anyone in rayong want to meet up?

Ws93

Ive asked in the East branch on this forum but it seems dead so I apologise for posting here.

anyway, anybody want to meet up for a drink or something? Im quite bored, ive been reading books for sometine but i would like to get out anf explore witg someone or relax in a farang bar.

Wouldbe nice to speak in my own language again and make some friends.

Apologies for any grammatical errors and spellings, my samsung has a poor keyboard.

I live in Rayong but am a rather private person....like it that way. That being said, there are a lot of expats living there. Go to the beach area there (Hat Saeng Chan)where there is PMY and Kantary Bay. A lot of the expats meet on Friday nights at a bar east of the Statue on the beach (some kind of water spirit) near Kantary Bay. others drink at the bars near PMY. Very friendly bunch of guys and they would love to see a new face. Good luck and enjoy!clap2.gif

Edited by beachproperty

I dont know Rayong muxch. I just go where my cousins take me:

Big C, Sallord?, Star and Zoods.

My cousins are working now so im quite bored. There isnt much to do for my age unless someone here is 19-22?

Im just trying to kill time until uni starts.

Edited by Ws93

I dont know Rayong muxch. I just go where my cousins take me:

Big C, Sallord?, Star and Zoods.

My cousins are working now so im quite bored. There isnt much to do for my age unless someone here is 19-22?

Down the street from Zoods is the beach (south, probably 1 kilometer to the spirit statue).....Have access to a bicycle or motor bike, if yes, tour around enjoy! if not can probably rent a motor bike for a day rate of 350/baht (just guessing but I would look into it if I were you) or buy a new bike at Big C for 2000 baht.

East of Zoods is the old main street with many clubs. There is also Lamtong (the mall) on sukumvit. if you don't have transportation you're pretty much out of luck unless your living close to sukumvit then you can grab a baht bus (truck with benches in the back for passengers). Get on a bus and see where it takes you....never have done it in Thailand but have in many other countries, cheap and easy ....get a cheap tour of the area by bus, get on and off when you want.

Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by beachproperty

Where is Ban Chang? Furthest ive been unassisted is Laemtong.

Ban Chang is a town about 20 minutes west (towards Pattaya) of Rayong. Map Ta phut (the industrial town) is in between. Have a great bar street for women, if thats what you're interested in. Its on Sukumvit so maybe have easy bus ride there.

Again ....enjoysmile.png

My family dont like me straying too far alone, within Rayong is fine.

a bike for 2000 baht?? A push bike or motorcycle?? I have no transportation, i use my cousins but thats for them to travel to work. Guess im out of look.

Ban Chang is a town about 20 minutes west (towards Pattaya) of Rayong. Map Ta phut (the industrial town) is in between. Have a great bar street for women, if thats what you're interested in. Its on Sukumvit so maybe have easy bus ride there.

Again ....enjoysmile.png

20 minutes from Rayong to Ban Chang on Sukhumvit ? When ? at 03:00am, with all the traffic lights switched off

Ban Chang to the centre of Rayong is 32km, average out at around 45 minutes and I might believe you

Again ....enjoysmile.png

20 minutes from Rayong to Ban Chang on Sukhumvit ? When ? at 03:00am, with all the traffic lights switched off

Ban Chang to the centre of Rayong is 32km, average out at around 45 minutes and I might believe you

guess it depends on where you live in Rayong .....on the east end or west end .....I live on the west end and Ban Chang is about (about being the key word) 20 minutes for me.

Google distance from Rayong to Ban Chang.....16.5 kilometers ...20 minutes....whistling.gif wild guess.....you go the long way ...route 36 instead of Sukumvit ...oh wellblink.png
Edited by beachproperty

Where is the baht bus for ban chang? 20 minutes away is good.

Never taken it myself ....only have seen them driving along Sukumvit...(thats the street Laemtong is on)

Probably best to ask your cousin about them and IF they go to Ban Chang. remember Baht Bus stops all the time so will take a lot longer.

