My feelings about Thailand

roego

OK bena ...no problem. Just use the k word carefully.

And I mean that as a fellow xpat . Enjoy your night. I'm sitting at plaza town bkk with the outdoor beer garden and good music. Having giggle about people complianing about los. Cheers.

Correct quote - in the land of the blind.....the man with one eye is k

I don't think he meant it like the one eyed cat peeking at the seafood store (saying bye bye) of song imortality...

Edited by pgrahmm

OK bena ...no problem. Just use the k word carefully.

And I mean that as a fellow xpat . Enjoy your night. I'm sitting at plaza town bkk with the outdoor beer garden and good music. Having giggle about people complianing about los. Cheers.

Say hello to Noi for me. Thanks.

If you are done with Thailand, why bother to post on TV?

Do you expect those who love it here to join you?

Bye bye!

The post is an effort to communicate the issues that have driven the OP away from returning to Thailand, I would imagine his hope is that some Thai people read TV and will pass around the information to their friends and that maybe the information could influence a change for the better.

In Thailand there is a lack of respect for farang and because the police use any issue they can insert themselves into with a farang as a money grab, stealing from the farang is in effect sanctioned by the government. Many are frustrated with the situation and for a lot people the low cost of living, interesting culture and the pretty girls are not enough to keep them returning.

Stealing, lack of respect, double pricing, police shakedowns, bad attitude immigration officers, a lot of us put up with it because we like living in Thailand but having to worry about were the next scam is going to come from is tedious, its a constant reminder that we have left our first world living standards behind and are now living in a third world country.

• Like 2

Bye bye!

The post is an effort to communicate the issues that have driven the OP away from returning to Thailand, I would imagine his hope is that some Thai people read TV and will pass around the information to their friends and that maybe the information could influence a change for the better.

In Thailand there is a lack of respect for farang and because the police use any issue they can insert themselves into with a farang as a money grab, stealing from the farang is in effect sanctioned by the government. Many are frustrated with the situation and for a lot people the low cost of living, interesting culture and the pretty girls are not enough to keep them returning.

Stealing, lack of respect, double pricing, police shakedowns, bad attitude immigration officers, a lot of us put up with it because we like living in Thailand but having to worry about were the next scam is going to come from is tedious, its a constant reminder that we have left our first world living standards behind and are now living in a third world country.

Not just with Farang apparently. My ex-girlfriend's daughter was tragically killed in a motorcycle crash some years ago. I'm led to believe that there were no Farangs around to extort money from but the local police in Issan demanded several thousand Baht from the family to process the paperwork and allow a funeral to take place. The family are an average working Issan bunch, lovely people with very little money to their names.

So the police even rip their own countrymen and women off! angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6HzEDnCl

Edited by VBF

First of all you either love Thailand along with their BS and all or you don't. You either shut up, observe, go with the flow and enjoy laughing your ass off at some of these things or you pack your bags and F*** Off, period.

We all see all the BS going around but then we should also keep in mind we're in another country as a quest. I also personally think if it wasn't for some "Thainess" cheesy.gif present this would have been a damn <deleted>**ing boring place !!!! thumbsup.gif

Halalua your Thainess !!!!

• Like 1

Bye bye!

Not just with Farang apparently. My ex-girlfriend's daughter was tragically killed in a motorcycle crash some years ago. I'm led to believe that there were no Farangs around to extort money from but the local police in Issan demanded several thousand Baht from the family to process the paperwork and allow a funeral to take place. The family are an average working Issan bunch, lovely people with very little money to their names.

So the police even rip their own countrymen and women off! angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6HzEDnCl

They would not try this crap when my Thai lady is around believe me they WILL come second. I'm in fact very lucky in this respect as she takes NO BS from anyone specially if I were the one in the process of being ripped off. I have seen her a few times " correcting " some Thais when I pay for something as a farang but 95% of times it's like they can "read" her beforehand and would not even bother as they get "the ting tong look with no words" from her... Anyway I keep it simple by not getting involved in their Thai to Thai understanding. clap2.gif

Oh yes if I may add something she does by the way work for the department of justice... and never in my life seen such a small and petite little lady taking no BS !!!!

