go into the Main entrance, there is the eatery on the left catering for Thai and international eating on the right KFC: then you advance into a Mal full of shops selling everything from cameras to spectacles, there are 4 banks i believe and plenty of ATMS I did see a SCB branch, pharmacy Book Store, well take a look yourself OH and not forgetting MK

Weather wise showers off and on but much cooler as we roll into the cool season, the last 2 morninigs at 0600 hrs my thermometer outside was reading 18 c and there has been a very nice refreshing wind from the North

WEATHER REPORT 20/10/07 0912 HRS

Well I think the cool season has arrived early or on time this morning the outdoor thermometer read 18 c. there is now the prevailing wind from the North, at this moment in time there is not a cloud in the sky and the temp is rising to about 22 c at the moment

EXCHANGE RATES

GBP = 70.151 BHT

Well cant get the dollar up at the moment

hope you will get nice advise soon ' my wife from Krasang' but i stay in Bkk full time , i think Buriram good place'

Hi ajrnbangkapi, that's funny. My wife is also from Krasang, now staying in Chiang Mai. We would like to build a house in Krasang. Maybe your wife is having some good builders in mind or other good tips for me. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Last time I was in Buriram, I wanted to get the girlfriend and family to start taking care of the yard a little better.

I looked around a bit for some garden tools, but wasn't able to locate some western type garden weapons, like a full bladed shovel (they only have the sliver kind), big rakes, garden hoe and few other items. Anyone know what stores sell these items?

Last time I was in Buriram, I wanted to get the girlfriend and family to start taking care of the yard a little better.

I looked around a bit for some garden tools, but wasn't able to locate some western type garden weapons, like a full bladed shovel (they only have the sliver kind), big rakes, garden hoe and few other items. Anyone know what stores sell these items?

Home Mart just pass taveeks had a few western tools, but I have discovered Thais do not like using them.

I must mention hardware store in Krasang, granted it is about 20 minutes from Buriram it will be worth the drive. the owners son, Ting speaks excellent English and can help with sound advice on any project u may be planning. He believe it or not even service after the sale. Ting's number is 044 691001. make sure he is in when go.

I have to agree with Ron as he is married in to our family:

We both ran pipe from local lake for softer water, Ting came out to put things right on Rons project, I went to see him at Rons only 5 mins walk down the road and he came to mine when finished at Rons : Only charged for parts and corrected mistakes that had been made using local labour.

Recommended very helpful guy and is part of his families business, not only do they sell just about everything to do with building, they also have a construction company, building hospitals universities Condominiums and houses.

New 2nd Hand "Big Bike" Shop in Downtown Buriram. Today I briefly walked into a 2nd Hand Motorcycle shop with serious motorcycles, parts and accessories on sale in Downtown Buriram. The place is named MONSTER SHOP and it is two doors down from Pizza Company on Sunthong Thip Road. This block is between Noways Road and Thani Road across from Bank of Ayudhya. The motorcycles on display were out of my riding ability and budget, but a nicer place for me to window shop than Big C. For those serious about BIG BIKES "Jo" and another staff person spoke a bit of English and the phone number is 089-1604868.

THere is a Topic running I think just started about a new Farang eatery in Burriram here is the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468

Good luck to the guy I will give it a look next time in town

hello mr.macb,

belated congats on the birth of your daughter! i see that you are very busy on this forum,good stuff! im new to all of this, been readin thought past post.ect... i see that you had agood deal on the price of the hospital (birth) was this a goverment/private job as i m looking at are first essan baby at udon for base 25,000. baht. private. before in bangkok 6 yr ago we were paying 30,000.up.ect.... not sure about different districts pricings.? all the best. david.

Well we used a recommended Doctor outside the hospital I gave the wife the choice Thaksin 30 bht card at Government hospital or National.

So the costings were using the 30 bht card which the swife opted for, and I must say the hospital was good and my wife had the VIP room.

But if my daughter needs hospital or has problem in future I will take her private:( NAtional hosp)

I am also going to see about BUPA Family care, its new I think thye 10 bht per day.

Hi,

I'm going to ask what I'm sure is a stupid question. I work in Iraq, for an American company and my insurance is through BUPA International and United Health Care. When I've gone to Bumrungrad... they don't recognize that insurance. The shame of it is... when I'm out of America, it pays 100% with no deductable. Geez!!! Is that the same BUPA that you're talking about?

Home Mart just pass taveeks had a few western tools, but I have discovered Thais do not like using them.

