French man found hanged in Koh Tao with his hands tied behind his back – foul play suspected

Lite Beer

Picked from one of hes friends statements to share with you all for me it seems they do know something we dont!! Here what he/she commented:

I don't have words to describe the kind of person you all are... It was a suicide, period. The friends and the police are sure. No more quetions, is not a murder! You don't have any right to make this pictures public!! Any right!! Let the people is crying for him alone!!! Is sad enough, we don't need you in this!! Take out this pictures of your stupid investigation Facebook!! If you are a human been, take it out!

Just to reminder to all you t-shirt sellers and other clearly bored and rude invidituals with out no respect for dead people.

Hope all you rope analysts and other bashers are feeling good for your self at mo .

Im quessing all victims friends and family are mortified of all bs u can read here and other forums.

They getting very upset bcase all what people are spreading are clearly far from truth.

And imagine if u would loose loved one ,first u dont need these bloody photos or even worst bunch of conspiracy theorist spin it all upside down. With out no real knowledge

My thoughts are with he's family and friends. Hope some of you here will focus your boredom to something good

Rip

Written by your favorite island apologist...

Where did you get the info regarding the family?. Why is their English writing ability as terrible as yours?. Please provide a link, or a way of searching so if true I can respect their wishes. If it's a load of crap you made up them shame on you.

Islandlfe lives on Koh Tao, has done for 10 years. However seeing as the autopsy has not even been performed yet then its impossible for anyone to be satisfied that its a real suicide even if it is close family or friends

Agree, need to wait for facts but family and friends are a very important part of the facts as they may know if he was troubled or ever suicidal in the past or had made comments that now add up to his taking his life. Most families and friends find it very difficult to accept a suicide of a loved one unless there were signs. Of course even a depressed or suicidal man could be murdered if there was another motive.

Edit: To be clear, I haven't seen anything about statements from family or friends .... so possibly a mute point but not really clear if the above poster is speaking from knowledge or speculating.

More BS

Yeah,from you.

The apologists as always are all over this.

None will state their connections with either RTP or death island business.

Very strange.

BTW, most people think the other B2 investigation is a joke

Maybe because it is delusional and paranoid to believe people who don't agree with a conspiracy theory are government agents or affiliated with them. Be like saying those who believe the accused or innocent must be related to them or being paid by their embassy ... this isn't speculation but rather a serious case paranoia and taking conspiracy theories to an even more cartoonish level

Fail to see the conspiracy theory, the article says the guy was hung with his hands tied behind his back. It states they thought suicide until further inspection, you are the theorist. The worrying thing is, posters predicted a few certain posters would be here defending any wrongdoing on the island and like the sun and the moon one arrives.

Yes "worrying" that posters predicted some folks would come along and say we don't know cause all the facts are in while sharing what is common knowledge for those experienced in suicides that it is not uncommon for victims to tie their hands or even tape their mouths before hanging themselves ... in other words don't jump to any conclusion.

Not sure why you think it is "worrying" that people have come along as predicted to bring common sense and reasoning to the thread.

And yes, without any doubt it is either delusional, paranoid or just disingenuous for anyone to suggest somebody posting here is a government agent or affiliated with the government because of posting on this thread.

No, worrying that your common sense is far from objective in fact it is just highly predictable. I have many views on many matters and realise everything isn't black and white, you just have blinkers on.

You came to the topic with an agenda and I'm sure there will be others along too. Agreed some super sleuth's go a bit far but to dismiss everything like yourself to me is odd.

As for the government agent crap I don't know what your on about?.

• Like 1

Picked from one of hes friends statements to share with you all for me it seems they do know something we dont!! Here what he/she commented:

I don't have words to describe the kind of person you all are... It was a suicide, period. The friends and the police are sure. No more quetions, is not a murder! You don't have any right to make this pictures public!! Any right!! Let the people is crying for him alone!!! Is sad enough, we don't need you in this!! Take out this pictures of your stupid investigation Facebook!! If you are a human been, take it out!

Just to reminder to all you t-shirt sellers and other clearly bored and rude invidituals with out no respect for dead people.

