fiance visa for uk

i am looking at doing a fiance visa for my tg , we have a baby together with a british passport .

we want to marry in the uk with my family , my tg as visited the uk on a holiday visa earlier this year before our baby was born .

i have enough money in the bank to show i can suport her when she comes to the uk,

we need to know what we have to do to get the visa , we have to get xray for TB we know ,, where do we get this done ?

also the english test we know about , but again where do we go for this ?

any help please would be helpfull

also do we need to do anything else ? do we have to show our realtionship togehter as we did with the holiday visa?

we have l the evidence together from the last 3 years

yours hopefully j

The main thing is to meet the financial requirements. Basically, this means showing that you have an income of at least 18,600 GBP a year. The requirements are slightly different for salaried employees and self-employed people. If you cannot meet the income threshold ( 18,600 GBP a year) then it is possible to meet the requirements through savings, or through a combination of income and savings. You need to look at the information in this link :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/524561-uk-settlement-visa-basics/

You will also need to meet the accommodation requirements, plus the English A1 test and TB test requirements.

Tony M

• Like 1

The main thing is to meet the financial requirements. Basically, this means showing that you have an income of at least 18,600 GBP a year. The requirements are slightly different for salaried employees and self-employed people. If you cannot meet the income threshold ( 18,600 GBP a year) then it is possible to meet the requirements through savings, or through a combination of income and savings. You need to look at the information in this link :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/524561-uk-settlement-visa-basics/

You will also need to meet the accommodation requirements, plus the English A1 test and TB test requirements.

Tony M

thaks tony for that, im selfemployed and cannot meet the requierment for the salary

but i have savings of £62k plus in my bank after my uk divorce lol

what are the accomodation regs?

english test bangkok and also tb test both sitlom bkk

As I say in the pinned topic linked to by Tony: accommodation can be wholly occupied by sponsor and applicant(s) or with a third party, such as sponsor's parents, friends etc.

Evidence should be supplied to show that the accommodation is suitable and that you and the applicant(s) can live there; i.e. proof of ownership or a landlord's letter confirming you all can live there.

If living with a third party then they should write a letter of invitation and briefly describe the property and who else lives there to show that there will be at least one room for your exclusive use plus adequate room for any children coming with you. They should also provide proof of ownership, such as a mortgage statement, or, if they rent, a letter from their landlord as above.

Full details can be found at Maintenance and accommodation (MAA)

As far as I am aware, the information on English test providers in the pinned topic is still up to date.

The TB test must be done at the IoM in Silom. See Tuberculosis testing in Thailand for details.

• Like 1

As I say in the pinned topic linked to by Tony: accommodation can be wholly occupied by sponsor and applicant(s) or with a third party, such as sponsor's parents, friends etc.

Evidence should be supplied to show that the accommodation is suitable and that you and the applicant(s) can live there; i.e. proof of ownership or a landlord's letter confirming you all can live there.

If living with a third party then they should write a letter of invitation and briefly describe the property and who else lives there to show that there will be at least one room for your exclusive use plus adequate room for any children coming with you. They should also provide proof of ownership, such as a mortgage statement, or, if they rent, a letter from their landlord as above.

Full details can be found at Maintenance and accommodation (MAA)

As far as I am aware, the information on English test providers in the pinned topic is still up to date.

The TB test must be done at the IoM in Silom. See Tuberculosis testing in Thailand for details.

thanks for al advice again j

Vantage Siam do the test. You have to book well in advance. You can use a computer print out accessible after the test, the proper cert comes about 3 weeks after.

Along with the T.B, English test, finacials, living arrangments, your girlfriend will also need a police clearance document.

They're the basics.

you'll need to provide proof that you and your girl are the genuine artical in regards to being a couple. This can be done with photos of you both over the period of your relationship, letters from british 3rd parties who know you both, (pictures of you with them help). You haven't given much detail re your relationship other than you're not married at present, but have been together for 3 years.This may make your application more difficult, especially if you've not lived togther for a long time, (sorry to pry).

If you have lived togther in thailand, photocopies of all your visas showing you've been here with her will be needed.

in my opinion, the more proof you can furnish them with, the better.

copies of your child's uk passport, translated, certified copies of birth certificates will be needed.

My wife of 10 years just got her spouse visa, we submitted upto 400 pages of information.

