Immigration On-Line Queue System 2015

Tywais

Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted.

The officer spoke good English, as did his assistant, who agreed with him. So there doesn't seem to be any case for misunderstanding.

This seems like a big step backwards to me, as they still have the same number of applications to process.

Thanks Delboy, that's useful information.

Last week my friend was able to get his and his wife's online reservations for November based on retirement. From what you wrote, they should got to Promenada and their appointments will be accepted? If anyone knows of a reason why this wouldn't be the case please post.

Also, because he was in such a hurry to get two appointments, he forgot to print the first one and he didn't note down the code number (yes, he admits to being a wally.) Does anyone know how to get back into the appointment to print?

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted.

The officer spoke good English, as did his assistant, who agreed with him. So there doesn't seem to be any case for misunderstanding.

This seems like a big step backwards to me, as they still have the same number of applications to process.

Just when I thought CM Immigration couldn't get worst, they just did. This is unbelievable these people would permanently cancel the "on-line queue system." When the immigration officers made their dog and pony show presentation at the CM Expats Club, they said they were in the process of improving CM Immigration. Moving to Promenada would be the start of improving their services. Well so much for that. blink.png

Edited by CMNightRider

The mind boggles at that reasoning, doesn't it? facepalm.gif

It does indeed.

Just when I thought CM Immigration couldn't get worst, they just did. This is unbelievable these people would permanently cancel the "on-line queue system." When the immigration officers made their dog and pony show presentation at the CM Expats Club, they said they were in the process of improving CM Immigration. Moving to Promenada would be the start of improving their services. Well so much for that. blink.png

Perhaps the Thai word for "Improved" was misunderstood and used in the incorrect context during the Expat Presentation.

In English, "Improve" means to make better. In Thai, there are a number of words that could be used for "Improve" but just mean 'change' or 'adjust' or 'revise'. Perhaps the I/O at the expat meeting simply meant that there were going to be changes (adjustments / revisions) but that there was no expectation on CM Immigrations part that those were going to mean "better" such as "Improve" means in English.

I hope it will open again. Next online meeting on 1 september for 60 days extension thai child . At the old airport right ?

Don't hold your breath. I've placed my bets in spades on post #83. What I see is eventually Expats being unable to get an appointment at all even if they show up every morning for 30 day prior to their appointment - because - there are more Expat to process than spaces available, and unless your that type to get aggressive and start pushing a shoving to get a ticket, you'll be out of luck. Under those circumstances I might just hire myself an extremely large Thai male to stand in line and obtain my ticket for me however he chooses to do so.

With queuing - I see "Ugly" in the future. Every morning 'queue-up' looking like Black Friday on the Day after Thanksgiving in the US. That sort of "Ugly"

Then what happens if you're not the push and shove type - like myself? Are you going to be forced to leave the country to reapply for an NonO-retirement/NonO-marriage. Probably not. I'll hire the massive Thai guy to get my ticket for me.

I hope it will open again. Next online meeting on 1 september for 60 days extension thai child . At the old airport right ?

Don't hold your breath. I've placed my bets in spades on post #83. What I see is eventually Expats being unable to get an appointment at all even if they show up every morning for 30 day prior to their appointment - because - there are more Expat to process than spaces available, and unless your that type to get aggressive and start pushing a shoving to get a ticket, you'll be out of luck. Under those circumstances I might just hire myself an extremely large Thai male to stand in line and obtain my ticket for me however he chooses to do so.

With queuing - I see "Ugly" in the future. Every morning 'queue-up' looking like Black Friday on the Day after Thanksgiving in the US. That sort of "Ugly"

Then what happens if you're not the push and shove type - like myself? Are you going to be forced to leave the country to reapply for an NonO-retirement/NonO-marriage. Probably not. I'll hire the massive Thai guy to get my ticket for me.

maybe i get lucky but 2 time i do online i make my reservation the date i want , without any problem

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if they are honouring the previously made appointments ??? And is that at the airport office still ??

I made an appointment for September and am in uk getting a nice fresh passport now.. While I have been on the same visa and extensions for 6 or so years, and would like to keep it, I wont partake in that shit show of being there at 4am. If they wont honour the existing appointments I will just get a new visa here and take 90 day holidays.

Need to know now to get a visa app done if not.

Can anyone confirm if they are honouring the previously made appointments ??? And is that at the airport office still ??

I made an appointment for September and am in uk getting a nice fresh passport now.. While I have been on the same visa and extensions for 6 or so years, and would like to keep it, I wont partake in that shit show of being there at 4am. If they wont honour the existing appointments I will just get a new visa here and take 90 day holidays.

Need to know now to get a visa app done if not.

We have reports from members that Immigration Officers have stated that existing appointments will be honored. As you seem to be asking about retirement extensions, those are NOT at the airport office still. You would go to your appointment at Promenada Mall.

Personally, if I were in your situation, I'd probably still just get a new visa since you're back in your home country - you can avoid visiting CM Immigration for up to two years if you get a new visa.

Edited by TheAppletons

Marriage visa.. Still a long way from making a geezer visa option.

Also UK the OA retirement visas are not simple to get any more.. So for the non imm Os it would be only 15 months same as what I could juggle with a marriage.

If I can I would rather stay on the extensions, the vague hope that some time in the future citizenship apps open to those who dont work in Thailand.

Also UK the OA retirement visas are not simple to get any more.. So for the non imm Os it would be only 15 months same as what I could juggle with a marriage.

If I can I would rather stay on the extensions, the vague hope that some time in the future citizenship apps open to those who dont work in Thailand.

Just did my marriage extension last week at the old office on an online appointment and was served on time..no problem.

Don't forget to get your current extension changed over to your new passport when you return as effectively your old passport is dead...and so is your permission to stay until it's transferred to the new book.

Just did my marriage extension last week at the old office on an online appointment and was served on time..no problem.

excellent-4689_preview.png

Don't forget to get your current extension changed over to your new passport when you return as effectively your old passport is dead...and so is your permission to stay until it's transferred to the new book.

My assumption was.. I would arrive with my old extension in my clipped passport.. And get a new permission to stay in my new passport.. Carrying both along for my application for another extension application in late september.. Where I expect to get my under review for 50 or so days put in, and then later another 11 months extension.

Seem to recall thats how it worked many years back in Phuket.

Perhaps the Thai word for "Improved" was misunderstood and used in the incorrect context during the Expat Presentation.

In English, "Improve" means to make better. In Thai, there are a number of words that could be used for "Improve" but just mean 'change' or 'adjust' or 'revise'. Perhaps the I/O at the expat meeting simply meant that there were going to be changes (adjustments / revisions) but that there was no expectation on CM Immigrations part that those were going to mean "better" such as "Improve" means in English.

It seems that people are having trouble with the English language not the Thai.

He said "Moving to Promenada would be the start of improving their services."

He did not say

Moving to Promenade would be the end of improving their services.

Hopefully he was right Time will tell.

How ever they are off to a bad start.sad.png

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that people are having trouble with the English language not the Thai.

He said "Moving to Promenada would be the start of improving their services."

He did not say

Moving to Promenade would be the end of improving their services.

Hopefully he was right Time will tell.

How ever they are off to a bad start.sad.png

When immigration discontinued the "online queue system" they sent a clear message to the expat community they have no intention of improving their services. This will only improve the visa agents customer base. Why would they discontinue this service? Please refer to the second sentence for the answer.