Poll reveals political office most corrupt profession

Lite Beer

Poll reveals political office most corrupt profession

20-12-2557-12-46-36-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Political office holders are the most corrupt people, a poll by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University or Dusit Poll, reveals.

The poll says 88.37 of 1,312 people it asked said political office is the most corrupt profession.

They said corrupt political office holders always turn to reap huge benefits from government projects and exploit national budgets to assist their voters, and buy votes.

Second most corrupt profession is police, coming up with 86.75% vote.
Respondents reasoned that the profession enables the police to extort money, buy higher position, take bribes, and exploit loopholes in laws to reap benefits.

Government office is the third most corrupt profession, the poll revealed.

83.93% of respondents said government office holders or government officials would resort to abusing their authorities to embezzle national budgets, and take bribes.

In response to a question of what profession they wanted to see quick reform, 86.61% pointed to political office reasoning that corrupt politicians are main source of disunity, disturbance and recession in the country.

Coming second with 85.08% vote is police profession which they said should perform duties to protect the people, but instead they themselves committed wrongdoing.

Public transport is the third profession they wanted to see reform with 81.02% saying bus, taxi and motorcycle taxi drivers have bad driving behaviour and most driving speedily.

The profession that respondents favoured most or 78.85% is personal business as it is independent, free, self management of time, and give good returns.

On a question of the most favoured profession they wanted their children to become, 74.92% said government office with reason that it has honour, social prestige, is respected by the people, in addition to good welfare, benefits and pensions.

Doctor and nurse is the second most favoured profession with 67.63% reasoning that it will allow them to take care of their parents, assist others, and also have high returns. It is also an independent job that there is no fear of unemployment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-reveals-political-office-corrupt-profession

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-20

So it seems the Thais are well aware of the bad situation, and probably for veeery long time. Question is then: why did they, the people, the population, the nation, never do anything about, against, Corruption...? Seems like the 'des-education system' here makes them consider Corruption as 'normal'! Meek, tame, lame, lazy, cowardly, ...or hoping to collect some crumbs from the corruption 'manna' for themselves? Like when selling their votes, silly... Even when Mr Chan Ocha's first name would be Hercules, I'm afraid he couldn't carry the load of a mentality change in this country, alas...

• Like 1

Ok, people listed govt office jobs as the third most corrupt and then say they want their kids to get govt office jobs. Isn't that saying they want their kids to go into a corrupt job?

That is exactly their point!!

They want their family to have their share of the pie!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Everybody everywhere can be corrupted,it's just a matter of price. The price of the average Thai person on the street is a lot lower than someone from the west but that is just like the woman who isn't a prostitute and would be insulted if you offered her 10 dollars to sleep with her, on the other hand would say yes for a million ,but she's not a prostitute right.

• Like 1

I wonder what the Thai people would do if they thought about it for a moment and realized that the Tax they pay on fuel, electricity, roads etc are partly being used for corruption/going into peoples private bank accounts, and not to better improve a situation that could benefit greatly by the Tax that people pay!

• Like 1

I wonder what the Thai people would do if they thought about it for a moment and realized that the Tax they pay on fuel, electricity, roads etc are partly being used for corruption/going into peoples private bank accounts, and not to better improve a situation that could benefit greatly by the Tax that people pay!

They don't think about it although they are aware of it, if i speak to my partner about it she say's i shouldn't speak about it, we don't want any trouble.

Thai's are not good at mathematics and/or logic, there are still many that think the rice scheme was a wonderful idea that benefitted the "poor" rice farmers, despite costing the equivalent of (I think it was) 17,000 baht each for every man, woman and child alive in Thailand today.

Corruption won't end here anytime soon, but the massive excesses of the Thaksin era might be trimmed down a little perhaps and the rest continues on as normal, just a little more quietly.

• Like 1

Ok, people listed govt office jobs as the third most corrupt and then say they want their kids to get govt office jobs. Isn't that saying they want their kids to go into a corrupt job?

[/quot

You are 100 percent right because its part of their culture and there is no cure

88,37% of the voters say that the political office is corrupt.

86,75% of the voters say that the police is corrupt.

83.93% of the voters say that the government office is corrupt.

That must mean 12% of the voters is politician, 13% police and 16% government official.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 2

Corruptions is a way of life and normal.

you scratch my back I scratch yours.

And hardly unique to Thailand despite what some people seem to think about life in wonderful Farang Land.

UK corruption getting worse poll finds as one in 20 Britons admit to bribing public service officials
  • Global Corruption Barometer 2013 found 65 per cent of Britons say corruption grown in past two years
  • UK Government 'has not been paying sufficient attention to disturbing trend'
  • Public trust in media, judiciary and police worsened since 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358665/UK-corruption-getting-worse-poll-finds-20-Britons-admit-bribing-public-service-officials.html

http://reason.com/poll/2014/04/03/americans-say-75-percent-of-politicians

• Like 1