Pattaya Central Beach Mall ... busier than all get out New Years Day Night!

Jingthing

There was a mob at the elevators on the 5th floor ... people were butting in, not pretty.

I gave up and went inside Central. The elevators there were empty.

Being a local has bennies.

And don't spill the secret about the Central bathrooms...oops smile.png

I have no idea. Do tell.

Nothing salacious...no "wide stance" there...just, as you already know, clean and uncrowded loos :)

Why did you have to give the secret away!? I have enjoyed many dumps in one of the almost deserted, clean and well equipped toilets at the eastern end of most floors. Hell, even the music has been great (soothing lounge music)?

It seems that most visitors head towards Central for the free parking, food courts and a 'central' base for any wandering around town? I don't see the Central stores full of shoppers, just plenty of window-shoppers and hanging about. Maybe if Central started charging for parking (or need the parking card endorsed by a trader inside) maybe half these buggers wouldn't come here.

Ever since it opened Central has been a huge draw on public holidays for Thais who live within driving distance, though I've never quite understood why. Novelty, I suppose.

As you mention, they dont do much apart from window shop and eat. Many restaurants in Central seem to do good business on public holidays.

I think that's what most Americans do when they visit the mall as well. And you can choose to believe them or not, but I've read Central officials describe in the Bangkok press the Central Beach Mall in Pattaya as their highest grossing mall of all theirs in Thailand.

smile.png
Why did you have to give the secret away!? I have enjoyed many dumps in one of the almost deserted, clean and well equipped toilets at the eastern end of most floors. Hell, even the music has been great (soothing lounge music)?

As long as that's all you enjoyed...we wouldn't want Pattaya to get a bad reputation.

Soviet and Vietnam had a lot of things going on between them from the hard core communist years, trade and army stuff so perhaps visa's are easy to get for Russians?

Yes very bad traffic down town Pattaya yesterday glad I took the scooter and not the truck. It seems Pattaya are a very popular place for Thais now but you wont see them in the beer bars. Hopefully they will soon start heading home but some might stay this weekend. Monday should be back to normal, thank Buddha for that.

Yes. Massive amount of Thais visiting Pattaya/Jomtien this week.

I noticed Jomtien Beach packed with Thais.

I stayed away from Central this year since I knew it was going to be packed.

But where do you think most of the Thais went ? Jomtien beach all the way from the top of Na Jomtien and down to soi Chayapruek , all the thai families from other provinces seem to choose this stretch of the beach for their cheep weekend fun . Even today was bad , no peace for my daily exercise.

Sukhumvit headed south from Pattaya was grid locked at noon. Stop and go all the way past the Ambassador. Mostly Bangkok plates. Took us 30 minutes to get from Tesco South Pattaya to the Ambassador. The Ambassador, by the way, is packed. But from what I hear from business owners nearby, they aren't spending any money.

We were suppose to go to Jomtien last night, but after seeing the traffic at noon, decided to stay home!

Sukhumvit headed south from Pattaya was grid locked at noon. Stop and go all the way past the Ambassador. Mostly Bangkok plates. Took us 30 minutes to get from Tesco South Pattaya to the Ambassador. The Ambassador, by the way, is packed. But from what I hear from business owners nearby, they aren't spending any money.

We were suppose to go to Jomtien last night, but after seeing the traffic at noon, decided to stay home!

Interesting as Saturday left Central/North Pattaya at about 4.00pm to go to Ambassador to play squash. My take was marginally less traffic than an average Saturday at that time but I find it is normally fairly stop go from the lights before the Ambassador.

Left to come back about 6pm and sailed through. Definitely less than normal traffic - was very pleasantly surprised. thumbsup.gif Maybe just my timing was good......

Today early mid afternoon third road between Nua and Tai was almost deserted compared to normal blink.png

Taking the Ye Olde Bahte Buse from North Pattaya to the Tai ... SHOCKINGLY empty all the way down. What a difference a day makes! w00t.gif

Maybe you need to change your deodorant!