Hope all you rope analysts and other bashers are feeling good for your self at mo .

Im quessing all victims friends and family are mortified of all bs u can read here and other forums.

They getting very upset bcase all what people are spreading are clearly far from truth.

And imagine if u would loose loved one ,first u dont need these bloody photos or even worst bunch of conspiracy theorist spin it all upside down. With out no real knowledge

My thoughts are with he's family and friends. Hope some of you here will focus your boredom to something good

Rip

Where did you get the info regarding the family?. Why is their English writing ability as terrible as yours?. Please provide a link, or a way of searching so if true I can respect their wishes. If it's a load of crap you made up them shame on you.

Islandlfe lives on Koh Tao, has done for 10 years. However seeing as the autopsy has not even been performed yet then its impossible for anyone to be satisfied that its a real suicide even if it is close family or friends

I thought the relatives request was quite clear

Guessing is clear to you?

Its terrible im quessing bcase they who written that comment is French and English not the first language. Like aint myne either.

Also meny times writing upset or even worst after terrible loss of friend or family member pretty shure correct grammar aint first in mind.

Yes. Im pretty shure that there is no faul play as have heard this from several sources including people close to subject.

Agree with Chilli hundred % ,please take the picks down and stop spreading your own views when dont have slightest idea of enything what have happened.

Is that really your best attempt at writing bad English? Me thinks somebody's had a few. ;)

A close family or friend may very well know with almost certainty it was a suicide without an autopsy. Not saying one should not be performed and things should be solely based on family or friends but the statement of family and friends are weighted very heavily to confirm suicide. While some cases it takes family by surprise and they will be in denial partly since suicides often leave questions of exactly how they were committed but other times the person has a history of depression, hurting themselves, mental conditions or maybe had made comments that family or friends didn't pick-up on initially. Bottom line is "IF" family and friends believe at this point it is a suicide, unless they were involved in a murder, they probably are right but again, this isn't proof and an investigation needs to be completed but it would be a very strong indication "IF" this is the case.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

Ever tried to tie your own hands behind your back? Why would anybody even consider it is suicide because of that?

Suicidal hanging cases where the victim’s hands were tied behind his back, thus preventing any attempt to save himself, are extremely rare .

http://www.academia.edu/903627/Precautions_Taken_to_Avoid_Abandoning_the_Act_of_Hanging_and_Reducing_Pain_in_Suicidal_Hanging_Cases

Quick Google, 17/72 hanging cases in this study, pretty surprising. (Contains pics, be warned)

Unfortunately I had a friend hang himself years ago and he tied his hands so he couldn't back out of it.

I'd hazard a guess at murder hangings being rarer than suicides with hands tied.

That said, this case is suspicious obviously, for me the cuts etc..

Having looked at photos from the crime scene now, I'm actually not convinced this is anything other than suicide.

• Cuts could be self harm, an initial attempt at suicide before deciding on another method;
  • There seem to be no signs of a struggle;
  • From what I can make out, the hands are not tied tight together behind the back;
  • The victims sarong or towel or whatever that is, is undisturbed and worn neatly.

I would not recommend others to look at these images, they are distressing.

So perhaps it is right to hold back judgement on this?

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

Having looked at photos from the crime scene now, I'm actually not convinced this is anything other than suicide.

• Cuts could be self harm, an initial attempt at suicide before deciding on another method;
  • From what I can make out, the hands are not tied tight together behind the back;
  • The victims sarong or towel or whatever that is, is undisturbed and worn neatly.

I'd ask for the link but seems distasteful now... plus really just wondered if there was a chair knocked over or some other means visible of how he may have got up to hung himself.

And yes, another thing not uncommon would be self inflected wounds and not being able to go through with it -- would also explain why he may have tied his hands.

• Like 1

I'd ask for the link but seems distasteful now... plus really just wondered if there was a chair knocked over or some other means visible of how he may have got up to hung himself.

And yes, another thing not uncommon would be self inflected wounds and not being able to go through with it -- would also explain why he may have tied his hands.

It still needs proper scrutiny though, especially considering the other recent cases on Koh Tao.

