Oxford Forum

Mossfinn

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what I can understand they are using the stadium as a shelter for displaced senior citizens.

Oxford United are also offering them all a trial while they are there.

Sorry I could not resist that one, but seriously my best freind back home in Witney has been flooded out, and things are pretty grim, but no fatalities and the waters are starting to reduce, so apart from vast financial costs things are improving, but of course that could all change again if the rains come again.

I echo Mr.B's sentiments, hope you and your new family have not suffered Moss.

TP

From what I can understand they are using the stadium as a shelter for displaced senior citizens.

:o:D

You bu55er TP. I was reading that in all seriousness then and out popped my coffee :D

Moss,

Has the football ground flooded? I hear Oxford is pretty bad with flooding at the moment. Hope you and Mrs Finn are OK and not been affected.

All is fine here Mr Boj, we have not been affected at home, so the Mrs and the boy and the Chihuahua's are fine, thanks for asking.

Moss

Sorry I could not resist that one, but seriously my best freind back home in Witney has been flooded out, and things are pretty grim, but no fatalities and the waters are starting to reduce, so apart from vast financial costs things are improving, but of course that could all change again if the rains come again.

I echo Mr.B's sentiments, hope you and your new family have not suffered Moss.

TP

:o Unfortunately even the OAP's were too good. But you are correct it has been used as a staging post for a couple of day's that has gone into a week and possibly longer.

Some areas of West Oxon were hit really bad, where we live is OK because it is higher up, but 5 minutes into Town on the Botley and Abingdon Roads have been hit harder.

Osney Island, do you this area TP? is again under water and they have been evacuated and this is close to where I work and we had to get out on Wednesday by Order of the Fire servive.

Thanks for asking

Moss

You bu55er TP. I was reading that in all seriousness then and out popped my False Teeth into my coffee :D

:D

Moss...I hope all is ok?

All is well Mig thanks.

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

There isn't anywhere in Oxon I don't know Moss having lived and worked there 20 years plus.

I have been reading the OM on-line to get a feel for whats happening.

Luckily I own a top floor apartment in Witney, but some of my freinds have not been so lucky, and my Son who lives in Carterton is having a hard time getting around, but he has not been flooded out by the Windrush as my best freind has.

Looks like insurances will rise as high as the waters next year !!!

Glad all is OK with you though Moss.

TP

Edited by ThaiPauly

Best not Moss, but may I take this God given opportuity to wish OU all the best next season.

Thanks TP, I still think we will need it.

Crowds could be massive if the waters don't receed !!!

Look TP, this is becoming a habit :o

I have started a thread in the other place regarding your post above, but no one seems to have responded, no humour I am afraid. :D

Good Luck

Moss

That would have been Jim Smith methinks.

No, it's a player.

My turn to pose a question - Who were the managers involved when we beat QPR 3-0 in the Milk Cup Final?

I will leave this to TP, he asked it earlier in this thread and I can't remember the answer, although I was surprised at the answer, just can't remember it now.

Thanks for joining in.

Moss

That would have been Jim Smith methinks.

No, it's a player.

My turn to pose a question - Who were the managers involved when we beat QPR 3-0 in the Milk Cup Final?

I will leave this to TP, he asked it earlier in this thread and I can't remember the answer, although I was surprised at the answer, just can't remember it now.

Thanks for joining in.

Moss

Err....... I can remember the face of the Oxford Manager but not his name. The Bald Eagle was managing Rangers.

I think the Oxford Manager at that time has passed away since.

Must admit was a bit depressed how last season ended.

Yup, I wasn't particularly ecstatic.

Kevin brock my friend!

Mark

That's the one.

Err....... I can remember the face of the Oxford Manager but not his name. The Bald Eagle was managing Rangers.

I think the Oxford Manager at that time has passed away since.

Right on Both counts TP

That'll be maurice evans!

Mark

You're on fire Mark.

The season ended with United beating QPR (managed by Smith) 3–0 in the final of the Milk Cup at Wembley, and avoiding relegation by achieving the same scoreline over Arsenal in the last game of the season a week or so later. At the Wembley final, Evans famously sent up long-serving club physio Ken Fish in his place to collect his winner's medal; this gesture is seen as typifying Evans' modesty and generosity. Evans stepped down as manager in March 1988, towards the end of United's last season in the old First Division.

A brief obit of Evans.

So what year did he die and no looking on the search Engines!!

Moss