Tuk-com, scammed again

torefelgen

Well it said so on the tlf and on the box too

I highly doubt Samsung has any mobile phone manufacturing plants in Italy. Maybe it said something like it was made for the Italian market or something to that affect. You should have noted the serial number of your phone before you handed it over for service. And another thing, why did you go to Tuk Com to service your phone, as you seem to have had bad prior experiences there, and not to either the official Samsung store at Central Beach mall or the Samsung Service center?

Going to the Samsung store or Samsung Service Center may result in a new motherboard.......@THB 4,800 at least!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samsung phones are region locked when purchased. If they are used to make 5 minutes of calls in the region where bought then the lock goes away. It is done to try to stop grey market sales.

Thanks. I could understand that. Logical.

By the way, when you buy a Samsung mobile in Europa, you don't get warranty in Thailand and vice versa.

Yes most phone sold in Thailand have a Thailand only warranty,

but I doubt a lot about the "and vice versa"...

AFAIK phones from Samsung, LG, Apple,... sold in France - by example - have a worldwide warranty. smile.png

I got this information from the Samsung Service Center in Pattaya at the Suk. If true or not...i don't know. I bought my Samsung phone in Thailand. Also my Samsung Notebook.

Not entirely true, at least not until 2 years ago......I bought a Galaxy S Advance in Holland and was told that my warranty was Worldwide.

I did go to the SS Service Center once and they helped me out after they checked the IMEI and the warranty date.

Things could have been changed of course.

Tor the minute you either knew that the phone would not accept the sim card you should have known that they could not jailbreak the phone. They must have told you that. The older verizon phones from the U.S. don't even have a sim card slot. If you would have asked other vendors they would have told you it wouldn't work & you would have found out that the going prices are 300 baht to unlock a phone. Every vendor charges the same price to be competitive. I have had 3 phones unlocked by 3 companies . Never over 300 baht to do the Job. Any of the IT phone centers deal with main stream phones only. If you would have asked to see if anyone would buy the newer note you would have had zero takers as it only works for your home country. That is why I can buy a !phone 4 or note 2 in the U.S. for $40-$80.00 while T-Mobile or ATT are 4 times as much since they work on ANY companies or countries sim cards. If you are bringing in foreign phones make sure they are made with dual sim cards or have access to change sim cards as anything but is junk over here. Don't replace it with a 6000 baht copy phone either in Tukom they will always tell you it is a copy if you ask.

You start by saying that anyone could have told the OP that unlocking doesn't work, then you continue that you had 3 phones successfully unlocked for 300 Baht.

Yes I did Anthony all USA phones Samsung I-phone & Nokia on T- Mobile network & ATT if you read the post it mentions these points. And if the phone does not have a sim card settup how can you get the code if there is no sim slot that requires the code to unlock it. The dead givaway is IT HAS NO SIM. Just about every vendor there will tell you no can do.

The non sim card phone has more to do with the carrier in Norway that provided service. That is why any Verizon phone on EBAY that still uses the non sim card phones are worthless in any country unless you keep the phone sevice in the states Or Norway with the type of specific service for phones. To have a workable International phone it needs a sim card slot or you cannot unlock it for Thailand or other countries. Next time you are at com city see how many Verizon based phones they have in the used phones None. Good for a fishing weight if you remove the battery.

11 years & I have never once been scammed in tuk com. Same as building a house here if you have no clue & don't look in the DIY forums in Thailand you will inevidebly pay more & get the I can do (before you find out the contractor was a somtam cook before & never mixed mud in his life. It is Asia the land of tricksters . You have to be smart & check things out before diving into them.

Edited by Beardog

Tor the minute you either knew that the phone would not accept the sim card you should have known that they could not jailbreak the phone. They must have told you that. The older verizon phones from the U.S. don't even have a sim card slot. If you would have asked other vendors they would have told you it wouldn't work & you would have found out that the going prices are 300 baht to unlock a phone. Every vendor charges the same price to be competitive. I have had 3 phones unlocked by 3 companies . Never over 300 baht to do the Job. Any of the IT phone centers deal with main stream phones only. If you would have asked to see if anyone would buy the newer note you would have had zero takers as it only works for your home country. That is why I can buy a !phone 4 or note 2 in the U.S. for $40-$80.00 while T-Mobile or ATT are 4 times as much since they work on ANY companies or countries sim cards. If you are bringing in foreign phones make sure they are made with dual sim cards or have access to change sim cards as anything but is junk over here. Don't replace it with a 6000 baht copy phone either in Tukom they will always tell you it is a copy if you ask.

