Kidney problem after water vending machine ?

oMega69

Why don't you try drinking good quality water for a few weeks and see what happens.

I'm amazed at how many people will drink the cheapest water they can find. Yes, water is "supposed" to be cheap, but that was in a world that used to be. When you think about what the true value of water is to your body and life maintenance, water is actually extremely valuable and should be one of your highest priorities.

Amazingly people will spend 50 baht on one bottle of beer and drink several of them, but become super-cheap Charlies when it comes to buying water.

In my home in Oregon I have the pleasure of drinking pristine water from a 100 meter deep well. Here in Thailand I buy Volvec bottled water from a natural mineral water spring in France. Yes, it's expensive ... compared to the price of other waters ... but that's fine with me. I'll just drink one less beer per day. 555

• Like 1

I will follow this threat and hope it will lead somewhere. I just experienced symptoms that look quite similar for about a year and so far no hospital could give me a clue, despite exams, checks, analysis..

A strange feeling: the pain is very localized (but the location can vary a few cm from one day to another), moderate to acute but bearable, in the low right side of the torso, rather at the periphery and coming by periods of 5 to 10 days, then months without any signs.

The feeling is a little bit as if you (gently) hit your pelvic bone with a hammer head

"muscle pain".. doesn't fit with the precise but changing location

"intestine inflammation"... too peripheral

I rather start wondering if it's not a nerve somewhere else sending a wrong pain signal. Could be caused by wrong working posture...

I will follow this threat and hope it will lead somewhere. I just experienced symptoms that look quite similar for about a year and so far no hospital could give me a clue, despite exams, checks, analysis..

A strange feeling: the pain is very localized (but the location can vary a few cm from one day to another), moderate to acute but bearable, in the low right side of the torso, rather at the periphery and coming by periods of 5 to 10 days, then months without any signs.

The feeling is a little bit as if you (gently) hit your pelvic bone with a hammer head

I rather start wondering if it's not a nerve somewhere else sending a wrong pain signal. Could be caused by wrong working posture...

if you want to rule out it being a trapped nerve or a nerve signal problem, why don't you go to a very respectable acupuncturist? If they are genuine and good you may be surprised at what they can find out from your body

May I suggest you start your own thread on this as it will get way too confusing trying to sort out your issue and the OP's at the same time. as they are likely different in cause. From the little you have said, sounds like yours may be musculoskelatal.

If you are only drinking 1-1.5 liters a day then your kidneys might be aching from dehydration. On the other hand they can hurt as hell if you are drinking to much. I followed a diet/exercise tips and drank about 8-10 liters of fluids a day for almost 2 weeks then I got severe pain in my kidneys and was confined to the hospital for 3 days with IV before the pain was gone and my blood and urine samples were back to normal.

Now I can get a pain in my kidneys when eating to much eggs!

One other problem is that if you are constantly drinking the purified water you might get a mineral deficiency as the good minerals are filtered away together with the bad stuff. For example if you would drink distilled water you would get sick and maybe die because as it's a pure water it basically flushes out the minerals from your body. So I buy spring water for pure drinking and use filtered water for cooking, coffee and so on.

Someone mentioned soda water, drink that mixed with juice from a lime every morning if you have high blood pressure. My old boss told me that and I tried it, I got my blood pressure down from 160/100 to 140/85 without any meds! Ok it can be that I exercise and try to regulate my sodium intake too...

If you are only drinking 1-1.5 liters a day then your kidneys might be aching from dehydration. On the other hand they can hurt as hell if you are drinking to much. I followed a diet/exercise tips and drank about 8-10 liters of fluids a day for almost 2 weeks then I got severe pain in my kidneys and was confined to the hospital for 3 days with IV before the pain was gone and my blood and urine samples were back to normal.

One other problem is that if you are constantly drinking the purified water you might get a mineral deficiency as the good minerals are filtered away together with the bad stuff. For example if you would drink distilled water you would get sick and maybe die because as it's a pure water it basically flushes out the minerals from your body. So I buy spring water for pure drinking and use filtered water for cooking, coffee and so on.

Someone mentioned soda water, drink that mixed with juice from a lime every morning if you have high blood pressure. My old boss told me that and I tried it, I got my blood pressure down from 160/100 to 140/85 without any meds! Ok it can be that I exercise and try to regulate my sodium intake too...

8-10 liters of fluids a day

Holy crap you could have killed yourself! That is how a lot of people how die from taking ecstasy die, they literally drown their brains with water.

a feeling of "sea sickneess" can have many causes, most of them unrelated to kidney. And apparently your kidney function has been checked and is normal (though that would not rule out stones).

Would help if you described this pain - exact location and what it is like. Is it is really severe, colicky crampy pain? Or more like an ache? etc.

Its just a light pain (ache). . . 5% . . . but its enoying . . . . can be for 1to7 days then disperse for 3-12month then come back again . . . . But if have kidney stones that is should have pain when pee right ? i dont feel that . . .

Doctor was knocking on the kidney area to see if i feel pain from it.. i did not . . blood test was good . . . urine test was good no bacterial . .

Yes i would like a ultrasound just dont have the $ for it right now. . . . . . before for sure i did not drink the 3L water that u should... maybe half of that. . . but now days i do the 3L . . .

wait some days see if it helps with bottled water to flush the system .

p.s.... if i go out and drink let us say 10 beers pain will go away from the high intake on liquid . . . . . .

Edited by oMega69

I drink a minimum of 3 litres of water a day! ( but then i am outside in the sun all day,walking and swimming for quite a few KM) But i have been very ill with " Bacteria Problems " from those water machines and have been advised by Doctors and Pharmacies NOT to drink the water ever! They don't change the filter every 6 months ( which they should do! ) and it's only just good enough to " cook " with!

