Hellish Experience Coming Back Home From Suvarnabhumi Airport-Who Is At The Top To Take Action

discoverdb10

Just reported an ass of a type. Was going to give a "always check the meter upon hopping on"-speach but apparently not needed. Thanks for the report - clearly the providers have a lot of bad apples to discard, to justify the hike in rates.

While I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the OP's story, posting pictures identifying the culprit seems pretty close to defamation.

And the fact that the OP has 2 posts, both on this thread, would make Thai Visa look pretty negligent if it came to a defamation suit.

Could just be a troll post simply to damage the guy's reputation.

• Like 2

Um it can happen.Don't know what to say.Hopefully it won't happen again.I would have probably said to him just stop the car and I

Would get out.I can't handle drama.I mean he's using bad language I would start to get upset.And I always keep my cool in Thailand.Don't need to visit their prison system.You made out ok.But beware in the future.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've had them with taxis once in a while and I suspect that the problem drivers were on Ya Ba. Only you can judge whether to let the matter go or not. I can't say that I am always able to let things go but I feel happier when I'm able to do that. If your driver was on drugs, you probably can't expect a satisfying result from your complaint. Good luck on your future taxi rides. BTW, I had a bad experience with a limousine driver last year so now I always use the public taxi stand so that I can size up the driver in advance. It's hard to be careful when you're coming off of a long, tiring, flight but it is good to try to nip problems in the bud. It's now automatic for me to ask how much it will cost before I get into a cab.

Never get an airport taxi they are the worst, if they do put a meter on that's the only place I have seen rigged ones which rack the distance up too quick resulting in nearly double price. Always get the bus these days if nobody picking up. I'd never arrive at that time though.

• Like 2

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

While I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the OP's story, posting pictures identifying the culprit seems pretty close to defamation.

And the fact that the OP has 2 posts, both on this thread, would make Thai Visa look pretty negligent if it came to a defamation suit.

Have you any idea how much it costs to take out a defamation case? certainly not for the likes of a taxi driver!

Since coming to live in Thailand's northeast , I never go to Bangkok without my wife . My wife is very attentive to taxi drivers and the metre ; she doesn't like taking taxis at the airport , at Don Muang we always exit and cross the road to get a Metre taxi . We have only once been to Suvanabumi and there one does have to take a taxi in the airport . I regret that we foreigners are not used to cheating taxi drivers .

• Like 1

thanks for posting this thread. i have his pics.

the taxi guy got mad because you would not take the toll road and tried to save some money. they snatch the paper like that with me also, actually the kiosk attendant now just gives it directly to the driver when i reach for it.

With the new automated system, the kiosk attendant gives you a slip of paper that tells you in which parking spot your taxi is waiting for you. Taxi drivers don't even have to get out of their cars, except to help with luggage.

3 trips with the new system and my waiting times have been 8 minutes on one trip, 30 seconds on the next, and walk right out to my waiting taxi- no queuing at all.

Edited by impulse

Another example of why I have stopped using taxis and only use Uber.

I arrived back to Bangkok last week after midnight and had a very pleasant ride home in a comfortable Uber car with a very friendly professional driver.

If you book a Uber or Grab Taxi, where would you arrange to get picked up at S'bhum airport?

If you book a Uber or Grab Taxi, where would you arrange to get picked up at S'bhum airport?

Interesting question. I was at Swampy on Thursday night and they were pulling aside empty taxis as they tried to enter the departure area. They had about 6 of them pulled aside when we got there.

Our taxi, with passengers, was waved right through the checkpoint. They had a moving gate that allowed them to stop each taxi to see if it had passengers. First time I have seen this- or maybe just the first time I noticed it.

Our (then empty) taxi picked up a couple of ladies at the departure area, and that didn't seem to be causing any issues. But they didn't seem to be letting any empty taxis pass.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Sorry for your bad experience - I guess it can happen anywhere and never feels good - - and surely, an after thought, but in a situation like this, which should not have happened, it is better to pay the extra 100 baht than have a terrible and maybe even dangerous trip.

• Like 1

Indeed, you are not the only one...When I take a Taxi, I show the driver the map and tell him: "this is where we are now, and there is where we have to go by following this road" (now in Thai), an also insist to put the meter on before I geet into the car. wai2.gif Usually they are not pleased but still showing the amazing smile as ever.

• Like 1