Does anyone know how to get cheap calls to Thailand? Thanks :o

The numbers that i use from the uk are

Thai Mobile weekdays - 08707948178

Thai Mobiles weekends - 08445708178

just dial the number then 0066 and the numberyou are calling

Hope this helps

Regards

Theo

Does anyone know how to get cheap calls to Thailand?
Yes, I know. For cheap calls from Lesotho to Thailand, see here.

---------------

Maestro

Edit: Sorry, I got that wrong. That link is for calls to, not from, Lesotho. There appear to be no cheap calls available from Lesotho to Thailand.

Edited by maestro

I hate to sound like an advertisement here, but ever since I got Skype going, I use that. Skype Out is very cheap.

It works pretty well from Thailand to the US, etc., over my questionable broadband connection. If you have access to a computer connected to a good Internet connection, that's the way to go.

These days I wouldn't be surprised if some Internet cafe's don't offer the ability to use Skype Out. If yo u have an account you can log in from any comptuer running Skype (just be careful about protecting your user/password).

UC

Hope this helps

Regards

Theo

Cheers Mate :D

Hope this helps

Regards

Theo

Any idea how much this costs calling from a mobile from the UK?

Hope this helps

Regards

Theo

Any idea how much this costs calling from a mobile from the UK?

About £1.70 a minute (Approx)

recently returned from the uk where i was using

to call thailand for 1/2p , yes 1/2p per minute mobile to mobile

go to

loiol.co.uk

for full lists of companies (and prices) offering mobile to mobile , mobile to landline , landline to mobile calls

My wife buys these international calling cards that are sold everywhere here in the US. With a $5 card, she can call her family in Isaan (Nong BuaLamphu) and talk for about an hour. She's been using them for quite some time. I don't know why they are so cheap

I have been using www.dialwise.co.uk for a couple of years now, To call Thailand it costs 2 pence a minute to call a landline and only 1 pence a minute to call a mobile, all you do is call the access number first then the Thai number and it is billed straight to you’re BT bill, I am very happy with the service and would recommend it.

I use a internet phone card iDphone card.com Allows me to call from the US, Thai, either direction. from land lines, cells, pay phones , etc. 6 cents a minute.

The wife is paying 0.5 pence to udon mobile must say things have improved over the years, from posting a letter, two weeks each way if you were lucky. To talking most every day on the phone. (what do they find to chat about) :o

• 2 weeks later...

You can call thailand for free with voipdiscount.com - just need to make a 10 euro deposit - note rates do change but it is free now.

You should get your own uk number when making a deposit and then you can set up a forward to your thai destination. So if you have inclusive minutes on a mobile you use your inclusinve mintes for a call to your voip in number and then it is free to your thai destination.

There is a limit of 300 mins per week.

Also they are doing a call back now so if you want to set up a call from your home landline to the thai destination this can be done and will be free but will burn twice as many of your free minutes as there is a call from the voip co to you and to the thai destination.

Also for people in thailand you can call the uk for free.

This website compares current voip provider rates :

http://www.myvoipprovider.com/

• 2 weeks later...

http://loiol.co.uk/ (08442008585)

This is the same Number my wife uses.

No problems so far with connection,quality or Billing.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ivan & Aoy :o

recently returned from the uk where i was using

to call thailand for 1/2p , yes 1/2p per minute mobile to mobile

go to

loiol.co.uk

for full lists of companies (and prices) offering mobile to mobile , mobile to landline , landline to mobile calls

Benny Boy, If you have a contract phone where you get free minutes you can use this number to call Thailand for free. Just dial 07744200007 then input international code you want , then number. I get lots of free minutes so can now call for free. Bargain. Hope this helps. They also have an 0870 number if your operator doesnt allow free access. The site is below. Cheers Dunc

http://www.yourcallworld.com/calling.aspx?...ailand%20Mobile

Hi,

I've been happily using www.18185.co.uk (1p/m) and www.justdial.com which i can use inclusive minutes on O2. The only problem was that I was getting hammered for 10p per SMS.

Then I found www.mobisms.com. If you have a mobile that can run java programs you can send international SMS for 2p. It uses your data/internet connection to send the SMS. Been using it for about a week now and it seems to be fine.

I did have some problems downloading it from the official site because they want you to download it over the phone by WAP. However if you search for mobisms on google you can find other sites that have the file and you can download it and install it with your pc.

My phone is a Nokia N91 by the way. Hope this helps

Regards Scruff,