Vehicle Mainance

Skypattaya

Be very careful in Pattaya with oil and filter changes . I was a victim of a business that charged us for the service and it didn't happen. I even marked the oil filter with 20 key marks because I smelled a rat.

Do not take your vehicle anywhere you can't watch what they're doing. Take your ignition key and make 20 cross marks on the oil filter.

I would sure want other input and hopfully a reliable car shop.

Why do 20 marks?

One simple cross would do.

Agree,finding reliable service in Pattaya isn't easy.Used a recommended guy on here for service and a few parts that needed changing.

10k kilos later track rod ends worn out again went to local guy where I'm now staying he showed me the crap quality parts that had been fiitted and showed me the japanese pattern parts he was going to fit,The difference in quality was apparent at a glance light duty against heavy duty and the parts were cheaper.This isn't just a thai thing find this nearly everytwhere.

• Like 1

In some cases it is better not to trust main dealers. I posted about 5 years ago where my gf took my Vigo to the main dealer in a large town North of Pattaya. Car would hardly run, so I asked for the work sheet. They fobbed me off with a photocopy of a genuine service from another Vigo, but numbers didn't add up. So I showed them the phone number of the Main Office in Bangkok. Full refund plus they replaced the plug to the ECU which had been left out

If you mark the filter in some way, how do you know they don't just replace it with a used (but unscratched) filter from another vehicle?

Changing a filter and oil is so difficult it can be done by a chimp that's had a frontal lobotomy - buy the kit and do it yourself if you have a fear of being scammed.