With all the new cars/pickups sold to falangs, why no English manuals?

giddyup

I recently bought a Mitsu Triton and all the manuals, both Drivers and SatNav are naturally in Thai, but considering how many new cars are sold to falangs, surely they could supply an English copy on delivery of the vehicle, instead of having to order one, pay for it and then wait at least a month to get it. I can't get a hard copy English version of the Speednavi V4.0, have tried Mitsubishi Thailand with no success, so have asked a friend in Oz if he can get one for me. I have no hope of working out how to use the sat/nav without an English manual.

I'm surprised Mitsubishi Thailand can not help you.

So far my experience has been that manuals are available in English, foc, but the dealers don't always know and obstruct the process of getting one sometimes. But I have received manuals for Isuzu 2x and Mazda 1x without problems. Nissan was more difficult because the dealer obstructed, but one phonecall to Nissan Bangkok solved that.

• Like 1

So far my experience has been that manuals are available in English, foc, but the dealers don't always know and obstruct the process of getting one sometimes. But I have received manuals for Isuzu 2x and Mazda 1x without problems. Nissan was more difficult because the dealer obstructed, but one phonecall to Nissan Bangkok solved that.

There's no problem getting an English Driver's Manual, why a one month wait beats me though, and why should I have to pay for it, but no English copies of the Speednavi manual available, which is ludicrous.

What annoys me even more: why don't the car companies supply such material for download?

Best would be: enter vehicle identification number and get the download in your desired language.

Most of the sources for online manuals I have tried are "dubious"/suspect.

In the end I was available to download a manual for my Mazda in my language.

• Like 1

Yes, such a long wait and having to pay quite a high price is bad service. It's not as if the vehicle was only sold in Thailand.

Some manufacturers seem to be much more helpful about this either by providing English-language manuals quickly for free, or by making them available online which seems the most obvious and sensible solution anyway. Who needs a paper manual?

What annoys me even more: why don't the car companies supply such material for download?

Best would be: enter vehicle identification number and get the download in your desired language.

Most of the sources for online manuals I have tried are "dubious"/suspect.

In the end I was available to download a manual for my Mazda in my language.

The drivers manual is huge, I don't fancy having to print that off.

There's no problem getting an English Driver's Manual, why a one month wait beats me though, and why should I have to pay for it, but no English copies of the Speednavi manual available, which is ludicrous.

I received an English manual for the Nissan satnav and never had to pay for any of the manuals.

I can't get a hard copy English version of the Speednavi V4.0

Is this not it?

http://www.speednavi.com/?page_code=0303

That's it, but there are over 70 pages to print off, I want the small booklet that comes with the pickup, but in English. I need to be able to keep it in the glove box for easy reference.

But at least you can get it to work with this to download manual.

• Like 1

I can't get a hard copy English version of the Speednavi V4.0

Is this not it?

http://www.speednavi.com/?page_code=0303

That's it, but there are over 70 pages to print off, I want the small booklet that comes with the pickup, but in English. I need to be able to keep it in the glove box for easy reference.

But at least you can get it to work with this to download manual.

I'm not exactly that techie minded anyway, and memorising the manual on the computer and then remembering what I've read and trying to operate the sat/nav in the car might be beyond my capabilities.

i got English manuals after request for both of my vehicles (both Nissan). It took a few weeks but in the meantime I got by with manuals (PDF) downloaded from the internet.

Did you print them all off? I figure there would be at least 200 pages in drivers manual and sat/nav manuals. Not prepared to do that.

i got English manuals after request for both of my vehicles (both Nissan). It took a few weeks but in the meantime I got by with manuals (PDF) downloaded from the internet.

Did you print them all off? I figure there would be at least 200 pages in drivers manual and sat/nav manuals. Not prepared to do that.

No I didn't, I just copied them on a mobile device and referred to them when needed.

I assume you are talking about a tablet or similar, which I don't have.

In England they do not supply manuals in Thai, German, Spanish.............or any language unless ordered.........Why should LOS be different...?

Because as I said in my header, so many new cars are sold to falangs here. How many Thais are buying cars in England?

In England they do not supply manuals in Thai, German, Spanish.............or any language unless ordered.........Why should LOS be different...?

Because as I said in my header, so many new cars are sold to falangs here. How many Thais are buying cars in England?

Farangs are waaaaaaay down the named owner in LOS.........

Do you have percentages? Obviously more cars are sold to Thais, no dispute, but I'd be interested to know how many are sold to falangs.

Do you have percentages? Obviously more cars are sold to Thais, no dispute, but I'd be interested to know how many are sold to falangs.

Sure most in a ladies name..................w00t.gif

• Like 2

Why would you register a car in a Thai ladies name? It's just as easy to register a car in your own name.

WE know that but some folk don't..........Most folk I know everything is in a birds name.......w00t.gif

BUT, we are looking at English manuals here so I will......eeeer, have a beer...thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

There may be stats of numbers sold to foreigners, but to farang I don't think so.

Don't forget there are quite a few Japanese and other Asian nationalities here as well, where quite often an English manual would do no good.

• Like 2

So many, compared to what? The percentage of English speakers buying pick-ups out of the whole of Thailand must be tiny.

• Like 2

So many, compared to what? The percentage of English speakers buying pick-ups out of the whole of Thailand must be tiny.

You have statistics? No, neither do I, so neither of us can speak with any authority.