UK pensions-life certificate

Received life cert letter from uk pension on the 26th last month filled in and sent back by EMS 28th got to wolverhamton on the 4th this month signed for by Mr Purcell but in the mean time sent 8 emails to Newcastle to inform them that's its on the way and what to do next if anything but to date no reply back from my emails you would think they would reply ??????? and I have tried different e-mail addresses but nothing ????? if I don't get my pension this month will be pissed of big time with the uk pensions

Maybe they have got better things to do with their time!

Surely you can be satisfied Mike that you have your EMS acknowledgement.

The chances of it not getting scanned to Newcastle are so remote that it is not worth spending time on. In the unlikeliest event that your pension is not received on the due date you phone them and the pension will be immediately reinstated.

I have just posted mine 'normal-airmail' cost me 17thb. I have send an e-mail to [email protected] asking can you let me know if it arrives (alsoincluded a scan of the form) ... the manager (well his card said Vice President of the Branch - very posh title! - a nice guy) at CIMB signed the form for me.

If they stop my 'small' gov pension for a few weeks it won't make any difference ... I'll get it sometime ... anyway at the current gbp-thb exchange rate I won't be doing any money transfers for a while and will wait and see what happens to this rate.

• Like 2

Several people have reported receiving these since April. Suitable (free/inexpensive) counter-signatories include Posties, Bank managers, Plod or similar uniformed positions, or suitably qualified expats in the community inc holders of documented awards.

Re Post: Bar- coded mail is as good as EMS @ only 10-15% of the price.

HTH

My plod was expensive at 3 cold cans of Leo but still cheap at the price.

I sent my form back ordinary air mail for 17 baht and I kept the receipt. I will call them in about 3 weeks time to see if it got there.

• Like 1

Yesterdays reply to my email after posting the form off.

With regards to your email dated 11th July 2016.

I can advise you the department has recently changed the time limit on the life certificate accounts, from 8 weeks to 16, this means that you have until the 2nd of October for the document to be returned within the department.

I have made note on your records to inform you via email once we have processed your life certificate.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Yesterdays reply to my email after posting the form off.

With regards to your email dated 11th July 2016.

I can advise you the department has recently changed the time limit on the life certificate accounts, from 8 weeks to 16, this means that you have until the 2nd of October for the document to be returned within the department.

I have made note on your records to inform you via email once we have processed your life certificate.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Good reply and pro active on the email notification.

i dont know if anyone has the same thoughts as me.?

how nice of our goverment to send us this form every yr. we have to fill it in and get it certified by a profesional person of good character to let them know we are still alive and kicking,then send it back to them.yes it is not tooooooo much bother BUT as we are on old age pensions that are FROZEN how about refunding the 7-8 quid it is costing us.it could be taken off the tax i just paid the gov.[uK]

meatboy alive and moaning.

Sent mine back Monday by registered post. For my own piece of mind I have emailed Newcastle and told them it is on its way and asked them to inform me once it has been received and actioned. I have just received the following reply.

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have noted your records when your Life Certificate has been cleared we will contact you by e-mail to confirm this.

Regards.

What email address did you use? thanks

Smart thinking Khastan, and I will do the same, so I too would appreciate the email address used.

Sent mine back Monday by registered post. For my own piece of mind I have emailed Newcastle and told them it is on its way and asked them to inform me once it has been received and actioned. I have just received the following reply.

I have noted your records when your Life Certificate has been cleared we will contact you by e-mail to confirm this.

Regards.

Smart thinking Khastan, and I will do the same, so I too would appreciate the email address used.

The one I used was '[email protected]'

I also put copies of the completed form on the email, not as an attachment.

• Like 1

Regards.

The one I used was '[email protected]'

I also put copies of the completed form on the email, not as an attachment.

Just to repeat an earlier post from someone (not sometime!)................... the DWP do not accept email scans of the Life Certificates.

Odd, I accept, as they are happy to create work receiving and responding to expat emails.

It would be far simpler if they had a central email to receive these back. It would save 17 Baht, a trip to the PO and would we have an audit trail - you can't lose an email.

At the moment we have no idea whether the forms make it back to Wolverhampton and/or get processed until your pension is stopped - or we create work by asking them to send an email confirming receipt.

