Poll: Soldier is top career choice

Lite Beer

Poll: Soldier is top career choice

BANGKOK, 10 Jan 2015 (NNT) –Military profession has become the most popular while electronic gadgets have become must-have items in the eyes of children nowadays, according to a latest survey by Bangkok Poll Center of Bangkok University.

The survey, which covered 1,210 children aged between 6-14 in the capital city and nearby provinces, discovered that military officials, teachers and medical workers were dream professions among Thai kids.

As for what they expected from parents on the occasion of National Children’s Day, electronic devices such as iPad, smart phones and computer tablets topped the list of most-wanted gifts for children. Second most-wanted presents were sports kits and garments. As for must-go places, fun parks, Science Center for Education, museums and zoos were where they wanted to celebrate the National Children’s Day most.

Regarding their concerns about adults today, most of the respondents said they wished their parents and other adults to give up smoking, drinking, and gambling. Others said fighting among adults were most worrisome for them.

The majority of children, meanwhile, said they were aware of the 12 national core values promoted by the government.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-10 footer_n.gif

RELATED: Thailand health officials blame electronic gadgets for slow down in kids education

>>Regarding their concerns about adults today, most of the respondents said they wished their parents and other adults to give up smoking, drinking, and gambling. Others said fighting among adults were most worrisome for them.<< Quote

Government are you listening??

Way more important than the rest of the nonsense in the OP!!

• Like 1

Teenagers aspire to do military career, survey says

10-1-2558-14-39-40-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai teenagers aspire to grow up to be military officers, teachers and doctors, while iPad is also the gift that they want most from their parents, a survey of a university revealed.

Bangkok Poll of Bangkok University revealed the finding after conducting a survey asking 1,210 children aged between 6-14 in Bangkok and surrounding provinces.

Military career is found to be most popular among teenagers.

Asked what career they aspired to do when they grow up, most teenagers said they wanted to become military officers, followed by teachers and doctors.

Asked further what they wanted most as gift from their parents on the National Children’s Day, expected from parents, they said iPad, smart phones and computer tablets,

Second most-wanted gifts are sports kits and garments.

As for must-go places, fun parks, Science Centre for Education, museums and zoos are where they wanted to go and celebrate the National Children’s Day most.

Regarding their wish for adults to do, most teenagers wished their parents and adults to give up smoking, drinking, and gambling.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/teenagers-aspire-military-career-survey-says

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-10

I'm surprised this is a Bangkok University poll as it has all the signs of ' Thai Researchers for Community Happiness ' about it.

I'm 94% sure,

Indeed. Maybe they will be able to do away with conscription here soon given so many want the job.

• Like 1

"Military profession has become the most popular while electronic gadgets have become must-have items in the eyes of children nowadays"

Mindless, order-following, game-playing, narcissistic selfie-taking, serfs. biggrin.png

facepalm.gif

Somchai don't serf .xcowboy.gif.pagespeed.ic.OqunRvp1aPHZybe

• Like 2

Yea, last week was Doctor. What good are polls if they are so incorrect. Like playing darts. It's a mockery.

I think dear leader has been offended that the young want to be doctors so he has conducted his own poll in the interest of happiness. He built his own personal chair, commissioned numerous life sized cut outs of himself (taxpayer money) and invited all the kiddies to come and see what they can have if they model themselves on him.

Thailand doesn't need doctors, engineers or academics as they upset the populous. Thailand needs more Generals and coups with the full backing and admoration of the world.

Looking at the general age of the respondents I think it's less to do with having a "military profession" and more to do with having access to things that go bang bang or explode.

I seem to recall when I was about that age my careers of choice were either lion tamer, stuntman or Star Wars X-Wing pilot.

I wonder how many children actually go on to become what they dreamt of as a child.

The last thing I expected to be as a child was a mobile crane engineer and if it was I am sure the teachers would have looked at me oddly had I expressed that dream.

Looking at the general age of the respondents I think it's less to do with having a "military profession" and more to do with having access to things that go bang bang or explode.

I seem to recall when I was about that age my careers of choice were either lion tamer, stuntman or Star Wars X-Wing pilot.

lol. Yeah, I wanted to be a Formula One driver, an astronaut or a professional footballer.

Although I did have an Action Man and a tank for him to ride in. I have an early childhood memory from a neighbour's barbecue of the little girl next door playing with Barbie and Crystal Ken in her Barbie House. Guided by my good self, Action Man crashed into the garden in his tank, jumped out of the tank, Action Man then pulled Ken out of Barbie's living room and beat the living sh.. out of him and left him dangling in a tree (in front of Barbie), then sat in Ken's chair and got Barbie to wait on him all afternoon (bringing those little cups of tea and stuff).

• Like 1

lol. Yeah, I wanted to be a Formula One driver, an astronaut or a professional footballer.

Although I did have an Action Man and a tank for him to ride in. I have an early childhood memory from a neighbour's barbecue of the little girl next door playing with Barbie and Crystal Ken in her Barbie House. Guided by my good self, Action Man crashed into the garden in his tank, jumped out of the tank, Action Man then pulled Ken out of Barbie's living room and beat the living sh.. out of him and left him dangling in a tree (in front of Barbie), then sat in Ken's chair and got Barbie to wait on him all afternoon (bringing those little cups of tea and stuff).

And that is probably one of the funniest posts I have ever read on this forum! Good job!

• Like 1