My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

Just sold my 3 year-old Ranger 2.2 XLT with 60k on the clock and traded up for a new Wildtrak 3.2 4x4.

The only problem I had with the former was a bad battery from stock (which I replaced out-of-warranty). So apart from that and the cost of all the diesel, the oil and filters from 4 services, a new tire after I buggered one up on road accident debris and all the car washes, I managed to get 450,000 baht for it (cost me 808,000 baht on the road in 2012).

I am looking forward to at least another 3 years and/or 60,000 km of comfortable and economical driving.

losing 358,000 Baht in 2 years or so is economical? :P

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sold my 3 year-old Ranger 2.2 XLT with 60k on the clock and traded up for a new Wildtrak 3.2 4x4.

The only problem I had with the former was a bad battery from stock (which I replaced out-of-warranty). So apart from that and the cost of all the diesel, the oil and filters from 4 services, a new tire after I buggered one up on road accident debris and all the car washes, I managed to get 450,000 baht for it (cost me 808,000 baht on the road in 2012).

I am looking forward to at least another 3 years and/or 60,000 km of comfortable and economical driving.

losing 358,000 Baht in 2 years or so is economical? tongue.png

I mentioned in another thread that the true value is probably at least 100k baht more but that aint gonna happen.

It's the Thai second-hand car market. We don't have a dog in that fight. It is what it is.

Ford called me yesterday and confirmed that I was a new Ranger owner and it was my second Ranger in 3 years. As a loyalty award, they are giving me free services for 3 years.

So I will tack that onto the freebies that the saleslady already gave me.

Ford called me yesterday and confirmed that I was a new Ranger owner and it was my second Ranger in 3 years. As a loyalty award, they are giving me free services for 3 years.

So I will tack that onto the freebies that the saleslady already gave me.

The shock of a repeat buyer resonated pretty high up in the Ford heirarchy? tongue.png

You'd be lucky to get a "oh you again" from Toyota :D

Edited by IMHO

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone, OP here

the truck now have 60KM, still working perfectly, no issues. Just wanted to chime in. thanks again!!

Keep on truckin

Good news:) A decent truck should go 300-400K kms with no issues as long as it is well maintained.

Edited by DavisH

Hello Everyone, OP here

the truck now have 60KM, still working perfectly, no issues. Just wanted to chime in. thanks again!!

Keep on truckin

Good news:) A decent truck should go 300-400K kms with no issues as long as it is well maintained.

Still a bit early as the Ranger was only release a bit over 4 years ago but I reckon if one got 100k out of it without issue that would be a good thing but does not seem all that common though.

Hello Everyone, OP here

Keep on truckin

Still a bit early as the Ranger was only release a bit over 4 years ago but I reckon if one got 100k out of it without issue that would be a good thing but does not seem all that common though.

105k on my 4 year old now, 2nd battery went in couple months back, still on original rubber and just the standard services. Not a single problem :)

Hello Everyone, OP here

Keep on truckin

105k on my 4 year old now, 2nd battery went in couple months back, still on original rubber and just the standard services. Not a single problem smile.png

Yours is a 2011 (J97) model isn't it ?

Like this one

ford-pk-ranger-wildtrak.jpg

Hello Everyone, OP here

Keep on truckin

105k on my 4 year old now, 2nd battery went in couple months back, still on original rubber and just the standard services. Not a single problem smile.png

Yours is a 2011 (J97) model isn't it ?

Like this one

ford-pk-ranger-wildtrak.jpg

No, mines the white model :)

No, mines the white model smile.png

Ok but the model is correct..... One would hope all the bugs have been sorted from a vehicle that effectively had a lifespan from 19961 to 2011.

The Ranger I was talking about is the newer version which had many issues, Issues which hopefully Ford have sorted out with the facelift model coming.

Ok but the model is correct..... One would hope all the bugs have been sorted from a vehicle that effectively had a lifespan from 19961 to 2011.

The Ranger I was talking about is the newer version which had many issues, Issues which hopefully Ford have sorted out with the facelift model coming.

Just kidding...

Yup, that's why I bought it, plus they were offering 0% finance on the old stock :)

Not interested in new release models...

The T6/PX Ranger had many issues? Really?

If there were many issues, I am pretty sure they would have gone way beyond the remodeled interior and new grille on the 2015 makeover.

If there were many issues, I am pretty sure they would have gone way beyond the remodeled interior and new grille on the 2015 makeover.

new ECU and new drivetrain calibration on the 3.2 Ranger as well (Ford did not finger this new calibration like the last either). Iam sure there are other differences as well.

The minor change is a little more than just a remodeled interior and new grille ;)

Both engines have been revised - the 2.2L gains 10HP and 16% fuel savings. The 3.2L maintains it's output, but achieves 18% fuel savings. The suspension has been retuned for more comfort, while also improving handling. All models now have electric power steering, which improves FE and adjusts assistance with road speed. Inside there's now an 8" color touchscreen with Sync2, and another 2x 4" screens left/right of the speedo, etc.

The minor change is a little more than just a remodeled interior and new grille wink.png

Both engines have been revised - the 2.2L gains 10HP and 16% fuel savings. The 3.2L maintains it's output, but achieves 18% fuel savings. The suspension has been retuned for more comfort, while also improving handling. All models now have electric power steering, which improves FE and adjusts assistance with road speed. Inside there's now an 8" color touchscreen with Sync2, and another 2x 4" screens left/right of the speedo, etc.

Bugger! I should have waited 5 months.