Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

What a bunch of hypocrites many posters are here!!

Yesterday the RTP, JD and JTJ were the enemy and ridiculed by most here!!

And then today, after a loosely worded statement from a couple of laypeople, almost everyone turn on a dime!!

The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!

No my friends, this case stinks and has done so from day one!! IMO it is still a cover up for someone, who paid big money.

Only evidence presented and publicized at the trial will make me change my mind!! Until then I will believe that the B2 are indeed scapegoats.

This has got nothing to do with lack of respect for the victims parents, they have my deepest sympathy. But just like me I believe, they want to see the real culprits convicted!!

When are you going to stop spreading and suggesting untruths?

Who even hinted or said anything remotely close to you making such as statement as "The RTP becomes competent policeforce, JD and JTJ gloating in post after post, supported by their new friends!!"

You have stated the masses were behind you for believing completely unfounded conspiracy theories just as your treating those of us as "enemies" for trying to point out actual facts. So now you are unhappy that most people are coming back to reality after getting a glimpse of what they asked for?

I have no idea what "most people" think.

I do know that those posters who thought that the RTP did indeed have the killers in custody have been shouted down and called names, and have been accused of being paid to post.

Average posters don't want to deal with that and have posted once or twice then left the discussion after the abuse piled on them.

I have found that many of the conspiracy theorists have nothing good to say about Thais or Thailand and I think they have an axe to grind.

I have been reading these threads for some months and would like to propose a slightly more calm approach to this tradgedy. I have no idea if these two did the evil deed, but I understand completely why there is so much sceptism. I would ask John T John and JDinasia if they have complete faith in the 7 local RTP to carry out a thorough foresic investigation into a murder scene, particularly when all a sundry are allowed to wander through the area virtually deficating NDA throughout the crime scene. These local RTP have been on the Island for some time and no doubt enjoyed the tea money available from many sources, the crime scene to them, innitially, seemed business as usual, then the shit hit the fan and all hell broke loose and PANIC.

I as I am sure many of us have had to pay the RTP money for absoloutly nothing, corruption is rife, so conspiracy theries should be expected and I do not think it fair that such theories should be denigrated. By the way I love my life in Thailand, and I love the local Thai's and I should like to point out that they suffer more than us expats from RTP extortIon.

Furthermore regarding the respect due to the victims family, I understand the loud calls for this, however there are two more families to consider, those of the now living suspects. If it had not been for the speculation and questioning of the social networks and the international press where would they be now. The victims family stated that they wished to see a fair open trial, the only way to secure this is through pressure from the social networks and international media. Carry on regardless.

Again you are ignoring the requests of the families.

Which family? The parents of the two Burmese? I think they made a clear plead for help. Now you will tell me theirs are not as important? We are talking about another two lives here.

And my wish is also to make Thailand safe for future generations. There has been nothing clear or fair about this investigation. Which makes me worry that the criminal is still at large. It's an unsettling feeling. And with the recent exposure of the top cop involved in something that had been speculated for a long time, that just proves why rtp can't be trusted. They just have a lot to prove that they can be trusted. Please don't laugh. It may be an impossible task today, but hopefully someday.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 2B were really dispensable scapegoats to cover up for indispensable perpetrators and were successfully prosecuted, that would be a far more satisfactory solution than leaving the case unsolved to protect indispensable perpetrators, as was likely TH e case in the murder of Kirsty Jones which kept coming up again and again, causing endless grief to her mother and damaging tourism. At least families can have their closure and the all important tourism business can recover and relations between the UK and Thailand can remain cordial and lucrative. The lives of a couple of inconsequential illegal aliens would be a small price to pay for such a satisfying result all round.

Edited by Dogmatix

To all those that have been writing outrageous negative staements about the Thai police these past weeks regarding this investigation I pray you don't have to use their services in the future as you should get little to no help from them for being such <deleted>.

You know who you are!!!

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical of what is being done but some have really taken it way to far. You sound like the biggest <deleted> in the US, John Hannity, everytime he talks.

Who is "John Hannity," please?

It is worthwhile remembering that the only reason that the families were given such copious and convincing Thai police evidence by British police is because of the unseemly and uninformed speculation online mainly by Thais who are sick to death of the criminal activities of their own police. Without that they would have been no petition and pressure for an independent UK police investigation (which didn't take actually take place) and David Cameron would never have buttonholed General Prayuth in Milan to ask for UK police to go to Koh Tao. There are many similar cases like the British youth recently murdered in a Greek disco where the British government refuse to get involved at all, even at the request of families.

The point is that the whole social media pressure is not driven by people in Thai Visa. It is driven by Thai people writing in Thai who want to see justice in their country and to make Thailand a safer place for their families and friends and for foreign visitors alike. They are sickened by all the reports of murders of foreigners that are not properly investigated by corrupt police but these foteign victims are just the tip of the ice berg because they are dwarfed by the number of Thai victims who will never receive justice.

