Members who "like" posts too much ... are you too easy with giving the likes?

Jingthing

So from now on when I see you liked a post, I have to think

• Did he really like the post ?
  • Did he like the post ironically ?
  • Did he like the post because he wanted to annoy the poster ?

George, please add an option to discard a Like biggrin.png thumbsup.gif

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

More importantly, add a Dislike button. As long as there is the option to like something

that agrees with your point of view, there should also be the option to give yourself the

option to dislike something. Oh wait, cannot have that, as it may cut down the number

of posts, as you could vent your displeasure with a single click instead of a rebuttal to

the original post... :-)

Dead horse.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More importantly, add a Dislike button. As long as there is the option to like something

that agrees with your point of view, there should also be the option to give yourself the

option to dislike something. Oh wait, cannot have that, as it may cut down the number

of posts, as you could vent your displeasure with a single click instead of a rebuttal to

Dead horse.

Why ? Even Facebook is considering it. Maybe it is too logical.... :-)

Yeah all these endless likes, it feels like bros in a bar back slapping each other.

" Yeah wow, cool post !!! "

http://mashable.com/2014/12/11/facebook-dislike-button-3/

"It's worth noting this isn't the first time Zuckerberg has claimed to be "thinking about" a dislike button— he's made similar comments as far back as 2010.

• Like 1

Dead horse.

Why ? Even Facebook is considering it. Maybe it is too logical.... :-)

Yeah all these endless likes, it feels like bros in a bar back slapping each other.

" Yeah wow, cool post !!! "

good posting!whistling.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

This thread topic has zilch to do with a dislike button. If the actual topic doesn't interest perhaps just no comment? We already have a recent thread all about dislike. Why the need to soil this thread?

I once got over 30 likes for a post. Strange phenomenon, nothing happened for a few days and then suddenly I get all these likes for a not particularly brilliant post. So there is something like a herd mentality sometimes. Maybe some people only read the posts with a like signalled.

I generally give likes to people that have more or less stated what I had wanted to say, sometimes I add something.

On the other hand you may find yourself being hunted down like a child-eating beast by people that haven't properly read the OP, your post or anything at all. I was today told that I had no right to be a school teacher when I was actually describing my experiences taking my child into a school. I got hounded a bit.

Unless a post is particularly obnoxious I rarely tell posters to 'F'... of' but I have done it. What is objectionable is that so many people jump onto a bandwagon and think that they are making themselves popular somehow.

Giving a 'like' gives me pleasure and I'm sure it does to other people too; unfortunately there are people that also like putting individuals down and fortunately this obliges them to actually write something instead of taking the easy way out and using a 'dislike' button.

post-130198-0-20263000-1420130950.jpg

When I laugh out loud at a particular post I indicate I like it, even though I love itwai2.gif , so maybe we need a love button? ( no pun intended ladies..)

But to your point, I would say less is more, which is also my new years resolution, I'd say it's already brokensad.png

signed,

Excess is NOT always success, they lied..

• Like 1

When I laugh out loud at a particular post I indicate I like it, even though I love itwai2.gif , so maybe we need a love button? ( no pun intended ladies..)

But to your point, I would say less is more, which is also my new years resolution, I'd say it's already brokensad.png

signed,

Excess is NOT always success, they lied..

See I did it again! Well, at least there's a daily limit.

Isnt not "liking" the same as not liking ? after all you havnt "liked" it, so therefore you dont.

Perhaps an "impartial" or "couldnt care less" cheesy.gif

I agree.....coz "yes" is not the opposite of "No"....

Or perhaps an " I can't be bothered"....Would have used another word...but can't be - hold on, I'm going round in circles.w00t.gif

The problem is that my posts are so good i just get thousands of likes ,it was the same when i was someone else ,but then someone decided not to like me LOL, i just cannot help being witty and caustic and wonderfull ,"no nurse i am not playing with the computer again ,promise"

• Like 1