Automate it........... it is hardly life or death!

• Like 1

Totally agree but emails or fax are not secure method of transmission according to the DWP.

Have just checked and according to Thailand's post track and trace for registered post my completed life certificate was delivered successfully to WV1, which I presume is a shortened version of the Wolverhampton post code on the 12th July. I was under the impression that things sent by registered post had to be signed for upon receipt but the track and trace says no signature. I now wait with bated breath to receive the email from Newcastle confirming clearance.

Totally agree but emails or fax are not secure method of transmission according to the DWP.

I now wait with bated breath to receive the email from Newcastle confirming clearance.

................. and yet, ironically,............ you are waiting for an email from THEM! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Regards.

Sorry for late reply addressed used was [email protected] good luck.

• Like 1

I now wait with bated breath to receive the email from Newcastle confirming clearance.

................. and yet, ironically,............ you are waiting for an email from THEM! biggrin.png

Yes but that's only to me and I am not considered important like they are!

• Like 1

Regards.

Sorry for late reply addressed used was [email protected] good luck.

Thanks Khastan. I also thanked Sometime earlier but my reply was lost in cyberspace!

Received life cert letter from uk pension on the 26th last month filled in and sent back by EMS 28th got to wolverhamton on the 4th this month signed for by Mr Purcell but in the mean time sent 8 emails to Newcastle to inform them that's its on the way and what to do next if anything but to date no reply back from my emails you would think they would reply ??????? and I have tried different e-mail addresses but nothing ????? if I don't get my pension this month will be pissed of big time with the uk pensions

The chances of it not getting scanned to Newcastle are so remote that it is not worth spending time on. In the unlikeliest event that your pension is not received on the due date you phone them and the pension will be immediately reinstated.

Sent my life cert back via EMS as above and after sending a few e-mails got this e-mail back today

(According to EMS was received at wolverhamton on the 4th just sent back e-mail telling them to recheck and scanned copy of EMS tracking report and copies of life cert I find this unbelievable must be a better way ???????? )

Thank you for contacting Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) with your email dated 29/06/2016

To date, your Life Certificate has not been received. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are not able to accept the Life Certificate by fax

Yours Sincerely

David

Edited by MikeandDow

Sent my life cert back via EMS as above and after sending a few e-mails got this e-mail back today

(According to EMS was received at wolverhamton on the 4th just sent back e-mail telling them to recheck and scanned copy of EMS tracking report and copies of life cert I find this unbelievable must be a better way ???????? )

Thank you for contacting Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) with your email dated 29/06/2016

To date, your Life Certificate has not been received. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are not able to accept the Life Certificate by fax

Yours Sincerely

David

Ooooh! That is slightly worrying.

Having suggested that one should feel safe with the EMS receipt, it is a concern that the Life Certificate has not been recorded 9 days after receipt in Wolverhampton.

Good luck with your follow up.

how nice of our goverment to send us this form every yr. we have to fill it in and get it certified by a profesional person of good character to let them know we are still alive and kicking,then send it back to them.yes it is not tooooooo much bother BUT as we are on old age pensions that are FROZEN how about refunding the 7-8 quid it is costing us.it could be taken off the tax i just paid the gov.[uK]

£7 to £8.

You are having a laugh aren't you.

Mine cost me 3 cans of cold Leo, 120 baht (it should have been 4 but my wife nicked one) plus 17 baht for postage

£7 to £8.

You are having a laugh aren't you.

Mine cost me 3 cans of cold Leo, 120 baht (it should have been 4 but my wife nicked one) plus 17 baht for postage

8bottles of moose, lawyers fee,plus ems total not including transport to the P.O.360BHT.

as we are on the subject of sending mail back to the UK. has anyone been able to use the enclosed FREE POST envelope.no can do [mall korat]

Yours Sincerely

David

Just a thought but I wonder if the problem is anything to do with anything sent by EMS definitely requires a signature upon delivery. My registered letter to Wolverhampton was delivered successfully but it stated no signature on the track and trace.

Yours Sincerely

David

Just a thought but I wonder if the problem is anything to do with anything sent by EMS definitely requires a signature upon delivery. My registered letter to Wolverhampton was delivered successfully but it stated no signature on the track and trace. Another thought. If according to one member once received at Wolverhampton they are then scanned and sent to Newcastle. How is this allowed when we can use neither for sending our Life Certificates back. I can only presume that they have secure fax and email systems.

