This sub forum has gotten more civil....?

dave_boo

The topic was: This sub forum has gotten more civil.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well well not this tread for sure, it's still like a kindergarten here mansad.png

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

One just needs to be smart about it.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I don't have a clue what you mean by that my man.

Well it's Saturday evening so perhaps drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwRbiggrin.png

I don't have a clue what you mean by that my man.

Well it's Saturday evening so perhaps drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwRbiggrin.png

Proudfeet!

I think there may well be something in the water over there in Thailand.

Some of you members should be ashamed of your on line antics.

Myself and a mate shall be over next week from Oz for a ride around the North and more.

Some good info on roads and such on here, but is spoiled ,as is often the case,by a few nutjobs.

Received a PM a while back telling me that the nutjobs were actually good guys.

Sadly the only evidence i've seen lately is contrary to this

It's a real shame to have so much friction on a bike forum when we are all on a common cause ,riding bikes.

There's enough crap to deal with out there on the roads ,from jerks who have no idea how to co-exist with motorbikes as it is.

Aside to that .i'm sure we will have a great ride/holiday.

Ride to live=live to ride.

Edited by garryjohns

Enjoy the riding. Roads up here are some of the best in Thailand.

Take the AH's with a grain of salt. Many good guys here, learned lots.

EG - bike burning oil ? Change the rims and levers !!

Gotta laff !

In the short time that you have been a member of this forum, you have had disagreements with no less than 4 or 5 posters. Most of your posts are veiled baits and insults. I put it to you that you are indeed a troll and that you absolutely hate it when someone disagrees with you and you take every opportunity to hit back.

Your contribution to this forum is minimal at best, at this point in time. LL2, in spite of his abrasive and aggressive replies, has given tons of good information to other members of this forum, in particular, related to gear and accessories. Can't say the same for you though.

abslute claptrap gweilo.grow up man! its simply that you and you're verbal"buddies"" [yes the 4 or 5 you spaek off] seem to believe that this forums all about you "buddies'' and no one else can have aveiwpoint! so i have had issues with a few of you..look back and see who kicked it off thouhj!! .yes ll2 has given info but has destroed many many threads by his as you eloqently speak of his"" abrasive and aggressive replies," which is exactly what this shit is all abou t do your really beleive that this shit from him is acctable? BS!! its not man! as you are ''buddies"' i get it that you all stickit together and defend him.but you all must admit he is a majer turn off to many posters outsude of you're ''buddies club"' and not just i said this. . as for "vieled threats from me??/show me.

Thanks for your compliment on my age. Sadly though, I'm afraid I'm probably a lot older than you.

Those of us who know ll2 would agree that he's a really decent guy but at the same time, concede that tactful communication is not his forte and his posts makes him come across as a bit of a rowdy kind of person. However, in you, I think we may have found a genuine contender to knock him off his perch. You might want to reread your own posts to see what I mean.

As for veiled threats, I don't make any.

I think there may well be something in the water over there in Thailand.

Some of you members should be ashamed of your on line antics.

Myself and a mate shall be over next week from Oz for a ride around the North and more.

Some good info on roads and such on here, but is spoiled ,as is often the case,by a few nutjobs.

Received a PM a while back telling me that the nutjobs were actually good guys.

Sadly the only evidence i've seen lately is contrary to this

It's a real shame to have so much friction on a bike forum when we are all on a common cause ,riding bikes.

There's enough crap to deal with out there on the roads ,from jerks who have no idea how to co-exist with motorbikes as it is.

Aside to that .i'm sure we will have a great ride/holiday.

Ride to live=live to ride.

thaproblem is Mr John's there is lot of older guys over here,who are still living in the past,they rode bikes 50 years ago in their youth ,now all they can ride is a scooter,they don't have a very exciting life here and are living on a tight budget,hence they troll the forums all day and they like to tell the younger guys how they think they should ride.throw into the mix the guys that come over and have had no previous bike experience and you have a complete mix of riders.

Yes, the forum members ranges from boy racers to wannabees to has beens. There are a few who started riding bikes before the day of the Ford Model T and they are unaware that the bikes (and road surfaces) of today are slightly evolved from then. There are also a few instructors from the days of when hand signals for left and right turns and slowing down were still being taught.

The problem is that the mix here is extremely diverse. Some are interested in technical aspects, Some (like me) don't even know how to change engine oil but just like to ride, whether it's a scooter to the local 7/11 or a touring bike around Thailand. However, the forum does not have enough members to discuss individual topics so some end up posting inappropriately.

Nevertheless, there's a lot of good info to be had. I also participate in the other two well known English forums in Thailand but the banter here is more fun.

In the short time that you have been a member of this forum, you have had disagreements with no less than 4 or 5 posters. Most of your posts are veiled baits and insults. I put it to you that you are indeed a troll and that you absolutely hate it when someone disagrees with you and you take every opportunity to hit back.