You start by saying that anyone could have told the OP that unlocking doesn't work, then you continue that you had 3 phones successfully unlocked for 300 Baht.

Yes I did Anthony all USA phones Samsung I-phone & Nokia on T- Mobile network & ATT if you read the post it mentions these points. And if the phone does not have a sim card settup how can you get the code if there is no sim slot that requires the code to unlock it. The dead givaway is IT HAS NO SIM. Just about every vendor there will tell you no can do.

But the OP's phone had a SIM, every phone in Europe has a SIM because they are GSM, not cellular phone which are used in the US but have never been used in Europe.

But the OP's phone had a SIM, every phone in Europe has a SIM because they are GSM, not cellular phone which are used in the US but have never been used in Europe.

The Op had not posted that it had a sim card when I posted. Regardless if the code is entered a european sim card set up can still be unlocked & made useable on any other country. That is what the unlock code is. What I am surprised at is the OP has not stated that the companies that do business there usually make a point of telling you it may not work. Out of 2 different companies & a third company from a phone from England for a friend we were both told it may not work It is a risk you take when jailbreaking any phone. If you look online everyone agrees that it may not work.

I couldn't get the edit to work but the network Gsm or other needs to be right for Ais Dtac True or BBB to work. There are a ton of used phones from Europe over here. If they have a sim card slot they should be able to put in the code to unlock it. Doubtful that Norway would block anything other than a European sim & lock themselves out of the international phone sales & any of the other companies Unless they made agreements with the carrier to not have a sim slot would be a very undesireable way to do business for Samsung or any other phone maker. It looks like from the label they are trying to keep people on the carrier without coming out & saying that thats their intentions. The shop probably has it listed in Thai that unlocking may not work & could brick the phone, I don't read Thai so I wouldn't know if it was listed but I always ask questions before letting anyone do work on equipment. If they don't speak English I roll up to the next shop. Most list the price for unlocking. So if it is written in Thai the OP has zero recourse on filing with the police. And even if it isn't listed it would probably cost as much as the phone to get the police to do anything.

tukkom sucks... 200 of the same counters sellng the same goods at the same price... can you say MONOPOLY???

I wouldn't go there with anything really expensive or very important. Having said that, there is a lot of knowledge in that building and if you are stuck, you might find the solution you need. Two years ago I did buy a cheap Magnavox phone for basic voice and text that does all I need for chatting with folks back in the USA. For anything routine, I have usually been happy with Big C at the other end of Second Road.

Sticker from copy??

torefelgen, the IMEI on the sticker, matches the IMEI on the box.

So you think they made a fake sticker with your original IMEI number??

Ok, so if they did that, you can check, using your original IMEI, as to where you phone was made and when. Look here

Let us know the result.

The OP can also dial *#06# on the phone in question to get the current IMEI for the phone to see if it matches. However often times the IMEI can be changed. For instance, in replacement of the main board.

Sticker from copy??

torefelgen, the IMEI on the sticker, matches the IMEI on the box.

So you think they made a fake sticker with your original IMEI number??

Ok, so if they did that, you can check, using your original IMEI, as to where you phone was made and when. Look here

Let us know the result.

I just enered my emei in that page and the comments read like this. I bought the phone April 2012, not end of 2012 as the comments say.

Is that some sick joke?

Neutral by callme2409 on 2013/12/06 08:04
Opinion: -1 +
i mobile is stolen. If any one find it. Msg me. Complaint already logged.
Neutral by MerzR10 on 2014/03/01 07:10
Opinion: 2 +
Hello which part your phone was stolen
Neutral by Anonymous on 2014/08/14 23:46
Opinion: 1 +
this phone has been stolen
Neutral by Anonymous on 2014/08/14 23:48
Opinion: 1 +
this phone was stolen in the end of 2012 !!!
Neutral by Anonymous on 2014/08/14 23:50
Opinion: 2 +
callme2409 : how did you get this galaxy note mobile ???????
Neutral by Anonymous on 2014/12/10 20:57
Opinion: 0 +
where did u lose the phone?
Neutral by 0598 on 2014/12/19 03:18
Anas
Positive by M.Ggg on 2014/12/23 00:13
I've found a phone in london, was brand new and only had one picture on it..I notified the police and kept it at the pub it was found in since..had no sim card in it or nothing..
Add comment: positive neutral negative

Podpis:

NOTE: The comments do not support any markup.