You can do it all yourself, or employ a 3rd party to do it. They're not cheap though and will double the cost of the visa. People will start to tell you that you need the 3rd party, and its difficult to do on your own. We did it, it just took a lot of time, and research for both myself and my wife on thai forums.

Vantage Siam do the test. You have to book well in advance. You can use a computer print out accessible after the test, the proper cert comes about 3 weeks after.

Along with the T.B, English test, finacials, living arrangments, your girlfriend will also need a police clearance document.

They're the basics.

you'll need to provide proof that you and your girl are the genuine artical in regards to being a couple. This can be done with photos of you both over the period of your relationship, letters from british 3rd parties who know you both, (pictures of you with them help). You haven't given much detail re your relationship other than you're not married at present, but have been together for 3 years.This may make your application more difficult, especially if you've not lived togther for a long time, (sorry to pry).

If you have lived togther in thailand, photocopies of all your visas showing you've been here with her will be needed.

in my opinion, the more proof you can furnish them with, the better.

copies of your child's uk passport, translated, certified copies of birth certificates will be needed.

My wife of 10 years just got her spouse visa, we submitted upto 400 pages of information.

You can do it all yourself, or employ a 3rd party to do it. They're not cheap though and will double the cost of the visa. People will start to tell you that you need the 3rd party, and its difficult to do on your own. We did it, it just took a lot of time, and research for both myself and my wife on thai forums.

thanks im going to use vantage siam

we have been together for nearly 3 years we have pics, airline ticket,s pixs with uk and thai friends her family

our baby whom is 4 months old now . pics with my dad in phuket over the last 2 years

i have visited los maybe 15 times in the time we together , i did the holiday visa for my gf in jan this year and had no problems at all with it , she came to the uk for 3 months

i think we have more than enough evidence lol

thanks for your help again

• Like 1

Sounds fairly good. But remember that the savings ( it's 62,500 GBP), that is the full amount, must have been "under your control" for at least 6 months, and must be "immediately available". Details are in the link already given to you. If you are self employed, then you cannot combine income and savings. It has to be one or the other.

Tony M

• Like 1

Sounds fairly good. But remember that the savings ( it's 62,500 GBP), that is the full amount, must have been "under your control" for at least 6 months, and must be "immediately available". Details are in the link already given to you. If you are self employed, then you cannot combine income and savings. It has to be one or the other.

Tony M

thanks again tony , i have the funds from my uk divorce £62 k plus

I see that you have a topic in the marriage and divorce forum about getting married in Bangkok.

Remember that a legal marriage in Thailand is also a legal marriage in the UK; therefore you will not be able to marry again in the UK (unless you divorce each other first!).

If you do marry in Bangkok then she does not apply for a fiance visa, she applies for a visa as your spouse.

A fiance visa and a spouse visa are both types of settlement visa and the fee is the same. As I say in UK visit visa basics, unless you have strong reasons for marrying in the UK then marriage in Thailand and a spouse visa is, in my opinion, the better route as it will save making, and paying for, and extra application after the UK marriage.

If you do marry in Bangkok, remember to obtain a certified English translation of your marriage certificate as it will be useful, maybe necessary in some circumstances, once in the UK.

For all UK purposes a certificate by the translator is sufficient; as long as it includes

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
  • the date of the translation;
  • the translator's full name and signature; and
  • the translator's contact details.

However other countries, including most EU ones, also require the translation be certified as correct by the Thai MFA. So you will need this should you wish to visit another EU state and you wife needs to apply for a Schengen visa.

Get this done in Bangkok; it'll be cheaper and easier than doing it in the UK later.

• Like 1

I see that you have a topic in the marriage and divorce forum about getting married in Bangkok.

Remember that a legal marriage in Thailand is also a legal marriage in the UK; therefore you will not be able to marry again in the UK (unless you divorce each other first!).

If you do marry in Bangkok then she does not apply for a fiance visa, she applies for a visa as your spouse.

A fiance visa and a spouse visa are both types of settlement visa and the fee is the same. As I say in UK visit visa basics, unless you have strong reasons for marrying in the UK then marriage in Thailand and a spouse visa is, in my opinion, the better route as it will save making, and paying for, and extra application after the UK marriage.

If you do marry in Bangkok, remember to obtain a certified English translation of your marriage certificate as it will be useful, maybe necessary in some circumstances, once in the UK.

