Transport to Royal Cliff and back in evenings

murga

Other than motorbike taxis, what are the transport options on this route for heading into town and back in the evenings?

Are there baht buses and/or regular taxis or do you have to make a private deal with a baht bus. Do they hang around the entrance of the RC in the evening waiting for passengers?

• Like 1

No regular trips. There are usually empty taxis and bahtbuses near the entrance to the Royal Cliff, or just down the hill near the Sheraton. I leave you to guess just how overpriced they must be.

Luckily it's a nice and fairly level walk from there to Pratumnak Rd. Or you can use your own transport like I do.

I stayed there in April, not got very positive suggestions im afraid, they were useless in the hotel literally would not book us a taxi and kept sending us to edge of the street to get taxi. There were baht bus there but got stung every time we got a lift.

I would try arrange something before hand, get a taxi drivers business card or a motorbike taxi number ...

I wouldtnt stay there again due to it being such hard work to get back/forth from hotel

Moto taxiboys won't go for less than 80 baht from around soi Pattayaland,

Baht buses sitting outside the gates of Royal Cliff try to charge 100, if Russian groups of 4 or so people, baht bus guys ask 200 -300, I often hear Russians commenting to each other 'Oh, great, that's nothing!' LOL

motoboys who hang around little down the road wont go to Royal Garden for less than 80.

I visit friends, who stay there, but I really hate to pay.

If you have a smartphone try Grabtaxi. Get the app from the play store. Cheaper than Songtaews and safer than motorbikes.

I have used them a few times around town now and never been less than impressed. Baht 84 for a trip that a Bhat Bush would charge 250 for.