Seven Thai police officers face probe for allegedly taking bribes from Koreans

webfact

Seven police face probe for allegedly taking bribes from Koreans

12-1-2558-17-13-33-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: - Seven metropolitan police officers have been placed under investigation for allegedly taking bribes from a group of Koreans operating an online gambling racket in exchange for allowing them to walk free.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, the assistant national police chief and spokesman of the National Police Office, said today that he ordered a fact-finding probe into the incident.

Two inspectors and five non-commissioned police officers of metropolitan police were implicated into alleged bribe taking in exchange for dropping charges against the seven South Koreans allegedly running an online gambling racket.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth said that the seven officers who were not identified would face harsh punitive actions if it was proven that they were involved in the wrongdoing.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/seven-police-face-probe-allegedly-taking-bribes-koreans

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-12

Fine head of hair for a man of his years, which is actually far more surprising and interesting than the original Thai policeman takes bribe story.

Just proves, that BS is an excellent fertilizer......................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

How about the rest of the force?

There's no one innocent enough to investigate that corrupt lot.

Actually this is a valid point. The salary of a low policeman is just not enough for living.

To get promoted you have to pay the decision maker.

So you either take bribes to make your living --corrupt.

And/or you bribe your superior to get promoted (and get higher salary)= corrupt.

Actually this is a valid point. The salary of a low policeman is just not enough for living.

And/or you bribe your superior to get promoted (and get higher salary)= corrupt.

Ooops. You just woke me up.

A low policeman? Do you have any in your original country of abode? Pls define a 'low policeman'.

Do you not believe promotion comes through performance and results, as opposed to buying it?

You are buying into Thainess, if you think it's a valid point.

Under the Junta it is becoming common news seeing police being held accountable for bribery and corruption. Heck even military staff were not immune to the Juntas accountability. Unless they are all fake news stories or there is a hidden agenda or my favorite excuse of late….The weather!!!……

I bet you won't see the current police chief getting his insignia pinned on by a convicted criminal fugitive.

Well done on the Junta for this pro active no nonsense approach.

I wonder if the harsh punitive punishment will be an inactive post though?

• Like 1

Under the Junta it is becoming common news seeing police being held accountable for bribery and corruption. Heck even military staff were not immune to the Juntas accountability. Unless they are all fake news stories or there is a hidden agenda or my favorite excuse of late….The weather!!!……

I bet you won't see the current police chief getting his insignia pinned on by a convicted criminal fugitive.

djjaamie, my blind friend!!

Try to do a little research on the current police chief.

Hint 1: Unusual wealth Hint 2-5: SLC, AQ, SAMART and WAT

BTW You conveniently forgot the officer, who got bestowed by a fake monk..........................coffee1.gif

There has long been a serious rift between Thai police and the army.

What you are seeing is some house cleaning against people who aren't in favor. There are many wealthy people in the police who won't be touched. Same with the army.

Didn't the Ministry of Propaganda produce an opinion poll result to show that corruption has dropped under junta rule ?

Incidentally the BP website carried a story that the recent massive transfer exercise in the Metro Police Bureau was designed to get those out of favour replaced by an ' In ' crowd.

Can you tell me the amount a newly "hired" policemen earns each month? Is the salary commensurate of education? How about the amount a police receives if advanced in rank? How does this salary compare to same skill set in the public domain?

Thanks