Edited by CapeThai
  • Like 1

Bye bye!

How sad, they use even the most sacred situation the death of a child as an opportunity for a shake down, very sorry to hear about that.

Bye bye!

How sad, they use even the most sacred situation the death of a child as an opportunity for a shake down, very sorry to hear about that.

I was amazed when I heard about it....sadly I'm no longer even surprised! sad.png

Bye bye!

They would not try this crap when my Thai lady is around believe me they WILL come second. I'm in fact very lucky in this respect as she takes NO BS from anyone specially if I were the one in the process of being ripped off. I have seen her a few times " correcting " some Thais when I pay for something as a farang but 95% of times it's like they can "read" her beforehand and would not even bother as they get "the ting tong look with no words" from her... Anyway I keep it simple by not getting involved in their Thai to Thai understanding. clap2.gif

Oh yes if I may add something she does by the way work for the department of justice... and never in my life seen such a small and petite little lady taking no BS !!!!

You're a lucky man, if I may say so! wai2.gif

Bye bye!

Your post shows probably why there are many foreigners who are able to see through the veneer of Thailands hierarchical society and dare to regularly mention it, while met with "you pud maag's", , to the people in their direct social thai environment. Like with the Koh Tao murder, i feel sorry for the thai people that they dare not stand up themselves because they are the real victims.

Mai pen rai, i guess.

Cant disagree with you more about experiences in Cambodia. I spent several months there a few years ago, trying unsuccessfully to make it as a bar owner. Corruption and payoffs were rampant as were the thefts by the local gals working my bar. The city was what I called a dead zone. I likened it to Pol Pot killing the spirit of the country along with 2,000,000 minoirity residents he is said to have killed. The final straw was when a underged girl was brought to my bar and posed dancing on the bar top with the bar logo clerly visible in the photos. The cops came back thee next day and told me I had 72 hours to be gone from their counrty. I was more than happy to oblige. Now I am having similar thoughts about the treatment I have to endure as a foreigner, married to a Thai and always getting ripped off for everything we purchase because her ID card has a Farang last name. This treatment by business owners has just about sapped the life and spirit out of me and I too wonder if I will go back to Thailand other than to visit my wife every year or two. I have given up on my dream of retiring there for many reasons, not the least of which is no health care insurance and not enough money to cover hospitilaization long term. I love the people of Thailand but am tired of being taken advantage of because I am foreign. I wish you well.

discoverd Laos and Cambodia. And generall have found the Cmabodia to be the nicest most courteous people in Asia.

Bet you said the same thing after your first visit to Thailand as well. As the old saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt". Looking forward to your updated posts about Laos and Cambodia in a few years! coffee1.gif

Couldn't agree more with Gecko - 'BigFarang1948' sounds like another one of those guys who couldn't figure things out, and consequently blames an entire country and culture for his own flaws and failures.

Hint: thousands of others do well, and don't have your kind of problems, both in Thailand and Cambodia. So, obviously, it ain't the others..

Just a side note on the rubbish posted about double pricing... Thai travel on trains free ...example Kanchanaburri to bkk Zero for my gf. 100 baht for me Mr Farang. Boo hoo ...you big sooks. Go back to farang world and pay 10 times that. Get with programme or go home

Crikey M8 for all ya ranting about how u never moan your the only miserable old git who has managed to have 2

ranting posts back to back.

I award you ☆☆☆☆☆ 5 star General hypocrite award LOL....

First of all you either love Thailand along with their BS and all or you don't. You either shut up, observe, go with the flow and enjoy laughing your ass off at some of these things or you pack your bags and F*** Off, period.

