Why are there so many English man living in Thailand?.

georgemandm

You ever see English women? Over 35?

I know some over 35 but under 40 and yes, gorgeous and intelligent and kind and funny.

My favourite is a blonde chartered geologist from Newcastle.

How much does it cost to charter her for an entire weekend?

God bless her and all who sail in her.

• Like 2

Those who move here full-time but don't get stuck here (by building a house, etc) usually end up going back home eventually. That's why you see so many TV members disappearing from the forum on an ongoing basis. That and Mr Toad annoys them.

Then there are those who stay. They are stuck here, or they have nothing to go home to. Then there are the few who fit in with Thais, like it here, and stay here until they die.

By the way, pay no attention to MrToad. He's a meany.

Building a house doesn't mean your stuck here thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Not to be a smartass either, but you mentioned the word "meany" several times, including the thread title. Is this how they spell "many" in Australia? "Meany" just sounds like a person who's not so nice.

But to your question, I've talked to many Englishmen in Thailand. In no particular order, they say their homeland is cold, bleak, over-regulated, expensive, and overrun by immigrants. I'm American, so I'm only speaking from comments that I've heard. And yes, I'm sure Thai women have something to do with this.

What you have heard from those Englishmen is 100% true.

• Like 2

Thailand or England?

What a difficult decision...

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd

Depends what's important to you, I suppose.

If rule of law, standards of service, abundance of professional

workmen, an absence of overt corruption and women who aren't after

your money are important to you, it's a no-brainer.

There are as many obese men in England as there women - something

to bear in mind next time youhear heavy-set men whining about fat

women back home.

Finally, I don't believe the OP was born in Australia - I simply don't believe that

the educational authoritieswould have let him leave school with English

as bad as his.

Yes, I have been to the UK many times as a tourist; and have always had a much enjoyable holiday.

• Like 2

There are meany English lining in Thailand ?

Don't know if there are many,,,,,,but I know one......not going to tell you his name.

Lives in Koh Chang......his name rhymes with frog.......wellllll it's a modern poem.....don't try to analyse that.........and he is the meanest Englishman that ever lived in Thailand.

• Like 1

Not to be a smartass either, but you mentioned the word "meany" several times, including the thread title. Is this how they spell "many" in Australia? "Meany" just sounds like a person who's not so nice.

But to your question, I've talked to many Englishmen in Thailand. In no particular order, they say their homeland is cold, bleak, over-regulated, expensive, and overrun by immigrants. I'm American, so I'm only speaking from comments that I've heard. And yes, I'm sure Thai women have something to do with this.

What you have heard from those Englishmen is 100% true.

And never forget "Braveheart"........................the film, I mean.

• Like 1

Any further discussion/comment on grammar and the thread will close.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand.

However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

• Like 1

Mr Toad, meany or not, was right in one of his earlier posts. The Brits are natural travellers and settlers. Has been that way for centuries. We are also natural philanthropists - so being the best educated nation in the world, we like to go out and teach the world's natives how to be civilised. Hasn't worked in Thailand yet of course

huh

Id vote for the cold ,bleak, dull ,grey.................this starts in October and goes on until about May, then we get Summer..............possibly a week of 25c temps....it all ends in a thunderstorm and then thats it for another year.

Also for quite a few months its not light until about 8am then dark at 4pm............its is bloody miserable.

• Like 2

My work and main home is in England.But me and Thai wife come here when business lets us .You get sick of cold in uk .But I don't think Thailand will ever be my permanent home.I like to spend short time in Bangkok but most on farm near Rio et.But I've already had two call wanting me to go back home.So probably leave wife here fly back next week and back here again as soon as I can.I want to stay here till March.

A lot of British come here for the women

Here they can be 50 60 or older and get a 20-25 year old Thai to look after them

British men want a young hottie to take care of them

In the UK they cannot get the hotties anymore

While the World has Poor Country's with unequal Currency s, You will always get exploitation by richer nations, you can buy anything, but you cannot buy commitment and

love. You can get the hotties in England, as you put it.but you have to pay more, maybe some thing the cheap charlies don't have that live in,, Thailand, bring it on.