I must mention hardware store in Krasang, granted it is about 20 minutes from Buriram it will be worth the drive. the owners son, Ting speaks excellent English and can help with sound advice on any project u may be planning. He believe it or not even service after the sale. Ting's number is 044 691001. make sure he is in when go.

Is it the Thai chinese family, who have the cement works and builders merchant, if so ask them if you can go fishing, they have superb fishing lakes, behind there banana plantation and cement works, i know the daughter quite well, nice people, the daughter dug 3 or 4 lakes a few years back just for ferrangs to go fishing, my best mate from Krasang was involved in this.

Well its chucking it down here at the moment, so thats sttopped the harvest its been raining since mid afternoon : Fairly heavy at the moment :

As for Krasang builders like THaicoon I know the family nice folks the daughter speaks good English so does Ting : And he is only to pleased to give advice on nay project you have in mind

THere is a Topic running I think just started about a new Farang eatery in Burriram here is the link

<a href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468" target="_blank">http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468</a>

hello mr.macb,

belated congats on the birth of your daughter! i see that you are very busy on this forum,good stuff! im new to all of this, been readin thought past post.ect... i see that you had agood deal on the price of the hospital (birth) was this a goverment/private job as i m looking at are first essan baby at udon for base 25,000. baht. private. before in bangkok 6 yr ago we were paying 30,000.up.ect.... not sure about different districts pricings.? all the best. david.

Well we used a recommended Doctor outside the hospital I gave the wife the choice Thaksin 30 bht card at Government hospital or National.

So the costings were using the 30 bht card which the swife opted for, and I must say the hospital was good and my wife had the VIP room.

But if my daughter needs hospital or has problem in future I will take her private:( NAtional hosp)

I am also going to see about BUPA Family care, its new I think thye 10 bht per day.

Hi,

I'm going to ask what I'm sure is a stupid question. I work in Iraq, for an American company and my insurance is through BUPA International and United Health Care. When I've gone to Bumrungrad... they don't recognize that insurance. The shame of it is... when I'm out of America, it pays 100% with no deductable. Geez!!! Is that the same BUPA that you're talking about?

THanks for comments I see you have BUPA it has become very expensive Insurance, Thai Visa are now doing a good deal in conjunction with a Thai insurance Company I will bre pursuing this myself shortly:

I am not as busy as I would like to be on here now as the daughter is keeping me busy or the wife ,fetch this fetch that mmmmmmmmmmmm

<a href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468" target="_blank">http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468</a>

hello mr.macb,

Hi,

THanks for comments I see you have BUPA it has become very expensive Insurance, Thai Visa are now doing a good deal in conjunction with a Thai insurance Company I will bre pursuing this myself shortly:

I am not as busy as I would like to be on here now as the daughter is keeping me busy or the wife ,fetch this fetch that mmmmmmmmmmmm

I just can't find any hospital in Thailand that will accept it. They have me pay in full, then I'm supposed to submit a claim and wait. I keep forgetting the submit a claim part.

Weather update 02/11/07 1048 hrs

Today started at around 18 c temps rise during the day to around 26 c: There is the strong prevailing wind from the NNE : Wednesday we had a lot of rain which stopped the harvesting, but today they are starting again:

EXCHANGE RATES :

GBP- THB 70.703

USD-THB 34008

Weather update 02/11/07 1048 hrs

Today started at around 18 c temps rise during the day to around 26 c: There is the strong prevailing wind from the NNE : Wednesday we had a lot of rain which stopped the harvesting, but today they are starting again:

EXCHANGE RATES :

GBP- THB 70.703

USD-THB 34008

Good to see you posting the weather again Mac.

Hope all is well on the ranch. Rice harvest finished and wet has begun with a vengeance here in Northern Sumatra. How did the water pipeline project go with cousin Ron? regards from us both.

Bicko:

Well we are not harvesting our rice as yet as the Sister in law is doing it this year as you know, and they were a bit late sowing however I think late November will be ready: As for the pipe-line from the lake all is connected and after some teething problems which I hasten to add the final adjustments I made myself believe it or not!! the water is slightly brownish but very soft and I can tell the difference when I wash the pick-up because there is no mineral marks from the old bore water, so over a period of time the scaling that occurs on the shower heads and discolouring in the toilets will vanish I am sure :

Hope you all okay

Change of pace here. Looks like GF is going to get a puppy some time soon, just want to know if anyone knows of a veternarian (sp) in the Buriram town area? Are there any or do you use the guys that treat the other farm animals?