Your contribution to this forum is minimal at best, at this point in time. LL2, in spite of his abrasive and aggressive replies, has given tons of good information to other members of this forum, in particular, related to gear and accessories. Can't say the same for you though.

abslute claptrap gweilo.grow up man! its simply that you and you're verbal"buddies"" [yes the 4 or 5 you spaek off] seem to believe that this forums all about you "buddies'' and no one else can have aveiwpoint! so i have had issues with a few of you..look back and see who kicked it off thouhj!! .yes ll2 has given info but has destroed many many threads by his as you eloqently speak of his"" abrasive and aggressive replies," which is exactly what this shit is all abou t do your really beleive that this shit from him is acctable? BS!! its not man! as you are ''buddies"' i get it that you all stickit together and defend him.but you all must admit he is a majer turn off to many posters outsude of you're ''buddies club"' and not just i said this. . as for "vieled threats from me??/show me.

Thanks for your compliment on my age. Sadly though, I'm afraid I'm probably a lot older than you.

Those of us who know ll2 would agree that he's a really decent guy but at the same time, concede that tactful communication is not his forte and his posts makes him come across as a bit of a rowdy kind of person. However, in you, I think we may have found a genuine contender to knock him off his perch. You might want to reread your own posts to see what I mean.

so, you condone ll2 abrasive and aggressive replies? yes of coarse you all do.all you bumbuddies together. but what if you were noobie like so many ohers who have been targeted by hims abrasive and aggressive replies? many noobs have just given up and leaft here after coping a dose of his abrasive and aggressive replies! [ a bit of a rowdy as you asay! } Youre defencing the undefencible man!

you Gweiloman,whose comes across as an argumensive ,padantic old guy would not be pist off and countre strike to his obnociousness?? i call BS on that! also as on another tread running now youre and he go hand on hand attaching others who differ in views!! right pair of sad ol fools!

so, you condone ll2 abrasive and aggressive replies? yes of coarse you all do.all you bumbuddies together. but what if you were noobie like so many ohers who have been targeted by hims abrasive and aggressive replies? many noobs have just given up and leaft here after coping a dose of his abrasive and aggressive replies! [ a bit of a rowdy as you asay! } Youre defencing the undefencible man!

you Gweiloman,whose comes across as an argumensive ,padantic old guy would not be pist off and countre strike to his obnociousness?? i call BS on that! also as on another tread running now youre and he go hand on hand attaching others who differ in views!! right pair of sad ol fools!

You're really a laugh a minute.

I do not condone ll2's style of post but then again, it's not for me to criticise. I'm not his father and I have no right to tell him how to post. If he "attacks" me directly, then I will respond as appropriate.

"you Gweiloman,whose comes across as an argumensive ,padantic old guy would not be pist off and countre strike to his obnociousness?? i call BS on that! also as on another tread running now youre and he go hand on hand attaching others who differ in views!! right pair of sad ol fools!"

I understand argumensive (argumentative) and padantic (pedantic) but have no idea what the rest of the sentence means. Feel free to clarify.

As to the other thread running, could this be the one that I started about riding safely in Thailand?

Finally, I'm glad that I'm an old guy who was brought up civilly and with good manners and do not litter my sentences with vulgarity and foul language :)

Why dont you realize the fact that aggressive posts are for trolls like you.

You come and attack me by stalking my posts. Like in this thread. My post was not specifically about you but no you cannot stand the simple bites of reality and attacked me in an aggressive and abusive way as always. So you are the one starting things. Just grow up man!

Then come and complain like a small kid here 'oh ll2 is so aggressive and abrasive.'

Just wake up guys. Zero tolerance for posters constantly stalking and attacking my posts, calling my name or accusing me on things or assume things about me that are not true. About poking me - at least show an indicator at your posts so can see if you are disrespecting or just friendly and funny poking. We dont read minds here. Otherwise you get an aggresive reply as well.

I will be always aggressive on these. Dont do these and you dont get an aggressive reply or a pen up in your a...s....s.

So people blame me as aggressive etc. Just think about these.

There is no problem for a civilized debate as long as people respect the ideas.

Simple.

Edited by ll2

I do not condone ll2's style of post but then again, it's not for me to criticise. I'm not his father and I have no right to tell him how to post. If he "attacks" me directly, then I will respond as appropriate.

"you Gweiloman,whose comes across as an argumensive ,padantic old guy would not be pist off and countre strike to his obnociousness?? i call BS on that! also as on another tread running now youre and he go hand on hand attaching others who differ in views!! right pair of sad ol fools!"

I understand argumensive (argumentative) and padantic (pedantic) but have no idea what the rest of the sentence means. Feel free to clarify.

As to the other thread running, could this be the one that I started about riding safely in Thailand?

Finally, I'm glad that I'm an old guy who was brought up civilly and with good manners and do not litter my sentences with vulgarity and foul language smile.png

Yeah...didn't realise just how ancient you were until we last talked on the phone. Sweet baby jesus, did Noah give you time and half for all those hours you spent swinging a hammer?

speedthrills...that's how you do it...with innuendos. Perhaps English isn't your mother tongue, I know that it isn't for ll2, so perhaps that is why you are coming off just as abrasive as he does. Take a step back and look at the comparisons between your two poster's style. They are really similar. I propose that you wrote what you did for the same reason he did. Let's try to understand each other here.