KR Place is about 1 block from Sukumvit ....very close to Star Hotel and the downtown Bus Station (on the other side of Sukumvit from where you are staying ) Probably can get the right bus to Bang Chan there .....

the Bar street with women is the first signal past the Main Signal in Ban Chang (right hand side) ...Soupeel maybe can give you better directions.w00t.gif

Edited by beachproperty

Their English isnt the best and gets progressively worse with each cousin, aunt and uncle. My Thai just as bad. Ive been learning it all morning so i like a break.

Possibly they can direct you to the right bus at the station then....its near the Tesco, Star Market, Star Hotel. on Sukumvit (the main road through Rayong) on the opposite side of it from where you are.

Good luck

Their English isnt the best and gets progressively worse with each cousin, aunt and uncle. My Thai just as bad. Ive been learning it all morning so i like a break.

Possibly they can direct you to the right bus at the station then....its near the Tesco, Star Market, Star Hotel. on Sukumvit (the main road through Rayong) on the opposite side of it from where you are.

Good luck

Correctionwub.png .....The Bus station although near Tesco, Star Market, and Star hotel....is NOT on Sukumvit ...it's maybe two blocks off Sukumvit ...very close to Star Market (Huge outdoor Market). You might also think about a day trip to Koh Samet ....island off of Ban Phe ...about 30-45 minutes east of Rayong to catch the ferry to the island.

Again ....enjoysmile.png

guess it depends on where you live in Rayong .....on the east end or west end .....I live on the west end and Ban Chang is about (about being the key word) 20 minutes for me.

Google distance from Rayong to Ban Chang.....16.5 kilometers ...20 minutes....whistling.gif wild guess.....you go the long way ...route 36 instead of Sukumvit ...oh wellblink.png

Distances from Rayong City are measured from the clock (near Bangkok Bank) from there to the centre of Ban Chang is 30-32 Km, do not know official datum point in Ban Chang. 20 mins is just doable at night but normal daytime takes approx 30 mins,(Both to and from Rayong clock). Morning and evening rush hours around Maptaphut can increase that time considerably.

Edited by ThaidDown

If you are around 20 years old forget Ban Chang!

The bar strip is something like 300m.

That is no place for a young men. Also avoid the Thai Karaoke places in Rayong.

Take a bus to Pattaya or register on thaifriendly or something like that.

If your appearance is daylight compatible you should have no problem to find someone your age who is able to communicate or more with you, without paying for it....

You can still visit the strip in Ban Chang in 30 years - if you are a bald, overweight, frustrated golf player that likes to pay a little bit more for his beer to have a very experienced person take care of the rusty old nuts...

Then you`ll perfectly blend in the clique...

• Like 1

Not sure why posters here (soutpeel and ThaiDown) claim to be such experts on the distance between Ban Chang and Rayong When IN FACT the distance from Star Hotel in Rayong (pretty much city center) and Ban Chang is 25 kilometers (shorter from where I live ....west end) and driving time is 20 minutes (AND 15 minutes if you know the back roads through Map Ta Phut to Phala beach in Ban Chang from where I live in the WEST end of Rayong)

http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/Thailand_Distance_Result.asp?state=47&fromplace=ban%20chang&toplace=Star%20Hotel%20Rayong%20Thailand%2C&dt1=ChIJMTxQgSDyAjERsMi04UrYAwQ&dt2=ChIJW3LyJ2r8AjERgX8OS1-KWZs

Didn't know travel time and distance was SO important to some posters guess now in addition to spelling police we have the distance police.w00t.gif

Obviously you drive too slow (which is fine....just stay out of my way) whistling.gif

Not sure why posters here (soutpeel and ThaiDown) claim to be such experts on the distance between Ban Chang and Rayong When IN FACT the distance from Star Hotel in Rayong (pretty much city center) and Ban Chang is 25 kilometers (shorter from where I live ....west end) and driving time is 20 minutes (AND 15 minutes if you know the back roads through Map Ta Phut to Phala beach in Ban Chang from where I live in the WEST end of Rayong)

http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/Thailand_Distance_Result.asp?state=47&fromplace=ban%20chang&toplace=Star%20Hotel%20Rayong%20Thailand%2C&dt1=ChIJMTxQgSDyAjERsMi04UrYAwQ&dt2=ChIJW3LyJ2r8AjERgX8OS1-KWZs