Progress and common sence should in time see this eventually being conducted via live video link in a matter of minutes.

Isn't that what technology is all about?

The problem I can see with that is the time zone difference.

Absolutely brilliant idea. Has for time difference. Just send an email to client asking to be near computer at a certain time. A five minute, free to them Skype interview confirming details they have on file, show passport photo matches client talking, job done and the cost next to nothing for the taxpayer. On this subject I would love to know what the cost/ benefits are of this exercise the way it is done at present.

• Like 2

Passport, election register entry and / or drivers licence details will enhance the above when the restrictions currently imposed upon geographic location are quietly lifted as part of the brexit process.

(Brits living in the EU cannot seriously expect a free pass unless the RoW are included!)

Edited by evadgib

Progress and common sence should in time see this eventually being conducted via live video link in a matter of minutes.

Isn't that what technology is all about?

The problem I can see with that is the time zone difference.

Absolutely brilliant idea. Has for time difference. Just send an email to client asking to be near computer at a certain time. A five minute, free to them Skype interview confirming details they have on file, show passport photo matches client talking, job done and the cost next to nothing for the taxpayer. On this subject I would love to know what the cost/ benefits are of this exercise the way it is done at present.

Don't think this will ever happen the pension dept can not handle e-mail or post this is the second e-mail I have received from them

concerning life cert I sent via EMS first time see pervious post I e-mailed them back giving a scan of the EMS report tracking number and the postal details this is what I got back today

To: [email protected]

Subject: MB DWP REPLY DOYLE ‏‏‏

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 13:41:12 +0000

Dear Mr Doyle

Thank you for contacting Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) with your email dated 6 July 2016.

We have no record of your Life Certificate being received into our Wolverhampton Mail Opening Unit

If you have the tracking number for this item of post, can you please supply it to us so we can urgently trace it at our end?

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours Sincerely

Mark

00144 191 2187777

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

this is my reply Again

I think you guys need to get your act together, I have already given you the complete tracking history ref E-mail I sent you 13/7/16 Again I will supply you tracking Number, sent to wolverhamton on the 29/06/16 via EMS received at wolverhamton on the 4/7/16 see attached report in pdf and word EMS Tracking number EE116381503TH

Now as far as I am concerned this life cert has been received by yourselves and I have complied with your requirements, I can not and will not be held responsible for your internal mail procedures.

Are these guys in the 21st century or back in the year dot ALL this could have been done via e-mail and if they are worried about security you can get secure server access

• Like 1

We can but hope that sometime in the future they will move into the 21st century and adopt a more up to date method of proving if a person is alive or dead. I see they are asking you for a tracking number and all the transit details despite the fact you have given them all these details already in a previous email. That is very worrying development. If the cannot find something sent by a secure method like EMS just how do you prove you have sent your Life Certificate back. For the life of me I still cannot understand why they have changed the rules and now no longer allow faxed completed Life Certificates. Previously in my case I had confirmation that they had received and actioned my certificate the day after sending the fax. So much easier but above all it puts the recipient of the pension at ease that they will be no blip in his or her future pension payments.. This time Life Certificate was received at Wolverhampton on the 12th July and I am still waiting for an email telling me it has been received at Newcastle.

We can but hope that sometime in the future they will move into the 21st century and adopt a more up to date method of proving if a person is alive or dead. I see they are asking you for a tracking number and all the transit details despite the fact you have given them all these details already in a previous email. That is very worrying development. If the cannot find something sent by a secure method like EMS just how do you prove you have sent your Life Certificate back. For the life of me I still cannot understand why they have changed the rules and now no longer allow faxed completed Life Certificates. Previously in my case I had confirmation that they had received and actioned my certificate the day after sending the fax. So much easier but above all it puts the recipient of the pension at ease that they will be no blip in his or her future pension payments.. This time Life Certificate was received at Wolverhampton on the 12th July and I am still waiting for an email telling me it has been received at Newcastle.

Just a thought but I reckon even at my age I could walk to Newcastle-on-Tyne from Wolverhampton in a week!