For all UK purposes a certificate by the translator is sufficient; as long as it includes

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
  • the date of the translation;
  • the translator's full name and signature; and
  • the translator's contact details.

However other countries, including most EU ones, also require the translation be certified as correct by the Thai MFA. So you will need this should you wish to visit another EU state and you wife needs to apply for a Schengen visa.

Get this done in Bangkok; it'll be cheaper and easier than doing it in the UK later.

thanks very much for that informative post regards j

Do you have evidence for this? I've asked registrars in England about this twice. In neither case did they say it couldn't be done, but did advise against it because it would cast doubt on the validity of the first registration of the marriage.

My comment is based upon the advice given to my wife and I when she first came to the UK by our local registrar; namely that we were already legally married in the eyes of UK law and so could not marry again. Although we could have a ceremony at the registry office, or a religious ceremony, but not sign the register.

This was later confirmed to me by a family lawyer. It was he who said so doing would technically be bigamy unless we first divorced.

However, I remember a debate on this issue here a while back, and no official department, including the GRO, would give a definitive answer; they merely advised against it or confirmed that it was unnecessary.

Advice such as this from Greenwich: Giving notice of your marriage or civil partnership

Re-marriages

If a couple wishes to re-marry and go through another marriage ceremony with each other for whatever reason, you should be aware that if you are already lawfully married to each other in this country or any other the ceremony will have no legal effect and may cast doubts upon the validity of the marriage which you have already contracted.

and Birmingham: Birmingham Register Office - Notice Of Marriage

If you have already married each other in a foreign country, you should get married again here only if there is a doubt that the marriage ceremony is legally valid in either that country or in the UK. We will need to see the marriage documents issued by that country when you give notice of your marriage.

I cannot find any local authority website which says different.

Indeed, some, like Richmond upon Thames, are even more definite about the issue: Giving Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership at Richmond Register Office

Condition or marital status
The law states that it is not possible to marry the same partner again if you are already in a validly existing marriage or civil partnership.

Which is exactly what we were told by our local registry office.

Then there is this from YouGov: Marriages and civil partnerships in the UK

You can register your overseas marriage or civil partnership in the UK if one of you is:
a UK national marrying a foreign national before a UK consular officer in a country without legal registration facilities
a serving member of, or attached to, the British Armed Forces

Which seems to be saying that as Thailand has legal registration facilities, i.e. registering at an ampur, then one cannot register the marriage again in the UK; unless the Armed Forces exception applies.

But at the end of the day, as a legal marriage in Thailand is also a legal marriage in the UK there is certainly no need to marry again once in the UK; even if so doing is possible.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

My comment is based upon the advice given to my wife and I when she first came to the UK by our local registrar; namely that we were already legally married in the eyes of UK law and so could not marry again. Although we could have a ceremony at the registry office, or a religious ceremony, but not sign the register.

This was later confirmed to me by a family lawyer. It was he who said so doing would technically be bigamy unless we first divorced.

However, I remember a debate on this issue here a while back, and no official department, including the GRO, would give a definitive answer; they merely advised against it or confirmed that it was unnecessary.

I remember that too! laugh.pngsmile.png

When I got married in the UK I asked the registrar about it he said no you couldn't - as you were already married...but a member here swore blind that you could and he did.

RAZZ

Hi damsurin! First of good luck with all visa stage u will go trough ! Just question and info to u I was trying to book English test at Siam they told to my gf can't just book a test u have to study with them for a week or two then when they are sure that person can pass test then put u trough real test ! Which cost 15000 baht!! Did u come to this stage yet? If u did what did u do? Any info will be appreciated mate! Tb test cost 3300baht it can be done 1 day booking advance advise able ! iom Bangkok post-175435-14208679994255_thumb.jpg

Hi damsurin! First of good luck with all visa stage u will go trough ! Just question and info to u I was trying to book English test at Siam they told to my gf can't just book a test u have to study with them for a week or two then when they are sure that person can pass test then put u trough real test ! Which cost 15000 baht!! Did u come to this stage yet? If u did what did u do? Any info will be appreciated mate! Tb test cost 3300baht it can be done 1 day booking advance advise able ! iom Bangkok attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1420867997.231908.jpg

sorry for late reply , but been in jungle for family wedding , i seem to have deleted the email they sent me saying pretty much the same as you are saying here

im looking into differant metiods of doing test , ?