Also, what do they charge for visits for the simple things like vaccinations / innoculations and such. Gf tells me there is a shop in town that sells pet supplies, so maybe she can get a lead there, but would prefer to hear what ex-pats experiences in the area are. Thanks

Edited by mailman

SEVERAL VETERINARIANS IN BURIRAM TOWN We live in Satuk and have not found anyplace that stocks Cat Medicine. Several treat dogs, at least one Elephants (see photos). In Buriram I visited several Veterinarians and the Dog, Cat, Fighting Cock Veterinarian we thought the most professional is Dr. Lerkeat Niyomthong. He understands enough English and can speak some English. He has NOT given us Farang Prices. I have paid 50 baht several times for Cat Vaccinations and treatment of cat illness. Some bills were 100 baht and treating two cats and purchasing cat medicine from Pfizer the most expensive bill was 380 baht. Of course on several trips relatives from the village went to a nearby People Doctor clinic run by Moon Lighting Government Physicians and their treatment cost slightly less than our cats.

This clinic had a proper treatment area for animals, seems sanitary and not in the corner of a pet shop. It is on a corner across the street from "Electronics Supply, Car Stereo, Public Address System" shop. It is around the corner from Platinum Motor Cycle Shop. It is two blocks from the downtown Bangkok Bank. The clinic for Animals is located at 1/32-33 THAIN Road (same street as Bamboo Bar) but one SHORT block from LAK MUEANG ROAD. The phone numbers on the card are 044-625613 and his mobile number is 081-9550881 He is a Government Veterinarian so he has the EVENING and weekend hours of operation. I think it is best to have the Thai Wife or Girlfriend phone first to confirm the opening hours. He also stocks Front Line or Advantage for Dogs. I was impressed with his "professional manner" and TIME spent with the "patient". Perhaps more time and more compassion than a Doctor at Kaiser Permanente in America.

The photo is an Elephant Veterinarian treating over Twenty Elephants in Satuk last Evening. No word if this Doctor treated the three fellow Thai Visa Forum Members who entered the Satuk Boat Race and spent some time swimming in the Moon River Saturday Morning.

No word if this Doctor treated the three fellow Thai Visa Forum Members who entered the Satuk Boat Race and spent some time swimming in the Moon River Saturday Morning.

Hi

After a statement like that, we REALLY need to see photographic evidence!!!!! :D:D:D

Suppose it needs to be on another post. Come on TMWG and other share the fun :D:bah::bah:

:o Dave :o

WEATHER UP DATE 04-11-07 0839 HRS

WEll was up before the Chickens this morning with the daughter and the Temp outside at 0600 hrs was showing 14 c so here's a picture just to prove it

post-32485-1194140243_thumb.jpg

So on went the woolly hat, now the sun is up but with the strong prevailing wind not a cloud in the sky :

HAVE A GREAT DAY I WILL, COS GOING FISHING LATER SO ITS FISH AND CHIPS FOR TEA

EXCHANGE RATES

GBP - THB = 71.063

USD - THB = 34

Edited by macb

Change of pace here. Looks like GF is going to get a puppy some time soon, just want to know if anyone knows of a veterinarian (Sp) in the Buriram town area? Are there any or do you use the guys that treat the other farm animals?

Also, what do they charge for visits for the simple things like vaccinations / inoculations and such. Ff tells me there is a shop in town that sells pet supplies, so maybe she can get a lead there, but would prefer to hear what ex-pats experiences in the area are. Thanks

Last Monday I purchased two Pug puppies in Buliram, wanted an English bulldog but they are just too expensive in Thailand.

The shop is just down from the Bamboo Bar across the street from Speeds(the Thai Disco) Can not find the phone number. The owner is up to date on puppies cats etc. I was very happy with the price for my puppies how ever like all Pet shops the price of food is high. I did pay the higher price first time because I feel it is important to keep puppies on the food they are use too for a while.

I took them in yesterday for their first shots, they received their HEALTH RECORD as well, the first shots were less that 440 Baht. I picked up some toys as well.

I am happy with the shop and will take my puppies back for shots gut will look for their food at Makro or Big C

I am use to paying Southern California prices so I am happy with the Vet prices in Buliram

No word if this Doctor treated the three fellow Thai Visa Forum Members who entered the Satuk Boat Race and spent some time swimming in the Moon River Saturday Morning.

Hi

After a statement like that, we REALLY need to see photographic evidence!!!!! :D:D:D

Suppose it needs to be on another post. Come on TMWG and other share the fun :D:bah::bah:

:o Dave :o

Hi Dave The Dude

For action packed pics of event see post re Farangs wanted for Satuek Boat races.

TBWG ;)