Didn't know travel time and distance was SO important to some posters guess now in addition to spelling police we have the distance police.w00t.gif

Obviously you drive too slow (which is fine....just stay out of my way) whistling.gif

Never claimed to be an expert. Just quoting centre of Rayong to centre of Ban Chang, not the back ways down to the beaches. Maybe my trip recorders are showing the wrong data. Still think 20 mins for centre to centre at normal times is optimistic. As for staying out of your ..with pleasure.

Source of info.... Making the trip many times (>1000)., But if you think its different then fine, up to you.

Never claimed to be an expert. Just quoting centre of Rayong to centre of Ban Chang, not the back ways down to the beaches. Maybe my trip recorders are showing the wrong data. Still think 20 mins for centre to centre at normal times is optimistic. As for staying out of your ..with pleasure.

Source of info.... Making the trip many times (>1000)., But if you think its different then fine, up to you.

Can appreciate the fact that Distance from City of Rayong to Ban Chang is different ....depending on which point of each city we are talking going from/to.

You've made the trip over a 1000 times. WOW...have to assume you commute from Rayong to Ban Chang (or visa versa) ....so your normal hours are commute hours, which, YES, commute time is more than 30 minutes.....

Normal hours for me are between 10am and 3pm....so traffic rarely a problem. So from my experience during these times it takes about 20 minutes to Ban Chang (have even posted independant sites confirming travel time is 20 minutes )...

Again .....all is dependant on the speed you travel, time of day, and points of reference (exactly where to/from). My initial post was just with regard to generalities of time to Ban Chang.....Until the distance police got involvedw00t.gif

But....hey....each to their owncoffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

You've made the trip over a 1000 times. WOW...have to assume you commute from Rayong to Ban Chang (or visa versa) ....so your normal hours are commute hours, which, YES, commute time is more than 30 minutes.....

No I do not 'commute' never have done. Estimated number of trips is high due to having lived here for quite a long time. But as you say 'each to their own' agreed coffee1.gif

happy new year.

No I do not 'commute' never have done. Estimated number of trips is high due to having lived here for quite a long time. But as you say 'each to their own' agreed coffee1.gif

happy new year.

Yeah ....gotta agree with you.....I have ONLY lived full time in Rayong for 7 years....not that long.

Have a good one.....Happy New Year to you too.intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxNblz

I claim to be an expert on that run down Sukhumvit as I used to do it twice as day for quite a few years and never during daylight hours have I ever done it in 20 minutes and I drive reasonably fast

And further even going the "back roads" and I know them all you will never do it in 20 either

I claim to be an expert on that run down Sukhumvit as I used to do it twice as day for quite a few years and never during daylight hours have I ever done it in 20 minutes and I drive reasonably fast

And further even going the "back roads" and I know them all you will never do it in 20 either

Expert?...w00t.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well there it is folks....Soutpeel on record as a "know it all", disputing the internet and the distances provided therein and times... claiming he knows better!

Might help if you were talking door to door (and which doors?) so we might understand better why it takes you longer than 30 minutes to go 20 kilometers (driving at 40 kilometers an hour ...which you obviously consider fast w00t.gif ). Personally I rarely couch things in absolutes as you have done.....As I have stated before I live on the west side of Rayong (Noen Phra area) and the time and distance is

https://www.google.co.th/?gws_rd=cr&ei=IMIaU6qDOoaCrAeInIDgCw#q=distance+from+Noen+phra+to+ban+chang

• 1 month later...

Ok enough bitching about spelling, distances etc.

If you go down soi rajbamrung the street behing Rayong city hotel and go to Y33 bar opposite a family mart shop , there are always a good few farangs there, myself included, you could also try Wizards bar behind the market behind Tesco lotus on sukhumvit , a bit hit and miss to whether anyone will be there though.

What age group are you in? Y33 has many youngsters using it and old farts like me .

Edited by daiwill60