TAT expects tourism industry to grow next year

webfact

PNECO571224001000701_24122014_044838.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 December 2014 (NNT)- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has forecast that up to 9 billion baht will change hands during the New Year celebrations, and that the tourism industry will continue to prosper in 2015

According to TAT governor Thawatchai Aranyik, the overseas market for the tourism industry in Thailand will likely contribute to much of the 2 trillion baht income projected for the industry next year, thanks to the economic recovery in both Asia and some countries in Europe.

However, the Russian Ruble crisis remains a factor to keep an eye on. The TAT governor added that up to 800 billion baht is expected to be generated from domestic markets in 2015 due to the improving Thai economy, lower oil prices and tourism tax reduction. Around 2.6 million tourists are expected to celebrate the New Year ‘s Eve across the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-24 footer_n.gif

Opening up the immigration floodgates is one way to massively increase the number of visitors.

If all the recent crackdowns are reversed then the numbers will look very good next year when compared to this year.

I occasionally wonder if things like this are planned out far in advance.

• Like 1

I imagine that were TAT able to have a representative present at every crime scene, and said representatives given the authority to pass out brown envelopes, and subsequently all deaths were the result of suicide or accidental slips and natural causes, then yes... it is entirely possible!

Merely a theory. I now remove my tin foil topper and resume normal thinkinglaugh.png

And I hope it does grow.

For the good of Thailand, for the good of Thai people and the good of foreigners living in this country.

Stop being negative, people, you want as much as I do, this country to prosper.

Contrary to what people think after reading some of my posts, I also wish well for

Thailand . But if a ship has a poor captain and crew at the helm of the ship,

then running onto the rocky shore is a certainty.... But tourist issues need to be addressed,

and this constant stream of moronic statements from TAT is not helping.

Tourism up, tourism down, tourism up....... No of course the mass killer in

Australia will not affect tourism etc........

My uncle once told me if you wanted to do something, the best way

was to just quietly start doing it. If you run around telling everyone you are going

to do something, generally you will not do it.....

• Like 1

And I hope it does grow.

For the good of Thailand, for the good of Thai people and the good of foreigners living in this country.

I wonder if the prices will drop with this great influx of tourists? Less tourists have to pay more to compensate for the ones who were expected but did not come.

The ones that do come need to looked after better than they have been, then they might come back. Dont expect many Russians back for a good while either.

<deleted>, how many Press Releases can the TAT release in one day?

Saying it more does not necessarily make it so. Your logic is flawed. You are "hoping" based on contradictory facts. You are clueless.

Please, stop talking in advance. Execute a plan. Tell us how the plan went after.

If you want to see how a real country communicates it's tourism numbers, please refer to Singapore. The know what they are doing.

https://www.stb.gov.sg

• Like 1

With signs like the the one below to an artificial floating market selling tourist tat, they deserve to go out of business!! (To this "attraction" free entrance for Thais!!)

post-218648-0-24185400-1419434167_thumb.

• Like 1

Yesterday the forum carried 3 threads on tourism all basically negative so right on cue back comes TAT with expectations of big spending at the New Year and on throughout 2015.

Surprised ?

Not really, it is high season after all. Things are getting busy around here.

Opening up the immigration floodgates is one way to massively increase the number of visitors.

If all the recent crackdowns are reversed then the numbers will look very good next year when compared to this year.

Exactly, why make it so hard for people who do nothing but spend money in the Kingdom ? Mucking about with things that are beneficial is idiotic.

• Like 2

And I hope it does grow.

Yes, but they need to behave. Stop trying to pick and choose what sort of tourists come to Thailand just so some elites can fill up their 4-5 star hotels. Business is by volume . Your customers control your business and you operate it. Right now the back packing crowd are coming in volume and they are good for the economy. The government should stop ignoring them.

Exactly, why make it so hard for people who do nothing but spend money in the Kingdom ? Mucking about with things that are beneficial is idiotic.

You have to read between the lines here.

If it's made harder for people to enter and exit Thailand this year (and it has been) then the numbers will be way down as anyone would expect - this of course will be blamed on the previous administration.

A quick change of the rules early next year will completely turn things around which could make the new administration look very good.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

The anathema to any restricted society as such in the movie Game of Thrones is unrestricted contact with people from outside that society. While there may be language and cultural barriers between citizens and different nationalities, the ideas, behaviors, and culture of foreign tourists will germinate changes within the restrictive society as a natural consequence. That North Korea place such emphasis on cultural and educational isolation to keep its society closed.

Even the rigidly ruled China has now a daily and growing confrontation with ideals of participatory democracy and personal independence. For while it carefully controls foreign visitors into the nation, it cannot insulate its people from exposure to noncommunist ideology when they visit other countries with far greater freedoms such as Japan, Taiwan, Europe, and North America.

So I hope that Thailand tourism explodes next year, not from the Chinese who would be culturally the blind leadly the blind, but from the open and free societies of Western and Oceanic countries. Not for the sake of expanding the Thailand economy but for the sake of expanding the Thai mentality to a more free and vigorous society capable of controlling its own destiny.

• Like 1