Rock star Pete Doherty checks out of rehab in Thailand

webfact

Rock star Pete Doherty checks out of rehab in Chon Buri
By Coconuts Bangkok

pete.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rock star Pete Doherty has checked out of a rehab center in Chon Buri after apparently beating his heroin addiction.
Doherty checked out over Christmas and is now supposedly recording new music with his band mates from The Libertines at a secret location in Thailand.

Simon Mott, who runs the Hope Rehab Centre, confirmed that Doherty has departed after completing a treatment plan that included a combination of methadone, counseling, exercise and intense therapy.

He also revealed that Doherty was sent heroin in the post on two separate occasions and that he relapsed in early December after being off heroin for nearly two months. But the 35-year-old has allegedly been clean since.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/05/rock-star-pete-doherty-checks-out-rehab-chon-buri

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-05

"Rock star Pete Doherty has checked out of a rehab center in Chon Buri after apparently beating his heroin addiction..Doherty’s one relapse into heroin use came when he went to Bangkok in early December."

Sounds like the addiction beat him after a short visit to Bangkok. Probably won't be those temptations when he returns to his old environment. I doubt the odds makers in London are giving great odds on him staying clean.

Edited by jaltsc

Won't last with friends who send him smack through the post.

Probably at his request.

Rest of band in Thailand as well.

Wonder who sent it?

Probably his UK dealer who doesn't want his income to drop.

bit risky posting from the uk

Congrats to TV for posting this.

A guy tries to take care of a problem and simply can't possible do it with any privacy whatsoever.

Nice goin'

He did no less than 2 videos of his "stint in rehab Hope".

He is publicizing himself and the place.

Not looking for privacy.

Looks like another self absorbed artist with money and means.

Why get clean?

• Like 1

Congrats to TV for posting this.

A guy tries to take care of a problem and simply can't possible do it with any privacy whatsoever.

Nice goin'

His privacy remains intact with me as I have absolutely no idea who this prawn-head is, and no desire to enlighten myself.

Story filed under 'Ignorance and Apathy", aka the round filing cabinet.

Don't know the guy as well and never heard of his band. So unlike you I was curious and did a search, since his name sounded familiar. Looks like I had him mixed up with snooker player Ken Doherty.

• Like 1

I'm surprised he had the guts to go and score heroin in Bangkok, man what a risky proposition...go to Vientiane or Phnom Penh if you want to do that, but BKK, damn that takes some balls....must have known some people, can't imagine someone like him would be satisfied with crappy quality..

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

I want to open a detox clinic and call it "The Golden Triangle Detox Clinic For No Talented Wannabee Musicians".

The garden will have poppies, each room will have a different theme after a musician who overdosed and a bag of China White or Mexican Black tar under your pillow every night to test your willpower.

Our slogan: Feeling lucky, punk?

• Like 2

No one 'beats an addiction'. The addiction is there for the rest of your life and you take one day at a time sober. Plus methadone is more addiction than heroin....once you get on that shit you never get off. The best chance of having a lengthy time without heroin is to take Subutex.....it is a partial opioid receptor agonist and binds very tightly to the opioid receptors in the brain...heroin cannot dislodge Subutex from the receptors and the patient feels good because the receptors are partially agonised. It cut the accidental death rate from heroin or methadone overdose in France by over 90%. It's also available in combination with naloxone...the combination reduces the abuse potential of Subutex to zero (it was designed by giving it to addicts and asking them how much they would pay....they titrated the dose of naloxone until the street value of the drug was zero). It's wonderful stuff and available generically albeit restrictedly in developed countries. I don;t know it's status in Thailand but rehab without Subutex/Suboxone is pointless.

• Like 1