F.J x

• Like 1

Holy crap you could have killed yourself! That is how a lot of people how die from taking ecstasy die, they literally drown their brains with water.

I know of people who drank 20 beer (0.5 liter) for several days every day and maybe other non alcoholic things. They are getting problems when older but not kidney...more the liver.

The best investment you could make in Thailand is to buy a machine to boil the water.

Any heavy metals present will actually be made even more toxic if boiled

why are heavy metals more toxic after boiled? It shouldn't matter to them, or?

I forget the science but I did read about it before, try looking through this link if you are interested

http://www.evenbetterhealth.com/heavy-metal-poisoning.asp

Sorry that webpage is BS.

"When the body is in a tub of warm water, the warm water opens up the pores of the skin, and the positively charged toxic particles are drawn through the pores of the skin, to be absorbed by the clay."

EDTA intravenous works but that isn't something you would do easily as it has plenty of problems.

Forget that webpage

I know of people who drank 20 beer (0.5 liter) for several days every day and maybe other non alcoholic things. They are getting problems when older but not kidney...more the liver.

hat's a different thing entirely though, this is about the amount of water/fluids within a short space of time. 10 litres in 1 day could quite easily kill someone. I have stopped alcohol now but the large bottles of Leo, I was drinking 8-12 a night at one point. Glad I stopped because that is an easy access to death right there.

May I suggest you start your own thread on this as it will get way too confusing trying to sort out your issue and the OP's at the same time. as they are likely different in cause. From the little you have said, sounds like yours may be musculoskelatal.

Wise advice indeed and thanks for the lead.

My case might be too specific to justify a thread at this stage but meanwhile I will sure follow this one just in case

You're overthinking this. Seasickness nausea comes from inner ear imbalance.

I suffered from it severely for years.

inner ear imbalance is usually a calcium buildup in the inner ear.

You are absolutely correct and I googled a bit and need to restate that motion sickness and seasickness don't come from the inner ear imbalance.

It comes from what this says.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_sickness

Never the less, it has nothing to do with kidneys.

I am firmly in the "don't touch them" camp now after seeing the filters coming out of one, black as coal. One was not looking so bad so they shoved it back in to work for another month, not even for cooking now

Yep that decides that then, tomorrow I am going to buy a couple crates of soda water, I wonder if Chang soda water is bad for you in any way, knowing this place it probably is. Maybe the bottles have been recycled and cleaned with nasty chemicals or something.I refuse to turn to Nestle like I said, due to a moral standpoint and I don't like the idea of plastic bottles for various reasons.

I know, the doctors told me! I did work in the heavy steel industry at that time and when drinking "only" 3-4 liters a day my urine was dark orange.

I was young and dumb at that time and today more than 20 years later I still get pain in my kidneys from time to time depending on what I eat and drink because of damages made back then.

Now I try to keep it at 3-5 liters a day, not more not less!

Kidney stones, liver flukes, worms, gall stones, appendix.

Loads of potential problems in that area, see another doctor, some of the guys in Thai hospitals are clueless.

and Gall Bladder problems Gall stones etc

Why don't you try drinking good quality water for a few weeks and see what happens.

I'm amazed at how many people will drink the cheapest water they can find. Yes, water is "supposed" to be cheap, but that was in a world that used to be. When you think about what the true value of water is to your body and life maintenance, water is actually extremely valuable and should be one of your highest priorities.

Amazingly people will spend 50 baht on one bottle of beer and drink several of them, but become super-cheap Charlies when it comes to buying water.

In my home in Oregon I have the pleasure of drinking pristine water from a 100 meter deep well. Here in Thailand I buy Volvec bottled water from a natural mineral water spring in France. Yes, it's expensive ... compared to the price of other waters ... but that's fine with me. I'll just drink one less beer per day. 555

What is good water ? the most expensive ridiculous singha or nestle bottles, or just any mineral water ?

I do not wish to pay high price for any DRINKING WATER. It should be free and only mineral water should have a price.

There is no need to buy expensive drinking water from the 7 eleven! I have my drinking water delivered to my front door ( no tip ) a 20 Litre container costs just 15 baht here in Pattaya.

Here is a " cool photo " of myself demonstrating to " our viewers " the water containers.......F.J wub.png

post-193254-0-77437100-1420654857_thumb.

What is good water ? the most expensive ridiculous singha or nestle bottles, or just any mineral water ?

I do not wish to pay high price for any DRINKING WATER. It should be free and only mineral water should have a price.

There are many things that "should" be free. Good luck with that.

You guys referring to those roadside machines that are around 1 baht for a litre of water? me and the missus have been using them for at least 3 years now. I don't know what to trust, those or bottled water. may invest in a PH testing kit, what do you all do for drinking water?

PH doesn't tell you anything about the water quality.

it is 1 indicator, there are many factors to what makes water good or bad quality. What do you do for water, again I repeat the question. Bottled water? I don't trust huge corporations for many reasons but there is pretty much no alternative, I have drank from the tap a few times with little problems

Can you tell us what the little problems were ?

Cheers..... Mal.

There are people who we call "doctors" that deal with these kinds of complaints, perhaps visiting one or two would be advisable.

AND you think these doctors know more than TV members... you really are "Impossible"

Sorry.... I just had to.Sometimes my fingers just do as they please.

Kept to my promise and bought a 24 of Singha soda water, feels good. It's moreish though, which isn't a bad thing.. I would like to know what is in it though, no ingredient listings of what they have added for this stuff, I am guessing a little salt of some kind.