The Duke's Christmas Dinner

JulieM

Now I am totally confused. Someone posted The Duke's Christmas dinner offer and the promotional image showed a price of 2,000 baht per person. However, on The Duke's Facebook page the meal is shown as costing 595 baht.

I must be missing something. Maybe these are different menus?

Dukes has a set menu.

The 2,000 baht is at the river market. It is plainly written on the posters.

They should have made me responsible for the posters, but than again I was mislead by the comment that LivinLOS shared with the poster. He made it sound like the only place Duke's was doing a Christmas dinner was at the Riverside location:

"Just called Dukes to make a booking for 8 or 10 of us..

Its not being held at the Dukes riverside this yeah, only at River Market.. Feels like a downgrade to me..

Price jumped from 1300 last year to 2000 this year.. Looks exactly the same menu ??"

Marketing for The Duke's would be better if the posters indicated that other locations were offering a set menu.

Edited by JulieM

Posters all over town clearly advertising the different options. I believe 495 Baht on the 24th at Night Bazaar location (I think no turkey but don't quote me), 595 Baht for turkey dinner, and 595 Baht on the 25th at Night Bazaar, Mae Ping and Promenada. Saw a number of posters today. Also it's all over facebook and most everybody uses facebook these days so nothing confusing at all.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

Posters all over town? I don't think so stinkrified. I'm all over the Nimmen area each day and nothing around here.

All over Facebook? Not coming up on my feed, even though I have "Liked" the Duke's page.

Facebook is sharing fewer and fewer feeds these days. They want you to pay for that exposure.

Now if I was in charge of marketing for Duke's, I'd have the ad run on Facebook but only in Chiang Mai and only to people who have previously "liked" The Duke's page.

Even the ad here on TV isn't holiday specific, that alone is incomprehensible to a marketing expert like myself, but maybe that is an issue with TV.

Edited by JulieM

Posters all over town? I don't think so stinkrified. I'm all over the Nimmen area each day and nothing around here.

All over Facebook? Not coming up on my feed, even though I have "Liked" the Duke's page.

Facebook is sharing fewer and fewer feeds these days. They want you to pay for that exposure.

Now if I was in charge of marketing for Duke's, I'd have the ad run on Facebook but only in Chiang Mai and only to people who have previously "liked" The Duke's page.

Even the ad here on TV isn't holiday specific, that alone is incomprehensible to a marketing expert like myself, but maybe that is an issue with TV.

You must be looking in all the wrong places. Must have seen 5 posters around town today and comes up just fine on facebook. Don't know about Thannon Nimmanhaeman even though I was there today I didn't look.

Julie,

Not about the Dukes deal but...about facebook

You know what you said is true many on FB complain now they reach an end of page/show more stories type deal

often these days

There is a good work around that gets you all the content.

Seems as you say FB is limiting it now claiming they try to figure what you want but

the reality could be as you say a pay to play type deal.

Anyway.....On the left of your FB home page there is something called "Interests"

Click it & create a list...you can call it anything...say "My List" for example

Next you edit it to have what you want. You will be given the choice of checking any pages

you already liked, following, friends etc....save it

Now when on your home page click that instead of using your home page &

it is not filtered/limited by FB so you see it all.

I'm sure FB will get around to closing this loophole but for now it remains useful.

Sorry to go Off Topic thought you might find it useful

Edited by mania

Mania, thanks. Yes, I do that for very select pages. Another way to find out if Dukes or anyone else has posted it to let your "mouse" hover of the "liked" button. If you leave the mouse there for a few seconds you will be presented with a menu allowing you to "receive notifications" if someone posts something.

I do this but only for pages that are of intense interest to me, otherwise the number of notifications can get out of hand.

• Like 2

electrified, I manage a Facebook page with over 15,000 "likes." Trust me, if I post something less than 6% of the people who have liked my page will see it, unless they ask to see every post I make. The 6% figure is well documented and it is going down.

This is why I think Duke's should invest a small some in FB ads for people living in CM who have already liked their page. But I am not an insider at the Duke's. It could be they easily hit their sales targets for the holidays and do not require any more advertising.

Edited by JulieM

Dukes has a set menu.

They should have made me responsible for the posters, but than again I was mislead by the comment that LivinLOS shared with the poster. He made it sound like the only place Duke's was doing a Christmas dinner was at the Riverside location:

Its not being held at the Dukes riverside this yeah, only at River Market.. Feels like a downgrade to me..

Price jumped from 1300 last year to 2000 this year.. Looks exactly the same menu ??"

Marketing for The Duke's would be better if the posters indicated that other locations were offering a set menu.

No where does it even suggest that Dukes is having a buffet. It is a set diner the same as the Italian one Ragu he has at the Promenada. Well the food will be a little different but none of them are a buffet except for the river market.

Do people think that because Jimmy Buffet owns a bunch of companies they all do the same thing?

You must be looking in all the wrong places. Must have seen 5 posters around town today and comes up just fine on facebook. Don't know about Thannon Nimmanhaeman even though I was there today I didn't look.

Also the posters were specific as to where the buffet would be. No mix up there.

northern dolly, yeah, I type too fast, don't proofread and my spelling is crappy. The problem with the poster is that it doesn't highlight that other Duke's venues are running a different promotion. This is easily rectified with a note in small text at the bottom of the poster.

notherndolly, once again, this is the post that caused the confusion. I agree it's not Duke's fault.

Price jumped from 1300 last year to 2000 this year.. Looks exactly the same menu ?? "

This year we've moved the buffet to The River Market. We've added some light jazz music starting at 3:30 and included a beverage. We are also doing some sushi and roast lamb as well as turkey, ham and prime rib. It promises to be a nice event and is still cheaper than any of the other hotel type buffets around.

So because we moved the buffet we are doing turkey and ham dinner at The Duke's locations on Christmas and on Christmas Eve at The Duke's on the river we are doing some nice specials.

When the posters and advertisement first came out they were a little confusing and so we changed them to make it clearer. Ragu is also doing a nice Christmas and Christmas Eve menu. We have been working on our web sites lately so no information there but check out our Facebook pages for information.

I've been looking for a social media person to work for the restaurants for some time now. Thai national.

Sorry about the confusion.

• Like 2

Dukes has a set menu.

If you read later in the thread.. You will see my surprise at the set dinner also..

I phoned the mae ping branch asking about the christmas options and was told that only the river market was doing it.. Not at the other branches this year.. I guess she assumed I meant the buffet version.

What was odd was I specifically said I wanted to eat at the mae ping location, not I wanted to eat at the river market or buffet, and was told the only option was the buffet.. Still it was the buffet we actually wanted.

notherndolly, once again, this is the post that caused the confusion. I agree it's not Duke's fault.

Price jumped from 1300 last year to 2000 this year.. Looks exactly the same menu ?? "

Suggest you finish reading the thread.