We all see all the BS going around but then we should also keep in mind we're in another country as a quest. I also personally think if it wasn't for some "Thainess" cheesy.gif present this would have been a damn <deleted>**ing boring place !!!! thumbsup.gif

Halalua your Thainess !!!!

This is what Beer Chang does to you. Look and learn.

Cant disagree with you more about experiences in Cambodia. I spent several months there a few years ago, trying unsuccessfully to make it as a bar owner. Corruption and payoffs were rampant as were the thefts by the local gals working my bar. The city was what I called a dead zone. I likened it to Pol Pot killing the spirit of the country along with 2,000,000 minoirity residents he is said to have killed. The final straw was when a underged girl was brought to my bar and posed dancing on the bar top with the bar logo clerly visible in the photos. The cops came back thee next day and told me I had 72 hours to be gone from their counrty. I was more than happy to oblige. Now I am having similar thoughts about the treatment I have to endure as a foreigner, married to a Thai and always getting ripped off for everything we purchase because her ID card has a Farang last name. This treatment by business owners has just about sapped the life and spirit out of me and I too wonder if I will go back to Thailand other than to visit my wife every year or two. I have given up on my dream of retiring there for many reasons, not the least of which is no health care insurance and not enough money to cover hospitilaization long term. I love the people of Thailand but am tired of being taken advantage of because I am foreign. I wish you well.

You're equating your troubles running a girlie bar to Pol Pot killing 2,000,000 people????

It felt like all the blood drained out of my body when I read this sentence.

Drama Queen !!

Your ignorance of history is showing.

"I really do wonder if the Moderators might consider setting up a Sub Forum on here for the people who have, in my opinion, a problem with Thailand."

Few posts would appear anywhere else. Most posters have a problem with Thailand - the police, women, the law, women, visas, women prices, women, bribes, women...

• Like 1

"I really do wonder if the Moderators might consider setting up a Sub Forum on here for the people who have, in my opinion, a problem with Thailand."

Few posts would appear anywhere else. Most posters have a problem with Thailand - the police, women, the law, women, visas, women prices, women, bribes, women...

To include people like yourself would round it off ...... coffee1.gif

Because their real purpose is to beat down and disrupt....can't do that when you can't snipe positive post & everyone agrees about how terrible they all think it is....malcontents...

• Like 1

Once again a member posts his thoughts on an open forum and gets slated, his thoughts he is entitled to them, I agree with most of what he says, my opinion and thoughts. Went to Pattaya for 4 days, that's all I could stand, empty bars, girls with bad attitude, to many men in frocks, Same goes for hua him, spent 5 days there, same there many empty bars, bad attitudes and expensive pricing. We. The wife and I think the real Thailand is in the provinces. You still get smiles from Thai , Burmies and the rest, Thailand has big problems most peopl can see this, bad roads, police . Racism, double pricing, bad education and ignorance, they spend billions of baht on building. Again my thoughts, probably from money laudaring. The new shopping centres springing up around Thailand with great marbel halls, mostly empty with top of the range goods mostly copy's. And you still have to wipe your arse and put the paper in a cheap plastic bucket next to the toilet, yes this will realy attract the upper class international holiday makers and globe hoppers, not,, ps I like Thailand but I am just disappointed with her.

Guess you haven't been in some of the toilets like in Station 21 at Asok Skytrain stop similar to upper Euro with bidet namely washes womens vagina or rear end with warm water then blows dry each area. Guys can just opt for the rear end washing smile.png

I'm a city boy , if you can live in Nachon Nowhere in Thailand then Cambodia should be no problem but if you like modern comforts Thailand beats its neighbors hands down. The other areas will probably catch up 10---15 years if ASEAN polices take affect.

• 2 weeks later...

I was feeling rather "jaded" about living in Thailand too until I spent 2-days in Mandalay...that was enough to reset the appreciation for my living arrangement back in LOS.

But then again I live up North and out of the tourist traps where the friction between Thai and farang is most likely very palpable.