Edited by Dogmatix

It is worthwhile remembering that the only reason that the families were given such copious and convincing Thai police evidence by British police is because of the unseemly and uninformed speculation online mainly by Thais who are sick to death of the criminal activities of their own police. Without that they would have been no petition and pressure for an independent UK police investigation (which didn't take actually take place) and David Cameron would never have buttonholed General Prayuth in Milan to ask for UK police to go to Koh Tao. There are many similar cases like the British youth recently murdered in a Greek disco where the British government refuse to get involved at all, even at the request of families.

The point is that the whole social media pressure is not driven by people in Thai Visa. It is driven by Thai people writing in Thai who want to see justice in their country and to make Thailand a safer place for their families and friends and for foreign visitors alike. They are sickened by all the reports of murders of foreigners that are not properly investigated by corrupt police but these foteign victims are just the tip of the ice berg because they are dwarfed by the number of Thai victims who will never receive justice.

You are correct......that is Thailand. Lovely beaches, lovely food, lovely people but also some very bad & evil people corrupted to the bone willing to sacrifice two young lads by framing them with swapped DNA samples, forced confessions by a pancake vendor and a report which mentions only one murder weapon which didn't even carry David his DNA. And the Scotland Yard clowns were happy with what they observed? What a F-joke! The families deserve better!

OK, ALL IMHO, lets see the perfect case evidence.....which we won't even see if they plead guilty. Wow this stinks! My goodness! Yeah yeah......I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just read the incredible events from day one!

With all due respect to the families, it is now all about the fate of the two accused. My heart goes out to the families but they don't know Thailand and the way things operate.

Neither I guess does the FCO or the UK Embassy in Bangkok

Not right for the families to issue such an prejudicial statement.

It's now all done and dusted. Guilty WILL be the verdict.

For months now people have been speculating on this forum that the UK forensic investigators have obtained independently from autopsies on returned remains hard evidence that contradicts the scenario offered by Thai officialdom and that such information should be released posthaste. There was even talk that the gist of the meeting of the 2 PM's in Milan was so that the UK PM could so advise the Thai PM.

I would say that the memo released yesterday by the FCO on behalf of the families is to inform all that such evidence and information will not be forthcoming.

Edited by JLCrab

You do realise this is about more than the victims families I hope. its also about potentially 2 more lives lost or a lifetime of incarceration. With all due respect to the families of the victims there are another 2 families out there having to face this possibility and am sure everyone would prefer a fair and comprehensive investigation/trial. Especially Thais who have to live under this joke of a system all their lives.

This is what has drawn attn, Im deeply uncomfortable to say the least as many are in the manner its been handled and the gaps remaining, not least about there being more than 2 assailants. Whatever happens theres a very high likelihood of there still being one or more very dangerous persons out there, that remains for a me a very good reason for saying this is and will remain a very incomplete case and why i will always advise anyone thinking of taking an Island break in LOS to reconsider if its worth the potential cost.

Not discussing this case would be easy if it wernt so high profile and full of holes, its way beyond just the families of the victims who matter and even the accused, its very much also about morality, due process, transparency, honesty and truth, not to mention a very questionable police force, competence,mistreatment, contaminating evidence/crime scene, contradicting official statements, political foot in mouth and everything else that has so far made this case a farce.

The statements say nothing either way,are very carefully penned with diplomatic speak and as neutral as possible. They are both very non committal and its a shame people are trying to read what they want out of them or trying to use them out of context.

No doubt there will be plenty to comment on as the case finally gets going

Hannah’s family said,

“There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publicly before Royal Thai Police start their trial process."

“We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes.

David’s family said,

“We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court.

“From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing.”

People keep talking about holes in the case but the only holes I have seen are silly conspiracy theories based on nothing but speculation or talking initial statements or reports in the investigation and pretending nothing was updated since then. Might as well continue to blame their farang friend who had a cut on his hand and blood on pants and just pretend this was further reported on.

Wanting to know more beyond their semen was found in the victim is not a reason to form conspiracy theories on things you don't have answers --- it is simply a reason to wait for the trial, assuming the two don't plead guilty.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Theres a perfect example of someone taking excerpts out of context to suit themselves.

Which statement is taking out of context? Was one of those statements not something they wanted to communicate exactly as I posted it? You need to live in a fantasy life filled with dishonest comments to continue the with this BS conspiracy theory nonsense

But are the right people standing trial?

The answer to your question is at the top of this page, stated by people who are more involved in the case and have been informed better about the investigation, than anyone on this forum will ever be.

As much respect as I have for the parents, they are still laypeople!!

And the headline doesn't really reflect what are said in the statements!!

The statements are as vague as a speech by a speaker, who don't want to offend either side.

Politics or diplomacy comes to mind.

After being quiet for almost 3 months, the parents decide to finally "speak" 2 days before the trial.

Hardly a coincidence, but very damaging for the B2.

Their chance of a fair trial are even more distant now!!

It might be the case if members of the public were foriegners and on a jury, but they are not. Just a judge and since only one is easy for the heavyweights to control

It must not suprise you that any foriegner who reads this or has posted on these forums will have zero bearing on this case and outcome.

as always you are a silent visitor when in Thailand.