Kod weryfikacyjny: ffb2b80cc3318871e68d1f47d2778c1a.pngPrzepisz tekst z obrazka. Jeśli chcesz uniknąć tej weryfikacji to zaloguj się (lub zarejestruj).

Viewed 31041 times.

Sticker on new note 3 from samsung central festival

IMEI of your Note 3 can be seen on the sticker, the same IMEI is on the sticker on the box, as a poster here already pointed out.

In the Settings menu, go to About Phone submenu, it has phones IMEI there as well. Yours ends with 5341/4

So it seems this is your phone.

Phone IMEI can changed. But the shop in Tukcomm printing a sticker? Don't think so!

Can I ask what makes you think they swaped your phone?

And one poster here suggesting they gave you a fake Note 3, no manufacturer has been able to come up with more vivid, and high contrast displey than Samsung's AMOLED, I doubt Chinese fakes have AMOLED screens lol. If they gave you a fake, you would notice the difference immidiately.

The box has some Italian flag colours, doesn't say it is made in Italy, looks like it is packaged for Italian market.

So maybe no scam at all?

Sticker from copy??

You have posted 2 pics of the sticker on the phones, sticker behind battery.

I understand one of them is yours, and IMEI on it is same on the phone stiker, and sticker on your box.

Then you posted another pic, a Note 3 at Central shop.

Both phones say Made in Vietnam.

Your opening post says 'But the tlf i get back is made in taiwan'

Can you post a photo of THAT sticker, sticker thay says made in Taiwan, please?

1- when giving your phones or other items such as laptops or cameras, lenses, etc. to a shop, do a photo of the serial number or IMEI first, best to it in front of them.

2- never buy devices which are region- or carrier-locked.

I always buy my phones in Thailand because many dual SIM models aren't sold in Europe.

I have a Note 3 Neo Duos, and it's the best phone I ever had. Battery life is awesome with 3100 mAh.

P.S.

Samsung doesn't produce phones in Italy.

Edited by manarak

1- when giving your phones or other items such as laptops or cameras, lenses, etc. to a shop, do a photo of the serial number or IMEI first, best to it in front of them.

I always buy my phones in Thailand because many dual SIM models aren't sold in Europe.

I have a Note 3 Neo Duos, and it's the best phone I ever had. Battery life is awesome with 3100 mAh.

P.S.

Where would you recommend buying a phone in Pattaya, Thailand? I'm looking for a 4G 2 SIM phone.

P.S.

Where would you recommend buying a phone in Pattaya, Thailand? I'm looking for a 4G 2 SIM phone.

I don't know about 4G phones (never needed more than the 20 to 80 Mbits HSPA+ provides), but you will find the best phone deals at Powerbuy, Big C and Tesco (small vendors can never be bargained below these prices), plus you will have the guarantee that the shop will still be there in one year if there is a problem with your product.

P.S.

7/11 have good deals on 4G two sim phones at the moment - some kind of True promotion. (I think it is only True that offers 4G?)

P.S.

7/11 have good deals on 4G two sim phones at the moment - some kind of True promotion. (I think it is only True that offers 4G?)
I get free 4G back in the UK so I might as well buy a phone that is compatible. I'll have a look 7/11, shops are tiny though, can't have much choice?

P.S.

I don't know about 4G phones (never needed more than the 20 to 80 Mbits HSPA+ provides), but you will find the best phone deals at Powerbuy, Big C and Tesco (small vendors can never be bargained below these prices), plus you will have the guarantee that the shop will still be there in one year if there is a problem with your product.

Lazada is a good guide on prices and possibly even a purchase

So ridiculous to think that any electronic device is made in Italy and even more ridiculous to think that we should use devices only in the country we buy them.

Mostly it's carriers who block the phones, not the manufacturers, not samsung...

So ridiculous that some do not read the thread in entirety before responding because doing so they would know that samsung do region lock phones. As this one was.

So ridiculous to think that any electronic device is made in Italy and even more ridiculous to think that we should use devices only in the country we buy them.

Mostly it's carriers who block the phones, not the manufacturers, not samsung...

So ridiculous that some do not read the thread in entirety before responding because doing so they would know that samsung do region lock phones. As this one was.

apparently, they do region-lock until activation, no lock afterwards.