• Like 1

Ever tried to tie your own hands behind your back? Why would anybody even consider it is suicide because of that?

Suicidal hanging cases where the victim’s hands were tied behind his back, thus preventing any attempt to save himself, are extremely rare .

http://www.academia.edu/903627/Precautions_Taken_to_Avoid_Abandoning_the_Act_of_Hanging_and_Reducing_Pain_in_Suicidal_Hanging_Cases

Quick Google, 17/72 hanging cases in this study, pretty surprising. (Contains pics, be warned)

Unfortunately I had a friend hang himself years ago and he tied his hands so he couldn't back out of it.

I'd hazard a guess at murder hangings being rarer than suicides with hands tied.

That said, this case is suspicious obviously, for me the cuts etc..

Yeah, I think suicide is actually more likely than murder.

The two cuts were on the wrist and just below the elbow joint, pretty much where you'd go at your veins I'd imagine, and just a few cm each. Not that I know much more than the typical CSI viewer.

Hope this doesn't come across as thoughtless or offensive, but I would guess the guy had a go at nicking his veins but realised the pain and nastiness of it would be a bit much, and so hung himself.

Rip

I thought the relatives request was quite clear

Guessing is clear to you?

Its terrible im quessing bcase they who written that comment is French and English not the first language. Like aint myne either.

Also meny times writing upset or even worst after terrible loss of friend or family member pretty shure correct grammar aint first in mind.

Yes. Im pretty shure that there is no faul play as have heard this from several sources including people close to subject.

Agree with Chilli hundred % ,please take the picks down and stop spreading your own views when dont have slightest idea of enything what have happened.

Is that really your best attempt at writing bad English? Me thinks somebody's had a few. ;)

Why would someone attemp to write bad English?? Im certain i write better when drunk as then dont think to think way 2 much what saying.

Springs to mind what does this have to do with topic?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif behind his back...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..gawd 'elp us sane folk.......w00t.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif behind his back...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..gawd 'elp us sane folk.......w00t.gif

T, although I don't believe a word of the Hannah and David case, this does actually look like suicide.

Guess we'll just have to wait for another report.

cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif:cheesy: behind his back...cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif ..gawd 'elp us sane folk.......w00t.gif

Might want to check the links provided in this thread as well as maybe an internet search before ruling out suicide based on hands being tied behind his back since it is not all that uncommon of a thing to do before hanging oneself.

Edit: For some examples: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788835-french-man-found-hanged-in-koh-tao-with-his-hands-tied-behind-his-back-foul-play-suspected/page-11#entry8889279

Without a) the lacerations in the body cool.png the photos of the deceased c) the prior MO given by a person, graphic enough to match the scene or d) a mystery frenchman providing a testimony on prev. mentioned related case - I'd given some benefit of doubt for the situation. So far the original leaks came from (Khaw or ข่าว) Thailand Online, and a Burmese democracy blogger - the photographer is still unknown. There appears to be some officials one might want to have a word in the background of the photo with the hands tied behind his back (included)

attachicon.gifaskfromthese.jpg

Jabis, my memory is getting frail, but did I not recently read that there was a witness to the recent Koh Tao murders and that this was a Frenchman?

Or am I imagining that?

http://friendsinthailand.com/2014/09/23/frenchman-can-id-killers-molestation-witness-in-protective-custody/

Was later claimed that this was referring to Sean McAnna, but the date is wrong by a day and almost everything else conflicts with what Sean himself says.

• Like 1

Maybe he tied his own hands behind his back before he hung himself, or maybe the cops are making it up as they go along.

Things like this happen in Thailand whistling.gif

??? What do you mean the police may be making it up? The police tied his hand behind his back to make a suicide look like a murder or lied about his hands being tied behind his back to make it look like a suicide or that nobody really died?

T, although I don't believe a word of the Hannah and David case, this does actually look like suicide.

Yes this is spot on. There's a clear motive and I doubt a murderer wd do it in the open like that.

Its very obviously a suicide

This awfully sad situation needs proper investigation. But on outward appearances I would not jump to the conclusion this is murder. Still can't blame folks for being suspicious.

• Like 1