Strange how after years of living under these conditions some farangs still keep the concept that their self importance somehow means something in thailand.

the verdict is already made IMO and since the true heavyweights have already spoken im sure it will not go against them

Edited by tingtongtourist

Well I have a big plate of humble pie to swallow. There's still a lot of glaring inconsistencies in this case but the families have seen evidence we are not privy to. I doubt the village headman's influence reaches THAT far.

Still hard to believe that these two acted alone. But if it's good enough for the parents then good enough for me.

So let's not bother with a trial, eh?

Well I have a big plate of humble pie to swallow. There's still a lot of glaring inconsistencies in this case but the families have seen evidence we are not privy to. I doubt the village headman's influence reaches THAT far.

Still hard to believe that these two acted alone. But if it's good enough for the parents then good enough for me.

So let's not bother with a trial, eh?

Clearly you have examined the family statements the same way you have examined this entire case as well as the poster's comments you are responding. Stop with the twisting of everything to come out with a entirely opposite than logical as well as untruthful suggestions.

The answer to your question is at the top of this page, stated by people who are more involved in the case and have been informed better about the investigation, than anyone on this forum will ever be.

As much respect as I have for the parents, they are still laypeople!!

And the headline doesn't really reflect what are said in the statements!!

The statements are as vague as a speech by a speaker, who don't want to offend either side.

Politics or diplomacy comes to mind.

After being quiet for almost 3 months, the parents decide to finally "speak" 2 days before the trial.

Hardly a coincidence, but very damaging for the B2.

Their chance of a fair trial are even more distant now!!

It might be the case if members of the public were foriegners and on a jury, but they are not. Just a judge and since only one is easy for the heavyweights to control

It must not suprise you that any foriegner who reads this or has posted on these forums will have zero bearing on this case and outcome.

as always you are a silent visitor when in Thailand.

Strange how after years of living under these conditions some farangs still keep the concept that their self importance somehow means something in thailand.

the verdict is already made IMO and since the true heavyweights have already spoken im sure it will not go against them

Or maybe you suspect they will be found guilty by the judge"s" because they are likely the ones who committed this crime and the evidence to date suggests this.

What you are saying is completely irrelevant.

Regardless of the "evidence" or informatio received from the police, the process of gathering evidence and the process of charging and the authorities persistent leaking of info and wild accusations have rendered a fasir trial impossible. The result is that ANY verdict on ANY suspect has to be questionable.

"But if it's good enough for the parents then good enough for me."

What an asbsurd thing to say!

Convincing to who, a two year old?

Isn't it charming how some people that have been "fighting" for the families and the victims turn on a dime and take a dump on them as soon as they are shown to be misguided, to put it very delicately?

Try to read the statement from the parents again:

"We also support the work the defense team are doing in Thailand"

and

"Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case"

Does that sound like someone, who has been convinced by the excellent work of the RTP??

I am sure, the parents don't want two scapegoats to pay the ultimate price, for a crime they didn't commit.

So no, we haven't turned on a dime!! We are still supporting the parents in their fight to bring the real culprits to justice!!

What makes you think the family want your support you fool..... what you are doing is helping no one and causing massive harm to Thailand as a country with your trolling and totally unfounded claims. This family are now privy to information you don't have so it's time for people like you to put up any real evidence you have which is what? Sweet fanny adams. It seems obvious you hate Thailand......so let me ask you do you actually live here? If you do why?

If the Thai police are really that bad how come clowns like you can come on here and spout trash and nothing be done about it?

It's about time you and your clan of trolls faced the fact you are talking garbage and the real criminals are already in custody.

Edited by Tanlic

Convincing to who, a two year old?

Isn't it charming how some people that have been "fighting" for the families and the victims turn on a dime and take a dump on them as soon as they are shown to be misguided, to put it very delicately?

Try to read the statement from the parents again:

"We also support the work the defense team are doing in Thailand"

and

"Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case"

Does that sound like someone, who has been convinced by the excellent work of the RTP??

I am sure, the parents don't want two scapegoats to pay the ultimate price, for a crime they didn't commit.

So no, we haven't turned on a dime!! We are still supporting the parents in their fight to bring the real culprits to justice!!

What makes you think the family want your support you fool..... what you are doing is helping no one and causing massive harm to Thailand as a country with your trolling and totally unfounded claims.

And now you have hit on some people's real goal and motives.

"The mark of a man is not being afraid to admit he is wrong. "

Agreed. And before we go saying that other people are wrong let's take a little time and get some perspective. This is one article from the family and hardly damning evidence. coffee1.gif

It is statements from groups of people who are much much more informed on the case than any of us and who don't have any ulterior motives beyond seeing the right people held responsible for this crime. It is from people with first hand information from UK authorities who have examined both the validity of the case as well as the evidence in the case. Why don't we stop trying to find ways to discount the importance of these statements.

But you are right -- damning evidence would be the suspects semen found in the victim.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn