American found dead in Bangkok condo

webfact

R.I.P. to this deceased young man. All the Police investigators have to do is access the Thai Visa Forum for possible reasons and scenarios for his untimely death by all the Inspector Clouseau's here. Cause of death will be solved and case closed in no time flat.

You ever make a police report in Thailand or Cambodia over a theft? They will tell you they don't believe your story. So what makes you think that they will believe you died by the hands of another? To them foreigners are liars so why think any different with a dead one. Suicide... Less paperwork.

do they dust for prints here? could probably find the perps prints on the door. thais would not be smart enough to wipe them clear.

my guess was he was partying with a group and they left him there when he overdosed. it would be hard to introduce drugs into his system if it was foul play, though its possible for a professional.

This is not a suicide.

Found dead and no witnesses : check

Wife absent : check

white powder: check

balcony : check

no suicide note : check

The police can start their investigation now.

Take care then.

He's not a foreigner, he's Thai. Can't you tell from the fractured English?

He also doesn't realise how many stupid people are indigenous here ...

Do you think he works for the Ministry of Disinformation ? Just FYI, sonny, 1984 was 30 years ago - we Westerners don't need to be told how to think - it's inbred into us ...

You ever make a police report in Thailand or Cambodia over a theft? They will tell you they don't believe your story. So what makes you think that they will believe you died by the hands of another? To them foreigners are liars so why think any different with a dead one. Suicide... Less paperwork.

Suicide, accidental overdose, chronic abuse, heart condition. That is always the official reasons for dead farangs here. Once in a while they find a burmese scapegoat.

And what are you think it should be the reason for dead,smart person !?!?

Maybe youre right about this guy. I dont know of course. But the police gives us the suicide explanation thru media without an autopsy or investigation everytime.

Dont you think we hear too often about farangs bring upon their own death without some sort of assistance here in Bangkok?

If you live in Thailand for a while, you do not recognized how many stupid foreigners come here and live there crazy live,some pay that with there live!!!

Also, allot of the time it's poor reporting from the news outlet. They don't wait for the police to give them information and make their own assumptions. I blame the reporters more than the police.

Thonglor is a bit far.. Soi thonglor is suk 55. 20 is more like asoke. Bit too close to the touristy hotel areas to name the correct area. Makes you doubt the report straight off the bat. But that's probably all we will hear of the death. Poor bastard too young to die -rip.

Sukh 20 belongs to Thonglor Police Station district. That's likely why they call it that.

• Like 1

catch a nap. you're way out of the loop.

They instantly know it's suicide without even indicating the means,

but they can't tell what the "powdery white substance" is before going to the media.

This country is run by children.

I have used those exact words hundreds if times in my 10 years here...
  • Like 1

White powder, most likely cocaine, which is fairly well known for its ability to induce a heart attack.

Or possibly a mix up at the dealer and it was heroin and sold as coke. I know of 2 guys this happened to here, one woke up in hospital, the other never woke up.

seriously don't people either label stuff or taste test it first..... like taste testing a wine before taking the bottle after reading its label. That team goal right there.

Take care then.

He's not a foreigner, he's Thai. Can't you tell from the fractured English?

He also doesn't realise how many stupid people are indigenous here ...

Do you think he works for the Ministry of Disinformation ? Just FYI, sonny, 1984 was 30 years ago - we Westerners don't need to be told how to think - it's inbred into us ...

Are you serious no one else going to point out 1984 is not from 1984 or even related to said number and I am sorry to say, I'm disagree entirely regarding inbreeding being the source of western thinking ability (supposed). Now I don't know how your family and friends roll with life, but I Can assure you all the people I know or have met, i've yet to come accross an inbred one yet.

And that leaves three more statements you made,... lets see, it was the mInistry of Truth in 1984

I guess indigenous applies.... i'll accept it.

A meet a lot of foreigners who use fractured english.... most of the world doesn't speak english, so I'd not use that yardstick to figure out the thais from the foreigners. your just assuming.

overall i rate your post a 0

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I like how BKKBobby said it here. There is no question reading these forum comments for even a few days does seem to get redundant. Several of these "old hands" who answer every forum thread seem to spend their whole day sitting by a computer getting the first word in on most new threads - often with the same one note song to sing. It is the same over at BKK Post where a handful of people seem to treat the Post Bag section like their hobby with a goal to get a letter-to-the-editor "published" every day if they can. The limited space keeps that under control. As an amateur media critic with training in how and when to keep my mouth shut as a foreigner in a host country, this is all quite amusing. So, tell me again (and again, and again) what we all are assumed to just know about Thai police and Thai government etc.

Some like to repeat decade after decade in the hope that the penny will drop , however the drop out rate is also high and seeing you know all about media you will know the attention span is limited from the Thai perspective, that's why my friend repetitive strain syndrome kicks in each day.

It wasn't 'murder' why would anyone plan such a sophesticated hit on an NGO worker? considering that luxury millenial condo has tight security, they can check survalence cams for anyone who was on that florr around that time, heroin overdose is the most likly.. Never tried heroin, horror stories like this is the reason.. I can't beleive people who take a drug like this where you have to stab yourself with an injection needle and hope you didn't take too much, no drug is woth tthat..

Thai law does not pursue nor punish evil Thai women who destroy their living ATM'S.

So even when his lady has driven him into his death, she will not be arrested.

this naturally cannot be mentioned in the news. So it is suicide. Clear to me.

I may have missed something ; where do you get the idea that his wife is Thai? From "returned to the US"?

• Like 1

First place to check. The wife. Especially an absent one.

Yup. It must be the wife; she left several weeeks ago, then hired a hitman from home to off her hubby for partying with friends and unknown white substance. Suicide makes it nice and tidy for the coroner and cops, doesn't it?

I'm not following... the police and the news report have mentioned suicide at all or even alluded to it. Where are you getting this suicide thing from?

Also, allot of the time it's poor reporting from the news outlet. They don't wait for the police to give them information and make their own assumptions. I blame the reporters more than the police.

That would be 'A LOT'. I've read this before on the net from someone like you (I bet you are the same person with a different nik on a different forum) who does't know the difference between 'a lot' (meaning 'many of') and 'allot' which means 'to divide into shares in a certain proportion'. Sheesh kebab, man, I bet you REALLY are the same as the other idiot who doesn't know English. Yank, are you? I suspect so ...

verb (used with object), allotted, allotting.
to divide or distribute by share or portion; distribute or parcel out;apportion:
to allot the available farmland among the settlers.
to appropriate for a special purpose:
to allot money for a park.
to assign as a portion; set apart; dedicate.