• Like 2

Finally, I'm glad that I'm an old guy who was brought up civilly and with good manners and do not litter my sentences with vulgarity and foul language smile.png

Yeah...didn't realise just how ancient you were until we last talked on the phone. Sweet baby jesus, did Noah give you time and half for all those hours you spent swinging a hammer?

speedthrills...that's how you do it...with innuendos. Perhaps English isn't your mother tongue, I know that it isn't for ll2, so perhaps that is why you are coming off just as abrasive as he does. Take a step back and look at the comparisons between your two poster's style. They are really similar. I propose that you wrote what you did for the same reason he did. Let's try to understand each other here.

Please dave. Dont compare me with someone else. Especially with trolls writing in troll language with their fat troll fingers.

Please stop telling me aggressive or abrasive as it is for posters who deserve it and you know me well that i am not such a person.

You might ask a simple question to yourself: why i am not aggressive to you? Just bc you are my buddy? Hell no. Bc you keep things civilized. Dont attack me. Dont say things about my grandmom. Dont stalk me etc.

Simple, isnt it? I am sure you know and understand. If not take a step back and try to understand.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Please dave. Dont compare me with someone else. Especially with trolls writing in troll language with their fat troll fingers.

Please stop telling me aggressive or abrasive as it is for posters who deserve it and you know me well that i am not such a person.

You might ask a simple question to yourself: why i am not aggressive to you? Just bc you are my buddy? Hell no. Bc you keep things civilized. Dont attack me. Dont say things about my grandmom. Dont stalk me etc.

Simple, isnt it? I am sure you know and understand. If not take a step back and try to understand.

I have seen you go tilt at windmills man! But then I remember back to times that I, who am a native speaker, misconstrued something and wrongly posted a blistering reply which I had to retract. So there's understanding on my part. Especially since I've been around passionate people quite a bit (I believe I mentioned Italians on a 1800 hr. Sukhumvit commute to describe them) and have a thick skin.

And for those that think I would allow actual attacks against me or especially my family (which is totally unjustified and deserving of a nuclear option response IMHO)...well just see how I used to systematically dismantle certain posters.

**edit**

And I do think that you come across as abrasive or even slightly aggressive. You have an extremely curt writing style and really not much tact. I like that in a person as usually it means they don't spew b.s.

Yeah maybe too curt bro.

Remember our instance on that reply. Clearly i was either tired or maybe could not grasp. It happens but never something personal.

Maybe i need to put more smileys in my posts:)

From my more or less neutral point of view.

LL2 can be aggressive with his replies, he can also be a bit annoying as a Honda fanboy, but no harm here, I just ignore those posts.

However I noticed speedtrills once he attacked LL2 helmets comment, that attack was totally unjustified. Ever since then speedtrills was pocking on LL.

Note, I'm not taking sides with anyone, it was only my observation.

LL2 can be aggressive with his replies, he can also be a bit annoying as a Honda fanboy, but no harm here, I just ignore those posts.

However I noticed speedtrills once he attacked LL2 helmets comment, that attack was totally unjustified. Ever since then speedtrills was pocking on LL.

Yes, very obvious from speedthrills posts that they are all just attacks on ll2. Just wish that he would use a spellchecker so that we can decipher a bit better what he's trying to say.

Anyway ll2 can take care of himself very well.

• Like 2

thanks gweilo spellchecker is underrstood now good stuff, Shurup ,possibility youre right man.a bull to the redflag i can be. but please this is not alone to me and ii2 he has been on insulting many many others but unlike myself they just stopped postings and went away and left ll2 no-one to attack and this is why this thread was opened more civil as a resalt of ll2 not been able to attack .i will stand up to bulls like him everytime! thats as i am taut to do by my good dad!

Ironically a number of flames and replies have been removed from this topic.

Please be civil to other members.

From the Forum Rules:

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

I've never cared about feuds between posters-bikers or groups. I only ever had an argument with one guy who was trolling other people's threads, saying how gay saddlebags are and what a real man he is. Don't know if he's part of a group though.

The forum is about bikes and riding in Thailand. If we need those old conflicts and immature bickering again just to keep it interesting, it would be a sad state of affairs indeed..

This coming from someone who got so butthurt I dared criticise his distinguished poser ride (and valid criticisms on shocking lack of protection for riding Thai roads) that he's been stalking and flaming all my threads since.

post-181811-14220995843392_thumb.jpg

I've never cared about feuds between posters-bikers or groups. I only ever had an argument with one guy who was trolling other people's threads, saying how gay saddlebags are and what a real man he is. Don't know if he's part of a group though.

The forum is about bikes and riding in Thailand. If we need those old conflicts and immature bickering again just to keep it interesting, it would be a sad state of affairs indeed..

This coming from someone who got so butthurt I dared criticise his distinguished poser ride (and valid criticisms on shocking lack of protection for riding Thai roads) that he's been stalking and flaming all my threads since.
Yeeeei, the troll is back. Sure missed you. Lol

"Stalking and flaming all my threads since"....oh please hahaha

Who's the butthurt now?

Edited by OmegaRacer
  • Like 1